gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
5 days after I’ve had my Bronco, I go outside to get in the vehicle and notice a deformity on the exterior of the B pillar. It looks like something is melting it from the inside, but the dealer took it apart and everything looked normal. They also noticed it’s happening at the C pillar.

The next day, the issue got worse.

Then the following day it started to spread in a different area. Of the B pillar. The weather has been high 50’s during the day and high 30’s at night, so not that drastic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer told me the b pillar piece had been ordered but is inside of availability. They are still trying to get a listing for the c pillar part.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

wow. strange. Are you parked in a hot weather area? Do you park in a location that the sun's reflection off a building could be concentrating an intense rays toward the vehicle? I have seen melting of panels on adjacent buildings from that when a new, glass clad structure was put adjacent before. It will be interesting to see what they come up with as the reason.

OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once the electric issue was eliminated, I thought the same, but I park all my vehicles in the same spot of my driveway and no strong reflections are near the Bronco. It’s actually a bit shaded. It seems to be some type of chemical issue in the plastic maybe? I have barely driven the bronco 100 miles.

OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t done anything to it. I wonder if it’s what the dealer cleaned it with? Off the transportation delivery truck, it was quite filthy, so I’m sure they had to take a while cleaning it.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely keep us updated. This is extremely odd. Especially that it is slowly getting worse.
Sorry you have to deal with it, OP. But at least it is warranty. Me personally I'd definitely want to know the root cause though. Can't say I've ever seen this before.

OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Definitely keep us updated. This is extremely odd. Especially that it is slowly getting worse.
Sorry you have to deal with it, OP. But at least it is warranty. Me personally I'd definitely want to know the root cause though. Can't say I've ever seen this before.
thanks…I guess the plastic pieces are not “Ford tough”, lol. I don’t even feel like driving the Bronco because it looks like it’s melting alway. Bad marketing for Ford with a brand new vehicle. It could be days or months before I get the part, who knows.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Straight lines. Hmm. I can't picture any wash process (by hand or auto) that would spray straight diagonal streams like that, but who knows.

Have we seen the back of these pieces? Perhaps there are diamond shaped reinforcements where resins or other molding chemicals are still active, or collecting?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vandalism, chemical or like noted, some sort of odd magnified reflection. You would think if it was reflective the weathestrip (sp) would show some kind of deformation or witness mark. Nothing behind it restraint wise or wiring that would do that much less generate enough heat through the b pillar metal to cause that type of damage.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry OP, your Bronco has Leprosy.

In seriousness, I can't imagine waiting that long for a Bronco and then it melting before you. The majority of people are still waiting to get built but the number of issues seems pretty significant; especially if this forum is only a small cross section of the Bronco community.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the old days when someone got a new car jokers would add gas to tank every night ,owner would tell everyone how great the mileage was .
Then next few weeks take some out and let owner try to figure it out.
Maybe vandalism or jealousy is at play here

OP
OP
gronsay

gronsay

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought vandalism as well or someone trying to break in by using a heat gun to make space behind the glass. Doesn’t make sense with a soft top they could cut. All signs lead to chemical. With the amount of cameras in my neighborhood, I highly doubt it’s vandalism.
Sponsored