Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,
Wanted to share my email and resolve to get back to where I started....at the end of the line.

begin copy to dealer:

Trust you are well.
I am interested in a simple adjustment to my order. Sorry to be a bother.

Even though I tried to speed up my build by accepting the 'soft top only' option:
I am now convinced- I will not see my Bronco until late '22 (or after) regardless.
So from my simple perspective, essentially there is no incentive for me to not change back to my original hard top preferred choice.
Please switch my order detail back to a 'white painted top and soft top combo' (which is really what I wanted anyway).
No other change, so I insure my place in line and preserve my original order confirmation number.

If I see it built/delivered in '22, great.
If I do not see it until '23, so let it be.
I believe this will effectively turn my order into a status 'code 99',
and I will have to wait in line for what I really want.
Can you email the new updated order printout or should I schedule a visit??
I will now wait for your confirmation and update of my order change.
I would be happy to visit in person if best, and stop by to sign off the request?

Always respectfully, and sometimes patient,
end copy to dealer

Any thoughts and opinions out there in the wild?
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didn't know we could even submit a real order with the white top. I thought you had to sit on your reservation without ordering. I guess you learn something new every day here.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds good, do what is best for you....

And place some faith in Ford to actually deliver on the dual/painted top combo at some point in the future

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds good, do what is best for you....

And place some faith in Ford to actually deliver on the dual/painted top combo at some point in the future
Exactly, no sense not getting what you want despite the wait.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe that is what I am going to do as well because even though it was never announced I really wanted a body color top.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all,
Wanted to share my email and resolve to get back to where I started....at the end of the line.

begin copy to dealer:

Trust you are well.

Even though I tried to speed up my build by accepting the 'soft top only' option:
I am now convinced- I will not see my Bronco until late '22 (or after) regardless.
So from my simple perspective, essentially there is no incentive for me to not change back to my original hard top preferred choice.
Please switch my order detail back to a 'white painted top and soft top combo' (which is really what I wanted anyway).
No other change, so I insure my place in line and preserve my original order confirmation number.

I would be happy to visit in person if best, and stop by to sign off the request?

end copy to dealer

I would follow this order process closely for your build. I was talking to my dealer on Tuesday and we were talking about this very thing. According to him, having a painted top or mod top in your order right now classifies it as "unbuildable". Ford told him to make the order "buildable" (i.e change the painted top to a soft top), enter a comment stating the build is waiting for a painted top, get the Ford rep to code it 99. Then next year remove the soft top, add the painted top back and have the Ford rep code it as retail (19).
I may not have the steps exactly right but my dealer admitted it is a lot of manual steps and opportunities for fu's.

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would follow this order process closely for your build. I was talking to my dealer on Tuesday and we were talking about this very thing. According to him, having a painted top or mod top in your order right now classifies it as "unbuildable". Ford told him to make the order "buildable" (i.e change the painted top to a soft top), enter a comment stating the build is waiting for a painted top, get the Ford rep to code it 99. Then next year remove the soft top, add the painted top back and have the Ford rep code it as retail (19).
I may not have the steps exactly right but my dealer admitted it is a lot of manual steps and opportunities for fu's.
Yep! It will be interesting. I admit I am poking the beast a little, hoping to learn more by asking dumb questions than by being a typical abusive consumer....Always have....too late to change now. I am who I iz.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always get a Vehicle Order Confirmation and DORA once you make a change...

As much as I can’t stand people changing their orders every other week, I do understand an adjustment once you’ve physically seen a Bronco or a specific colour.

But get that VOC/DORA to ensure the dealership properly transmitted your order request.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all,

begin copy to dealer:

Trust you are well.

end copy to dealer

What's your reservation date?

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's your reservation date?

I never really did date well.....but been happily married to a good and caring wife for over 40 years. Guess that dates me and her both?
My Ford Bronco reservation date was 12/31/20...website assigned me 1/1/21 and the order date was 1/28/21

Last edited:
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:
My order is now a code 99.
My dealer and salesman responsive and helpful.
Positive shout out to Kendall Ford in Oregon!

begin dealer response:

I heard back from my inventory manager just now about changing your Bronco order. He says that there isn't the option for any of the hard tops right now and it's only the soft top. So he moved your order into priority code 99, meaning it won't be built this year. And when Ford opens up the hard top options, we can adjust it at that time. That won't be until 2022 however is what he said.

end dealer response

Gotta admit, the view from the back of the line is rather sobering.

Please those of you that have your Broncos -ENJOY the ride and get 'em dirty... and know, many of us will be living vicariously thru the images you post on this Forum.
See all ya 'all in '23?