Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great picture!! Thanks for sharing!

My wife is worried about the step in height of our Badlands. She is 5-4 and hates “climbing into” F150 on 34’s and is worried having the same issue with the Bronco (it is gonna be her daily). We have driven a Sasquatch Big Bend and sat in a Wildtrack...both were cumbersome for her to get into. I was worried a non-sas Badlands would still be too tall, but this really shows the difference!
Did either of the Bronco's you drove have the side steps? If so were they low enough for her to help?

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did either of the Bronco's you drove have the side steps? If so were they low enough for her to help?

Yes, the Wildtrack did...which made it much easier for her. The problem is the Badlands (which we ordered) comes with the rock guards, which offer no assistance in getting in. If push comes to shove looks like I will have to replace the rock guards with side steps.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Doesn't make sense though if the one is on 35" tires. Looking at the gap between the brake light and tire, I think Sas has a completely different mount which lowers the whole mount and gives more room between tire and brake light.
The camera should be a little over an inch higher. +1 from the tires and +the extra lift from Sasquatch.
The CG, non-sasquatch, has no spacer to push the spare tire rearwards.

The CO, has a spacer, shown with the green arrow, to push the larger 35" Sasquatch spare rearwards.

The blue diagonal lines show both spare tire mounts bolted to the same location on the tailgate.

The red arrows show the cutouts in the bumper that allow the 35" Sasquatch tire radius to sit lower, while still maintaining the same wheel centerbore mounting point.

Sasquatch uses a taller brake light riser bracket part number to clear the 35" tire radius.

Ford Bronco Back to Back Bronco Badlands spare tires -- 33" vs 35" height difference visual 1626609840275

Ford Bronco Back to Back Bronco Badlands spare tires -- 33" vs 35" height difference visual 1626609519022

Ford Bronco Back to Back Bronco Badlands spare tires -- 33" vs 35" height difference visual 1626610674548

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

35” are beefier, which is clear from the specs. I’m still going with 33” because it think it will be better for daily driving while still being more that sufficient off-road.

HOWEVER, the #1 factor in my decision is that I can easily upgrade to 35s. OEM rubber tends to wear out quickly and upgrading to 35s would be easy at that first replacement. By contrast, can’t upgrade to the 2.7L or 12” screen. So that’s where I’m spending my money.

even with that said, I’d spend the money if I knew the 33s would disappoint. Right now, I expect to be very happy with the blend of performance and driveability, slightly bummed at the reduction in looks.
I'm in the same boat. The 35's look great, but I have 33's and locked f&r in my current trail XJ and it easily goes anywhere I want to go with it. I don't want dents or scratches in it so don't go for the real hardcore trails in it, just like I'll do with the Bronco. One option for tires is to go with actual 33x12.50 tires, which are close to the same width as the 35's (315/70) which should look better. It's a perspective thing, the 33x12.50/15 tires on my XJ look big, the 285/70/17's on the Bronco don't look big at all.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The CG, non-sasquatch, has no spacer to push the spare tire rearwards.

The CO, has a spacer, shown with the green arrow, to push the larger 35" Sasquatch spare rearwards.

The blue diagonal lines show both spare tire mounts bolted to the same location on the tailgate.

The red arrows show the cutouts in the bumper that allow the 35" Sasquatch tire radius to sit lower, while still maintaining the same wheel centerbore mounting point.

Sasquatch uses a taller brake light riser bracket part number to clear the 35" tire radius.

Ford Bronco Back to Back Bronco Badlands spare tires -- 33" vs 35" height difference visual 1626610674548

That's all fine and well, but the fact is that the entire body, including the camera, has to be over an inch higher on Sasquatch, if the camera is mounted in the same place on every trim.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's all fine and well, but the fact is that the entire body, including the camera, has to be over an inch higher on Sasquatch, if the camera is mounted in the same place on every trim.

Yep. If they are both level, parked back to back, the squatch is taller and the camera should be taller as well.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. If they are both level, parked back to back, the squatch is taller and the camera should be taller as well.
So what's missing here? Something isn't adding up.

Sponsored

bbarnshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered and just received 4WP's 3rd brake light bracket that raises it up a couple inches. Was only $49.
I ordered the same part. Is being installed Tuesday. Will see how it works out.

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So what's missing here? Something isn't adding up.
The only other thing I can think of is the tires on the SAS are aired down to make the picture look
cool with the cameras lining up and giving us all a crazy mind game;).

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only other thing I can think of is the tires on the SAS are aired down to make the picture look
cool with the cameras lining up and giving us all a crazy mind game;).
Maybe. It sure looks like the entire body is higher but maybe that's an illusion.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great picture!! Thanks for sharing!

My wife is worried about the step in height of our Badlands. She is 5-4 and hates “climbing into” F150 on 34’s and is worried having the same issue with the Bronco (it is gonna be her daily). We have driven a Sasquatch Big Bend and sat in a Wildtrack...both were cumbersome for her to get into. I was worried a non-sas Badlands would still be too tall, but this really shows the difference!
My wife is 5-4 and complains too. I bolted a Go Rhino step onto my Jeep slider and she’s happy now. (The step can be removed for the trail.)

We drove a non-Squatch 7MT Badlands last week, and she’s already on me to add steps. Squatch would certainly require steps.

For that reason I am hoping the Go Rhino D6 kit comes out soon for a two door, so I can just keep the steps and use them on my Bronco.

RDY4ABRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 540i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alleged to be two Badlands backed up against each other and kissing cameras. Thought it was a great visual.

Source: Facebook

Ford Bronco Back to Back Bronco Badlands spare tires -- 33" vs 35" height difference visual ABF85F3E-D3A7-4BDC-9F8A-895B67AA0F89

I actually took this picture at Irwin Automotive Group in Laconia, NH this past weekend. I realize that I took this picture at a really bad angle. Sorry! :-( With this angle it appears the rear cameras are at the same height. I can assure you, they're not. I wish I had backed up a bit and lowered the camera perspective to show both tires in full. It would have really helped. I can confirm that both were Badlands and one has Sas. These Broncos are on hold for an Off-Roadeo event that is expected to take place in the area.
Sponsored