bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! Time to sell your reservation to the highest bidder for some extra cash lol.

While it may be easier to use than a Jeep, I agree with everyone and would definitely consider the 4 door.
Sponsored

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP didnā€™t ask if it would be easier to get his kid into a 4 door vs 2 door. He asked for thoughts compared to Jeepā€™s bench seat vs Broncoā€™s bucket seats. Seems like he is set on 2 door already.

Now, yes I think the bucket seats are definitely going to be better than the bench when it comes to child seats. And honestly for those arguing for 4 door, it really depends on the actual doors. I have a 4 door and hate putting my son in his car seat because of the angle at which I have to hold him to get him into the car. I think the Bronco (and yes Iā€™m going 2 door) will be easier as the angle will be different. Plus heā€™s a daredevil already so Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have a blast climbing into it when heā€™s old enough.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning on getting a 2 door, and we just found out we have a baby on the way! I have been watching Jeep videos on car seats and it does not look like much fun. The biggest obstacle in the Jeep is that the rear seat is a bench in the videos I have seen. I think Bronco may have an advantage here with rear bucket seats that fold down individually. I think I may be best off to open rear, have one seat folded down, and bring infant seat in through the back. Anyone have any thoughts?
Hmm maybe take the top off, climb into the cargo area and lower the baby seat down that way. May save a little hassle, maybe even a system of pulling and levers haha. Congrats!

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have your brother just see how the passenger seat folds, does it fold forward and tumble? So thereā€™s room to get to the back seat on the passenger side? Should be doable

congratulations!

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a baby seat in my Isuzu Rodeo Sport. It was bearable. They donā€™t stay in those for long anyways. Car seat was a breeze (especially once they could buckle themselves). My car wasnā€™t our main family transport early on, but once the kids could verbalize it, they wanted to ride in the ā€œZuzuā€œ. So we did. The Bronco is slightly larger on the inside and the door is longer (that would have been nice) than my Isuzu. 2DR Bronco should be a breeze.

OP
OP
PrevCYBRTRKrez

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP didnā€™t ask if it would be easier to get his kid into a 4 door vs 2 door. He asked for thoughts compared to Jeepā€™s bench seat vs Broncoā€™s bucket seats. Seems like he is set on 2 door already.

Now, yes I think the bucket seats are definitely going to be better than the bench when it comes to child seats. And honestly for those arguing for 4 door, it really depends on the actual doors. I have a 4 door and hate putting my son in his car seat because of the angle at which I have to hold him to get him into the car. I think the Bronco (and yes Iā€™m going 2 door) will be easier as the angle will be different. Plus heā€™s a daredevil already so Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have a blast climbing into it when heā€™s old enough.
Thanks for the response! Definitely set on 2 doors. Really meant in comparison to Jeep. I know 4 door would be better, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the looks and price. Who know if we will still even be able to afford one come next summer. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks everyone for the responses!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2 month old newborn and I am also curious to see if a baby seat will work in the back seats of the 2-door. I asked my brother in Colorado to see if he could put his in the Bronco at the event open to the public there. Hoping they'll let him. Most likely they won't.
We had two child seats in my CJ7. Worked fine. Lots of fun off-roading and camping in Colorado over the years. A 4-door would be easier ... but then you'd be driving a 4-door. Or as my teenage son calls it - an "old persons car", lol.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will most likely work with 2 door just may be a little more pain in the butt.
This 'Pain' in the Butt will be there until the Baby turns atleast 2 to get to the Front Facing, it means for 2 long years had to deal with it.

I was is a similar situation in a Mustang for year and CoVid hit and got saved from the Pain in my Butt literally.

Holding the Car Seat with the Baby in it would not be an easy Task and not a safety manouver for the Baby as well depending on the Circumstances like @zaki has mentioned.

Last edited:

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ā€œI am planning on getting a 2 door, and we just found out we have a baby on the way!.....Anyone have any thoughts?ā€

??

Yeah, get a 4 door!?

Seriously!
Just picture yourself taking that car seat with your treasure strapped in it and moving it in and out of the truck at an awkward back straining angle with the front seat tilted forward. Now picture doing that thousands of times in all sorts of weather, sleet, snow, rain, heat.

Now picture your wife doing that alone when youā€™re not with them!

And congrats!??
X2 my wife had a two door jeep jk and it was a PITA trying to get baby in and out. She now has 4 door wrangler

Sponsored

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I read right, you are considering putting the baby seat in through the tailgate of the vehicle?

Huh. Hadn't thought of that. It might work with the seats that already have the kid strapped in that click into the base, but that angle getting it up and over the base would tempt a good tweak of the back. Weighted outstretched arms with rotation.

Keep in mind though, if you end up with a soft top (assuming it's like a jeep) there will be a bar going across the tailgate area with the rear window above. This horizontal bar lies in line with the top of the tailgate and would render the tailgate useless for baby loading.

OP
OP
PrevCYBRTRKrez

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I read right, you are considering putting the baby seat in through the tailgate of the vehicle?

Huh. Hadn't thought of that. It might work with the seats that already have the kid strapped in that click into the base, but that angle getting it up and over the base would tempt a good tweak of the back. Weighted outstretched arms with rotation.

Keep in mind though, if you end up with a soft top (assuming it's like a jeep) there will be a bar going across the tailgate area with the rear window above. This horizontal bar lies in line with the top of the tailgate and would render the tailgate useless for baby loading.
Thank you. Didn't think about the soft top problem.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not quite sure about the baby seat specific issues but as a kid my parents never had any big SUV or mini van. They always drove a SAAB, the one we used the most was the 2 door SAAB 900 hatchback. We managed fine with my sister,the dog and myself in the back,with all our vacation gear packed to the ceiling and a canoe and sailboat on the roof.
I think my husband and I may have a kid in the near future, i figure I'm going to get the car I want. If we were able to manage when I was a kid i can manage in a two door bronco.
Most people I know have multiple car seats anyway so moving the base shouldn't be that big of an issue.
My nieces managed to buckle themselves in once they were in the larger front facing seats and older. It would be a matter of how the passenger seat moves forward as someone else suggested trying.

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think my husband and I may have a kid in the near future, i figure I'm going to get the car I want. If we were able to manage when I was a kid i can manage in a two door bronco.
Most people I know have multiple car seats anyway so moving the base shouldn't be that big of an issue.

I held a VERY similar opinion when we were going to have our first child. I had a manual civic coupe that I LOVED. My parents had coupes and small vehicles, I can do it too. No big deal; it's worth it to drive what you like.

Well, fast forward several years. Yes, I was making it work, but it was cumbersome, and the joy I thought I'd have driving what I "wanted" was overwhelmingly replaced with the realization that while "doable" it simply was an unnecessary nuisance. Bought a 4 door wrangler, and despite the size limitations with that vehicle, it was a HUGE improvement over the two-door.

Never underestimate how much stuff a kid needs too. This improves as they get older but gosh it's a LOT when they are very little.

My perspective changed. Finding a vehicle that fit my kid, and still made me happy was eventually more important than the ultimate vehicle to my personality.
Sponsored