Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks

Am I missing something here.... Can't you just put in your order and if it spits out a delivery date not to your liking just pass on the purchase..... will you be able to back out with no penalty???
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the most part, just your deposit.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like that's up to your dealer.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless it's a "refundable" deposit.
I don't see most dealers doing that. That deposit is your "skin in the game." Unless you walk into the dealer to pick up your truck and it's grossly different than what you ordered, or some similar disaster that's out of your control, there's no reason for a dealer to give you back that money.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is NOT up to your dealer, other than maybe making it refundable. Build date is purely the computers calculating parts in stocks, your build, your reservation #, etc. jumbles it all up randomly and OUT SPITS THE BUILD DATE! lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see most dealers doing that. That deposit is your "skin in the game." Unless you walk into the dealer to pick up your truck and it's grossly different than what you ordered, or some similar disaster that's out of your control, there's no reason for a dealer to give you back that money.
It's the skin in the game so they don't get stuck with a built vehicle on their lot you decide you don't want.

If you cancel your order before the vehicle is built, and that allocation goes to another customer that will spend the money, I don't see why they would deny a refund on the deposit.

It sounds like you should have your delivery window before it's built.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's the skin in the game so they don't get stuck with a built vehicle on their lot you decide you don't want.

If you cancel your order before the vehicle is built, and that allocation goes to another customer that will spend the money, I don't see why they would deny a refund on the deposit.

It sounds like you should have your delivery window before it's built.
Fair enough. If you don't like your delivery date and the truck hasn't been scheduled, there's no reason for the dealer to keep that money. However, there's no requirement for them to refund it, so losing your deposit should still be considered if you want to back out.

I think Granger has stated that the deposit would be refundable. I'm sure other dealers would too but you can't assume it.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is NOT up to your dealer, other than maybe making it refundable. Build date is purely the computers calculating parts in stocks, your build, your reservation #, etc. jumbles it all up randomly and OUT SPITS THE BUILD DATE! lol
It 100% is up to your dealer.

If they ask you for a deposit at time of order and you pay then back out they can keep the deposit if that's part of your agreement.

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is why they take a deposit, no? Incase someone backs out or bails. I would try to get that in writing if I were you.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I missing something here.... Can't you just put in your order and if it spits out a delivery date not to your liking just pass on the purchase..... will you be able to back out with no penalty???
It is your responsibility to ensure that the deposit is refundable in writing when agreeing to price/terms with dealer. A crooked dealer can ask you to agree to anything, but you do not have to agree. If the terms are not fair, say no and look for a different dealer.

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the skin in the game so they don't get stuck with a built vehicle on their lot you decide you don't want.......
This is in no way meant to be an attack on you, but I love how Ford's propaganda wing already has the masses believing their dealerships will be "stuck" with anything when it comes to unsold reservation stock. This is just a way for them to get us to pony up enough money to keep us from walking. They'll mark the unsold units up ungodly amounts and they'll still fly off the lots.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I’ve heard when talking to a dealer, you can just walk away and get deposit back. If Ford ever got wind of a dealership trying to keep your deposit if you don’t end up taking the vehicle, they’d supposedly be in some shit.
That's not true.

Your dealer can ask you for a non-refundable deposit at time of order and ford can't do anything about it nor do they care.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would be nice to know delivery date before committing $$
Well that's not going to happen. In many states you aren't legally required to purchase the vehicle they have built for you. You simply pay any negative equity or loss the dealership incurs to sell the vehicle they built for you. Soooooo, about $0.00 given Bronco demand.

You should look into how the Ranger release went with reservations and how deliveries were made. That's the most recent new-product launch by Ford and was the first utilization of the system which is in place for Bronco.
Sponsored