Badlands

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They were only in Moab to test out our potholes in the asphalt roads.
I'm sure Dearborn has an ample array of those for testing. Moab is a shot at Jeep, but that thing doesn't look like much of a threat.

At least the full-scale public roadshow has started, things are moving along...

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone noticed that we haven’t seen a Frankenranger mule in a while??? Curious...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone noticed that we haven’t seen a Frankenranger mule in a while??? Curious...
When Ford does have some prototypes with the proper sheetmetal there is a good chance it will be testing in secret for a while. Perhaps somewhere remote, without prying eyes and camera lenses. That time frame may have already started if the '3 or more months after the baby' time frame has been met.

If the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" will launch sales in Q2 next year, we should see it without any camo this winter, and have its public debut around the same time. The BroncoBronco should certainly be testing in prototype form by then, but where, and if we'll see it, who knows?

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When Ford does have some prototypes with the proper sheetmetal there is a good chance it will be testing in secret for a while. Perhaps somewhere remote, without prying eyes and camera lenses. That time frame may have already started if the '3 or more months after the baby' time frame has been met.

If the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" will launch sales in Q2 next year, we should see it without any camo this winter, and have its public debut around the same time. The BroncoBronco should certainly be testing in prototype form by then, but where, and if we'll see it, who knows?
I'm sure it's already out there. Either hiding in remote testing areas. Or in plain sight with a jeep body on it. Or just a much more clever frankenranger body, regular cab shortbed. Only people that know there isn't such a thing in the USA would notice it immediately.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...in plain sight with a jeep body on it. Or just a much more clever frankenranger body, regular cab shortbed. ....
That would mean it was still just in the mule phase of testing, and not a prototype like the baby, which ought to have all of its systems in place to make sure they're integrated, balanced and tuned to work together properly.

Ford typically likes to test prototypes for at least a year before delivery. If we started seeing the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" this spring and it was intended to reach consumers late Q2 next year that would line up.

With delivery of the BroncoBronco targeting Q1 of 2021, prototypes might already exist, but they certainly will by the end of the year. As for when we might see one, it all depends on how hard Ford will continue to hide it -- and that could largely depend on the marketing strategists, and what kind of real world off road test standards Ford intends the BroncoBronco to achieve.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you think the final version of the baby bronco will have more aggressive tires, wheels and stance? These mules look wimpy.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think the final version of the baby bronco will have more aggressive tires, wheels and stance? These mules look wimpy.
I'm sure there will be packages. An fx4 or off road package, something a little more urban with more wheel less tire. Something sporty, then something basic. Or something along those lines.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would mean it was still just in the mule phase of testing, and not a prototype like the baby, which ought to have all of its systems in place to make sure they're integrated, balanced and tuned to work together properly.

Ford typically likes to test prototypes for at least a year before delivery. If we started seeing the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" this spring and it was intended to reach consumers late Q2 next year that would line up.

With delivery of the BroncoBronco targeting Q1 of 2021, prototypes might already exist, but they certainly will by the end of the year. As for when we might see one, it all depends on how hard Ford will continue to hide it -- and that could largely depend on the marketing strategists, and what kind of real world off road test standards Ford intends the BroncoBronco to achieve.
With what I have seen in the industry. I'm beginning to wonder If they will make the goal of Q2 2021. That being said. Yes generally speaking 10-12 month bbn of real world testing. Lots of miles in different climates. Testing in NVH chambers, weather testing chambers, etc etc. You seem knowledgeable about it all. I was hoping we would have gotten the ford contract in the facility I work in. But if we did, we would have prototype tools and early production tooling for process testing. Usually we have tooling for 10+ months before a vehicle launch. Allowing us to work out kinks and whatnot.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
With what I have seen in the industry. I'm beginning to wonder If they will make the goal of Q2 2021. That being said. Yes generally speaking 10-12 month bbn of real world testing. Lots of miles in different climates. Testing in NVH chambers, weather testing chambers, etc etc. You seem knowledgeable about it all. I was hoping we would have gotten the ford contract in the facility I work in. But if we did, we would have prototype tools and early production tooling for process testing. Usually we have tooling for 10+ months before a vehicle launch. Allowing us to work out kinks and whatnot.
I assume it will mirror the ranger. Small amounts going out in Q1 with them being actually available Q2 forward

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco will be manufactured at Michigan Assembly Plant along side the Ranger. This whole plant was overhauled last year for the north American ranger and this overhaul included provisions for the new Bronco and new Ranger, so a lot of that ground work is already laid out thankfully. (This is the plant where they used to make the focus RIP)
Sponsored