Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If an officer is complaining about not being saluted, 9 times out of 10, it's a butterbar.

good-morning-vietnam-hauk.jpg

"You know, I hate the fact that you people never salute me. I am a lieutenant and I would like salutes occasionally, that’s what being a higher rank is all about."
#accurate
Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If an officer is complaining about not being saluted, 9 times out of 10, it's a butterbar.

good-morning-vietnam-hauk.jpg

"You know, I hate the fact that you people never salute me. I am a lieutenant and I would like salutes occasionally, that’s what being a higher rank is all about."

When I was Ft Knox, we always grabbed lunch to go from the hospital. One day as I was walking in, I was about to cross paths with a butterbar-who had a double arm-load of about 8 food containers. Hell, I thought I was being nice NOT to salute so the poor guy wouldn't have to return the salute. Called me out, chewed my ass, made me salute, etc.
"No problem, Sir--but you're gonna have to return that salute!" I stood there saluting until he put every container on the ground and saluted back. I like to think he learned a lesson that day....but probably not!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I remember my regulations correctly, if a soldier is on a supervised duty, such as police call, the NCO supervising that duty is charged with rendering the salute, unless the duty is called to attention.

Happened to me in West Germany when I didn't salute a butterbar while picking up trash in the AAFEES parking lot. I got dragged in front of my CO with my 1st Sgt and the very proud LT, I got my ass chewed, but then calmly showed them the reg in the book. My CO and 1st Sgt just looked at each other and shrugged, the buttterbar left out in a huff.
That is correct, but only as you stated, when in a supervised detail, or unit formation.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was Ft Knox, we always grabbed lunch to go from the hospital. One day as I was walking in, I was about to cross paths with a butterbar-who had a double arm-load of about 8 food containers. Hell, I thought I was being nice NOT to salute so the poor guy wouldn't have to return the salute. Called me out, chewed my ass, made me salute, etc.
"No problem, Sir--but you're gonna have to return that salute!" I stood there saluting until he put every container on the ground and saluted back. I like to think he learned a lesson that day....but probably not!
We were fortunate enough to have a great flight commander for our EOD shop at Whiteman AFB - prior Navy enlisted - but that didn't mean we didn't screw with him every once in a while. He made the mistake of bringing his parents by the shop before taking them to lunch. A while later about seven of us left to head to lunch, and he just happened to be walking his parents back into the build from the parking lot as we headed out. I glanced at the other six guys and just said "accordion".

We all promptly expanded into a long line with about 5 yards between each of us. With big grins, we each rendered the appropriate salute as we passed the Captain and his parents. He muttered "damn you all" as he passed and had to basically hold a return salute all the way into the building.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey I have a request, @elmystico — can you create a badge that would look similar to the attached cobra style. Instead of the cobra, make it a bronco. And then the script (in the bronco font) to say “first edition”

Thanks in advance!!!

2458AE07-B09A-4EF9-BA0E-EB1B3E9BB242.jpeg

8CE4A1A9-52BC-4048-B5C7-0A3A04B80C2A.jpeg

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I have a request, @elmystico — can you create a badge that would look similar to the attached cobra style. Instead of the cobra, make it a bronco. And then the script (in the bronco font) to say “first edition”

Thanks in advance!!!

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 8CE4A1A9-52BC-4048-B5C7-0A3A04B80C2A

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 8CE4A1A9-52BC-4048-B5C7-0A3A04B80C2A
that's actually a great idea. But i think it would look great for all trims!

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay guys, I have zero photoshop ability. But this is what I was thinking.

how difficult would it be (asking Ford) to make a badge that looks like this and stick it in the bronco like how the limited does?

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 4931D451-3414-4FCF-B554-29D4321E4371

7A8C0A49-3CEA-470B-A2D1-C307A2DECA41.jpeg

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay guys, I have zero photoshop ability. But this is what I was thinking.

how difficult would it be (asking Ford) to make a badge that looks like this and stick it in the bronco like how the limited does?

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 7A8C0A49-3CEA-470B-A2D1-C307A2DECA41

Ford Bronco B6G members-made custom Bronco logos, badges, stickers thread - submit your work here 7A8C0A49-3CEA-470B-A2D1-C307A2DECA41
You would think that's exactly what they would do for a limited-run edition like this, right? No sign they are going to, however, which I think is yet another missed opportunity. Ford's PR folks have said they won't be changing anything about logos or badging on the Bronco.

So it's up to us. The sky is the limit on everyone's imaginations as far as what they want their Bronco to look like, which I think is cool. There are some companies on the internet that will make chrome badges for you on spec, but unfortunately they are pricey, even when making a pair for each fender. But I think some folks seriously want to customize to that extent so are going in that direction. Others, as seen earlier in this thread, have awesome 3D printing skills they're using. I am not that skilled, so I have focused on window/bumper stickers and decals, or stickers we can place atop the existing badges to hide Ford's awful (in my opinion) badge designs.

(I like to joke that the reason the Badlands badge turned out looking like, um, shall we say, female genitalia is because Ford farmed the design process out to a nearby third-grade art class, and while they were willing to draw for free, they won't learn about the birds and the bees for a few more years.)

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only thing is that it uses the Bronco, which is a trademarked Ford logo.
Sure, I totally understand— well maybe they are “listening” and just rip off the simple thing I put together.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, I totally understand— well maybe they are “listening” and just rip off the simple thing I put together.
I laughed but, crap, you might be right. I also had not yet mentioned this is this thread, but after talking to two different dealers in the past few weeks, one local and one far from elsewhere, that it sounds like the Ford Death Star has begun cracking down on use of their logos. They're even telling dealers not to create anything of their own for promo purposes and only use Ford-approved literature and images. It's like the crotchety old "get off my lawn" men have taken over. And they have every right to, of course. I don't want our admin to catch hell for it here.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I laughed but, crap, you might be right. I also had not yet mentioned this is this thread, but after talking to two different dealers in the past few weeks, one local and one far from elsewhere, that it sounds like the Ford Death Star has begun cracking down on use of their logos. They're even telling dealers not to create anything of their own for promo purposes and only use Ford-approved literature and images. It's like the crotchety old "get off my lawn" men have taken over. And they have every right to, of course. I don't want our admin to catch hell for it here.
U think I need to delete?
Sponsored