BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
First off, Those bumpers have to be fake just to throw us off. They look ridiculous.
Secondly, if the baby bronco comes out with a real 2 speed transfer case unlike the pretend 4 low of the Jeep renegade and compass, I will consider getting the baby bronco instead.
All Jeep had to do was make a compact suv like the renegade, Cherokee and compass with a real 2 speed transfer case like the Suzuki samurai and more people would take those vehicles seriously.
Imagine having a true climate controlled nice vehicle that pretty much goes places a side by side can go.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you are right there, because it looks a lot like the old Ford Escape, the original one. So perhaps they are just using a grafted on Escape body for drivetrain testing. Hopefully that is not the baby Bronco body work under that cladding.
Ford would not use a uni body from the 2000's for a test mule and this is not the 2019 or 2020 escape body. This is something different. You can tell by the parallel window opening/molding top and bottom. This matches pretty well with baby Bronco picture.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...You can tell by the parallel window opening/molding top and bottom. This matches pretty well with baby Bronco picture.
The straight belt line carrying from the hood through the bottom edge of the windows is rarely seen today, but it was standard before crossovers became a thing. Today most models would have that line carry up from the hood merging toward the roofline at the d-pillar, gobbling up visibility in the rear windows.

Sponsored

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Photoshop with 31s is all you will do. This is clearly a unit body front wheel drive platform. I have lifted three Jeeps Wranglers, a CJ and four Toyota trucks. The Jeep Wranglers are literally built to be lifted as is the CJ. The 86 Toy had a SFA and lifted easily and functionally with OEM quality results. The 91 lifted okay because it had torsion bars. The Tundra and my current Tacoma, 3 (slight less) inch lift each, not so easy as the IFS required replacement of significant parts, uppers and lowers, diff drop and both a front and rear drive shaft before the trucks were equal to OEM in function, ride and quality. And then not to mention trimming body seams etc to get articulation. Lifting without articulation, that is a fools errand. And to get articulation you have to have wheel wells capable of swallowing the tires and the suspension room that things do not start running into one another.

Whatever is under that tarp is not ground breaking in anything I see that would make me think it suitable for 31 inch plus tires or lifting. Lifting front drive vehicles, like why?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Photoshop with 31s is all you will do. This is clearly a unit body front wheel drive platform. I have lifted three Jeeps Wranglers, a CJ and four Toyota trucks. The Jeep Wranglers are literally built to be lifted as is the CJ. The 86 Toy had a SFA and lifted easily and functionally with OEM quality results. The 91 lifted okay because it had torsion bars. The Tundra and my current Tacoma, 3 (slight less) inch lift each, not so easy as the IFS required replacement of significant parts, uppers and lowers, diff drop and both a front and rear drive shaft before the trucks were equal to OEM in function, ride and quality. And then not to mention trimming body seams etc to get articulation. Lifting without articulation, that is a fools errand. And to get articulation you have to have wheel wells capable of swallowing the tires and the suspension room that things do not start running into one another.

Whatever is under that tarp is not ground breaking in anything I see that would make me think it suitable for 31 inch plus tires or lifting. Lifting front drive vehicles, like why?
Oh please don’t tell me it’s going to be another front wheel drive turd like everything else, how does it earn the bronco name with that?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh please don’t tell me it’s going to be another front wheel drive turd like everything else, how does it earn the bronco name with that?
This is the Baby Bronco, which is just what the public has been calling it. Ford refers to it as the "small off road utility" or something like that, and will probably call it one of the dozen names they've registered recently like Maverick, Scout or Adventurer.

Dub347sbf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco sport 302, 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the Baby Bronco, which is just what the public has been calling it. Ford refers to it as the "small off road utility" or something like that, and will probably call it one of the dozen names they've registered recently like Maverick, Scout or Adventurer.
Exactly. If this is what the bean counters need to greenlight the big brother, then I am all for it. I'll be glad if people enjoy it and buy it so we can get the proper Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And it'll replace the Ecosport which isn't eco friendly and gets worse gas mileage than my 13 Escape. My escape got 26mpg and the Ecosport is hard pressed to get 21mpg

Last edited:

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
anybody else cringe every time the word rugged is used to describe the baby bronco?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
upload_2019-7-28_1-1-54.jpeg

I was hoping for something a little shorter like this to carry the Bronco name. Now this looks rugged to me. Not that long 8 window station wagon looking thing but then again, It is camouflaged pretty good so there’s still hope.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anybody else cringe every time the word rugged is used to describe the baby bronco?
As long as they make a differentiation when talking about the Bronco, meh. Marketing language is 99.999% meaningless, which is why I Iook forward to the day when they start telling us something quantitative.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, you are right there, because it looks a lot like the old Ford Escape, the original one. So perhaps they are just using a grafted on Escape body for drivetrain testing. Hopefully that is not the baby Bronco body work under that cladding.
I always thought the original escape was a decent looking vehicle,., better than any of the of the other fake SUVs. Hopefully it gets some capability as well, it would make a good towed for an RV. If Ford plays it right one vehicle could compete with all the phony Jeeps (Cherokee, Compass , Renegade), the Bronco will compete with the Wrangler, and the Explorer, with the new RWD/FWD, (give it a low range!) layout can compete with the Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.