Sponsored

Back to Badlands! Changed from Wildtrak /Upgrades.. How about you?

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WhatsKraken

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally, I opted for BD, then BL, now it's Wildtrak. Everything I want upgraded comes standard on the Wildtrak and I can't imagine it would be cheaper to add those options on the lower models. At this point though, it's a waiting game until the build and price debuts. Until then, I'll keep racking my head like it seems everyone else on this thread is doing.

Last edited:

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I've settled on

Wildtrak
Carbonized Gray
Shadow Black Roof
Lux Package (may just add B&O stereo to high package if it is much cheaper)
Leather trimmed seats

Rubber floors if available

Last edited:

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, I’m at:

WildTrak
+ high ( to get 12” Screen)
+ leather
Plus rubberized floors if that becomes a reality

Depending on whether rubberized floors are available, or some other solid option for preventing soggy/soured carpet , may have to go with:

Badlands
+ 2.7
+ Squatch
+ high
+ modular hard top

* would be nice in this scenario if getting Badlands to “delete electronic swaybar”, “delete Steel bumper” and “delete reinforced bash plates, rock tails”... but pretty sure that’s not going to be allowed..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, I’m at:

WildTrak
+ high ( to get 12” Screen)
+ leather
Plus rubberized floors if that becomes a reality

Depending on whether rubberized floors are available, or some other solid option for preventing soggy/soured carpet , may have to go with:

Badlands
+ 2.7
+ Squatch
+ high
+ modular hard top

* would be nice in this scenario if getting Badlands to “delete electronic swaybar”, “delete Steel bumper” and “delete reinforced bash plates, rock tails”... but pretty sure that’s not going to be allowed..
I love the Wildtrak set-up you have. Any idea on the cost for the set-up?

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wildtrak I believe. I want to see the real interiors before ordering. I can change anything else without much trouble

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the Wildtrak set-up you have. Any idea on the cost for the set-up?
I’ll get back with you “by September” :D So many guesses posted on this one alone , but mine is somewhere below mid point of jumping to FE.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Me driving through Des Moines after getting my Bronco equipped with Ford Performance® Bowling alley bumpers.

FAE8E9ED-413C-40C1-9A29-E7D2C1D71EF0.gif
Lol, being that I live just outside of Des Moines and drive to work there everyday I had to laugh at that one. You might see that now if Covid hadn’t cancelled the state fair. There is usually one guy that gets hammered enough on “East Side Night” to take his rig down the wrong lane in the road.

Those from Iowa that know anything about the Fair & East Side Night would likely agree with my comment.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My selection depends on if I can get marine vinyl and rubberized floors on the wildtrak. If yes, I will switch my original order from Badlands, if not I will stick with badlands.

Either trim level will be loaded with options. Cactus G/ white roof with white marine vinyl interior if it is an option.

I am not concerned about cost, just availability. I want,... what I want...how I want it..... I sound like a petulant child but really I am just old. I like many here have worked my arse off. Saved my coins and don’t want to settle. Too old for that.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wildtrak keeps growing on me. A BD with mid, hard top, 2.7, Sasquatch will probably be within $1,000 of Wildtrak.
B&P needs be be available soon. I have a feeling with some options, most models will end up being $55k or more.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wildtrak keeps growing on me. A BD with mid, hard top, 2.7, Sasquatch will probably be within $1,000 of Wildtrak.
B&P needs be be available soon. I have a feeling with some options, most models will end up being $55k or more.
agreed. At $51k for 4 door wildtrak, the remaining options are very expensive if you bridge the cost to the FE. Hoping some of the high and lux package features are a la carte.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATED:
Well. After reading a few comments and recommendations for the forums (Very helpful), I think I might be leaning towards the Wildtrak now. Honestly, I will never rock climb but love to go fast off-road. Thanks for the feedback. Now my question is.. if you had to decide between getting the high pac. Vs. leather seats .. which one would you do? If I go with wildtrak.. Thanks!

Posted earlier:

Two weeks and I have not changed my trim selction. lol
Here is what I am set-on:
Badlands / 2 door / A. BLue
Upgrades:
1. 2.7 L
2. 10 Auto
3. Black M. roof
4. Med Pac.
for sure.. Est. Cost — $ 49,000-52,000
Wold be nice..
Upgrade To Hight - Under $ 54,000

WHY?
1. Love the wheels on the 33” All-T Tires — No need for 35”
2. Interior (Chairs/floors) -— No need for leather
3. Hard nose looking Exterior! (No Mall C. Here) - Steel is much better then plastic!!!

What do you guys think??
Well, I see you are in Miami so I would based whether to get leather on how much you plan to drive with the top off. I think the leather won’t hold up as nicely as the cloth. Plus itll be hot. So I’d go with high pack

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4dr Black diamond
- sqatch
- Hard top
- Mid pack

or

4dr Badlands
- 2.3 w/ MT or 2.7 w/ auto
- Hard top
- Mid Pack

Depending on the price, I might add the high package because that 12" screen looks better than the 8". Ultimately it's gonna come down to options pricing. I really want a MT but I also really would prefer the 2.7 over the 2.3. It's got more power and from the little bit I've learned so far, it just sounds to have been made, in a more durable manner and that makes me think that in the long run, it'll have better resale value if I go that route. If I squatch, I'm forced into the auto so I'll go 2.7 for sure but if I don't squatch, I've got one more decision to figure out. Why can't they just give me the 2.7 and squatch with the MT!
I know it seems like the badlands is the popular choice, but really over the black diamond it doesnt seem worth the extra money, unless money is no object or you are at pro level off-roading already. BD with squatch and engine

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it seems like the badlands is the popular choice, but really over the black diamond it doesnt seem worth the extra money, unless money is no object or you are at pro level off-roading already. BD with squatch and engine
That's why it's going to come to down options pricing for me. If the BD with those options ends up within about $1k of the BL with those options, I'll probably end up with the BL. We'll see though. I'm open to anything until I'm able to price stuff out with B&P. Hurry up with that B&P Ford!!!
Sponsored