First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my 2door Badlands Sasquatch with the lux pkg in oxford white last Monday. This makes my 7th Bronco, 5 boxes a 71 and a 76 that I would love to have back, and an 84. I said adios to Ford about 25 years ago after being a die hard Ford guy. I swore I would never get another one. When Jeep introduced the gladiator I was set to pull the trigger but was not going to pay 4-7 k over msrp. I seriously considered ordering one, but the 3.6 just didn't thrill me, having one in a 14 rubicon 2dr and my wife's GC. The best thing about the 3.6 was the improvement over the 3.8. Lol.

When Ford announced the Bronco return it peaked my interest. Dreams of a 5.0 coyote in a offroad package where quickly diminished. I wanted to drive the 2.7 but they were few and far between and north of 70k. So I ordered one. Fast forward 14 months and it arrived.

My initial thoughts:
1. Night and day ride quality above my Rubicon.
2. The spaghetti under the hood could be cleaned up.
3. For the price, power seats would be nice for long trips (10-15 years ago everything was topless, I/we now like coolness and comfort).
4. I wish it had a chimer when another vehicle was next to me with my signal on.
5. With the 10 speed, I was really surprised that even with the 4.7 gears at 80 the rpms were 2200.
6. Love the torque
7. Love the turbos
8. Love that everything is electronic
9. Hate that everything is electronic.
10. Living on the coast, love the aluminum.

As I get more familiar with it, I am sure there will be some head scratching.

In the end I am fortunate enough for it not to be a daily driver and will be used for our fun days.

I am looking forward to the offroadeo, then hitting spots.

Salt
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from a ;19 JLUR, I agree with everything OP said.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Salt Shaker

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only real gripe would be not having an owners manual. Maybe it is the way of the future, 10 miles from the house I am off the grid and often run 50 plus miles that way. It sure is nice to have the reference in the glove box.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only real gripe would be not having an owners manual. Maybe it is the way of the future, 10 miles from the house I am off the grid and often run 50 plus miles that way. It sure is nice to have the reference in the glove box.
I agree paper would be nice, but the electronic manual in the screen is stored on the vehicle, so no need for internet or anything

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

isnt that everything except the rear fenders?
Yep, just confirming your statement.

None of the tub is aluminum though.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree paper would be nice, but the electronic manual in the screen is stored on the vehicle, so no need for internet or anything
But that's just a guide to how speed control and your wipers work, not the actual owner's manual.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not only that, but you can search and go right to what you want. No looking through the index for what you "think" the term should be. In my F150, it also handles some checklists, and stuff like that.

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can always print out the owners manuel?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's what I did so I always have it. I thought the app had it, but it's not stored locally so you're SOL without a cell signal.
Sponsored