Sponsored

B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not?

Can you drive a stick (manual)? Yes or No

• Total voters

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove them for 15 years, glad to not do it anymore. IMHO only fun in real sports cars..nothing else.
Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who sometimes looks at survey data professionally, Iā€™m guessing a lot of people who canā€™t drive a manual didnā€™t take this survey. Many people donā€™t like to answer a survey if they canā€™t give the perceived ā€˜correctā€™ answers, even when itā€™s totally anonymous.

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I can drive a manual. Have a manual mustang I dd in summer time, bronco is for winter dd duties and different kinds of fun. Remote start and the 2.7 were my reasons for the auto.

Nothing like the sound of a throaty coyote 5.0 and banging my own gears. Questionable whether a manual Bronco will give me that same feeling.

All of these KOH videos are making me think the Bronco may indeed be "that fun" with the manual. I still have time to change my mind, again.

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This probably a biased audience. If you poll America you are probably right. Polling a forum of folks that spend too much time talking about a vehicle we have never seen before will probably get a slightly different answer than the general population.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I was 12... learned in a 67 step side ford 3 on the tree.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The manual is not available on the First Edition. All I want FORD is a 500HP V8 coupled with a manual and no electronic nannies. I don't even need NAV. Just give me a stereo and some USB power.

FORD...I realize I only represent the .0000001 % of car buyers. I need this car in my life.

NO MORE DIGITAL GAUGE CLUSTERS EITHER....I hate those damn things.

And if you are going to force me to get an AUTO...either make it a column shifter or give me paddles. I hate that the shifter takes up storage space between the seats.

Also FORD...if you are listening...Mickey Thompson Classic III Wheels coupled with Baja Boss tires. We need to bring chrome back. I can't stand this black wheel styling. It looks like hell. It's about time someone stood up and said it.

Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I learned on a manual and have had a few manual vehicles but none for probably 20 years +. My fIrst manual was a 1980 VW Dasher Diesel wagon. I don't miss that one. I rented a car in Costa Rica a few years ago and it was a manual. Stalled out a few times trying to re-learn but it came back easily after a day or so. I'm buying a base mansquatch so I can teach my kids how to drive a manual before manual vehicles don't exist anymore!

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick poll of you awesome members.

So I am guessing that most (more than 50%) of B6G members can drive a manual and @Drex thinks itā€™s less than 50%. Made me curious but yes or no, can you drive a manual?
šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘ ... love stick shift; sitting in my car right now typing this out.

šŸ™ƒšŸ‘ ... want auto cause I drive like a madman with the precision that stick affords ... ... ... oh, others in the house can't drive stick.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love driving a manual, drove a 1990 SAAB 900s manual in highschool, had a 1994 accord, a manual jetta. my first automatic is my 2017 Civic hatchback. I wanted to get a manual bronco but my husband said he wanted the 2.7 so we went with the 2.7L (even though its my car).
the other reasoning i thought of was that my mom has a 4 door wrangler with the auto stop/start on a manual and its stalled on her at lights a few times, i'm not sure if its her driving style (1/2 the time based on what i could find online it shouldnt even be shutting off at the lights near her house) or an issue with the car that the dealer cant figure out yet but that was a tiny consideration i had when it came to the bronco.
since this is my daily driver i dont really miss shifting or being stopped on a steep hill stuck in traffic, although my Jetta i swear was idiot proof and never stalled.