Sponsored

B6G Poll: can you drive a manual or not?

Can you drive a stick (manual)? Yes or No

• Total voters

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My son turns 16 in 10 days: his present is a 5 speed.
We promise not to tell him. 😏
For what it's worth, my ride at 16 was a Chevy Caprice Classic coupe. Yeah - the ones they put big rims on now [chuckle]. That was a different era.
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think your question should have been “can you drive a stick in San Francisco without ‘hill hold’ or similar feature.“ It would separate the wheat from the chaff.

Colioli

Black Diamond
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been driving manuals since I was born! Mama gave birth to me on her way driving to the hospital in the old farm truck three on the tree. When I popped out she injured her left leg, so I sat there in the floor board and pushed the clutch in for her so we could make it to the hospital safely. They always say better to learn the hard way.🤠
This one has me in tears

Sponsored

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep in mind, this is a Bronco enthusiast forum not an avocado recipe site. These poll results are probably pretty solid.

STANG526

Outer Banks
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford Mustang, Ford F150, Pontiac Grand am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When, I was test driving Mustang's in 99, the salesman looked dubious about my abilities. After a trip on the windy roads around Portland, he exclaimed, " you CAN drive a stick!". Why do guys think girls can't do that? I admit, it is hard in high heels.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think your question should have been “can you drive a stick in San Francisco without ‘hill hold’ or similar feature.“ It would separate the wheat from the chaff.
Lol i was surfing in sf one time and a big foot race ended right at the beach,these 3 pretty girls we wondering how they were going to get back downtown where they started.

I said hop in girls im heading that way ,the hop in my 93 f150 5 speed manual bench seat and we are all cozy up front we head up the road and theres a big hill and we have to stop,uh oh i got three girls in the front with me im not small and hoping i dont choke the startup . The light turns and like butter we start moving from the steep hill ! the girls say wow that was smooth ,i say yall anit seen nothin yet.🙈

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can also churn my own butter but why would I, it’s the 21st century. But I love the attitude from stick heads who feel superior about it, like they’re smarter than everyone else or have some ninja driving skillz.
I don't feel superior. It's just after way too many years of driving it gets boring. It isn't fun without something extra to do.🙂

Sure it's fun to come to a dead stop on Veteran's Memorial highway in NV and see how quickly you can get to 100. But it's not like I can do that everyday.🙃

Sponsored

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. Would’ve strongly considered manual if all the gizmos would have come with it (remote start, trail turn, etc) and if it would’ve been available on the 2.7. Auto it is. My knees will probably thank me later for going auto anyway.
Wait...wha?....First time I've heard no trail turn. I haven't heard that yet and maybe there's a technical reason manual will not, educate me....maybe losing the combo of remote start and trail turn assist might sway me to go 2.7 auto +$3490

Whinney 2112

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I learned in my 30's driving a GMC Sonoma... every vehicle since(ok... 2) have been manual. My Bronco will be manual as well. :)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll never drive anything but a stick. Save the manuals!
i used to think this way too, until I drove a DCT e90 M3. every shift was so utterly perfect until full throttle, it was like someone was hitting the rear bumper with a baseball bat. so good.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 4C upshifts in 120ms and blips the throttle and rpm matches on downshift.

It also has 2 different forms of launch control depending on which drive mode you are in
In Dynamic, plant the brake, plant the gas pedal, It revs to 3500rpms. Drop the brake and off you go and have to manually shift
In Race, Plant the brake, plant the gas pedal, shift to negative 1, It revs to 6500 rpms. Drop the brake and off you go. Car shifts for you all the way to 6th gear.

Most other vehicles require going into the DIC menu. I can do a 1/4 mile with launch control before you can select Launch control on the Focus RS we have
:LOL:

I love Dynamic mode and manual shift it all the time. I just don't have a 3rd pedal and I don't miss it one bit.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife and I can both drive a manual, but we still opted for the 10AT. As much as I like having control over what gear I'm in, shifting gears myself isn't that fun anymore.
Sponsored