Sponsored

B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not?

Can you drive a stick (manual)? Yes or No

• Total voters

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick poll of you awesome members.

So I am guessing that most (more than 50%) of B6G members can drive a manual and @Drex thinks it’s less than 50%. Made me curious but yes or no, can you drive a manual?
do the same poll and ask if people can drive an Auto... now that will tell you something!

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can drive a manual great, I just despise them. I keep telling my dad when I inherit his classic Corvette I'm gonna swap an Auto in it, that really gets him going haha

Sponsored

portalgun

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, 14 GMC Sierra, 15 4runner Ltd.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have an AP1 S2000 as my summer fun car and a 14 Sierra as my daily that the Bronco would be replacing. All manual all the time if I can have it my way. As much as I'd love the 2.7, the 2.3 will do just fine since it's a 7spd.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Manual for last 20 years in DD, time for auto

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So @Drex - can I claim victory yet? 250+ respondents and 93% say they can drive a stick.

I was hypothesizing that most B6G members can drive a stick because we are enthusiasts and maybe (slightly) skew a bit older than the general driving population so most of us would be able to drive a stick and seems my inclination was right. But, if this was a poll of all drivers in the US, this would be way lower.

I learned to drive on a 1970 VW Rabbit 5 speed. Have since taught both my kids to drive a stick and my son has the WRX so I can get my manual fix when needed (and that’s a fun car to drive manual in).

Last edited:

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of my memorable times as a dad was the time I spent with my daughter teaching her to drive a Mini Cooper S with a stick. She had it perfected after a couple of hours. Many of her friends always wanted drive the Mini but none could because they didn't know how. I think at one point in college she had a friend who could drive a stick.

Maybe a better poll question would be> Are you capable and confident enough to drive a manual through San Francisco?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I gave up my Focus RS for the Bronco!:cry:
Yeah, I'm going to offload my WRX once I get my Bronco. I would love to keep it, but won't have the space for it in the garage and it wouldn't be right to park it on the street 😕
I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can until then. Drove it on the tail of the dragon last Nov. That was a blast 😃
Ford Bronco B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not? 1613069438743

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm going to offload my WRX once I get my Bronco. I would love to keep it, but won't have the space for it in the garage and it wouldn't be right to park it on the street 😕
I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can until then. Drove it on the tail of the dragon last Nov. That was a blast 😃
Ford Bronco B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not? 1613069438743
With the pandemic - I was only driving my RS on weekends just to get some mileage on it, so I wasn't really taking advantage of it. Sold it to a young guy who appreciates it. I was surprisingly okay with it!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know how to drive a manual in theory, but I'm not very good at it (marked "no" in the poll).

I'm 25 so there just weren't many manuals around when I was learning to drive. I've probably spent a grand total of two hours behind the wheel of a manual in my life. But still, I would have ordered a manual if they offered it in the 2.7L because I'm sure I could figure it out within an afternoon and it seems like it would be more fun to drive.
A buddy of mine, in his twenties bought a manual Chevy Colorado off the lot. Bought the manual because it was cheaper. Had no idea how to drive one but rolled it off the lot anyway. 🤣 That was 15 years ago....still has the truck....still has the same clutch.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been driving one for over 40 yrs. Got tired of it!
I also think most of the people that don’t know how to drive a stick will not answer the question
Sponsored