2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ve done the San Juans 3x in the last year, even got the wife comfortable wheeling her own grand cherokee. It’ll be replaced with her bronco. Can’t beat setting up camp in epic spots and then hitting several trails. We’re big into dispersed camping away from others...the more difficult it is to get to the spot, the better the view.

30AAE772-E4AA-441B-BDBD-3E07EE252066.jpeg

C683A2DD-FEA7-4053-9812-FD4883CFBEBF.jpeg

3A3319F3-0380-41AB-B09C-94C5CEA4557B.jpeg

C643442B-5E42-441C-8A74-2469086CC002.jpeg

F8AF6CED-D9E9-4420-AC15-FDB4626C60FC.jpeg

A342EB57-394F-4EEC-B0D7-B47D57DD9616.jpeg
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ve done the San Juans 3x in the last year, even got the wife comfortable wheeling her own grand cherokee. It’ll be replaced with her bronco. Can’t beat setting up camp in epic spots and then hitting several trails. We’re big into dispersed camping away from others...the more difficult it is to get to the spot, the better the view.

Ford Bronco Backcountry Trails in Colorado A342EB57-394F-4EEC-B0D7-B47D57DD9616

You have a great setup! I just started researching dispersed camping because it was almost impossible to book a campsite this year and for the camping we did do, it was a zoo. That will probably settle down after the pandemic but I still like the idea of true serenity and fully taking in the outdoors (which is impossible when neighboring campers are partying past midnight).

Do you camp at that small mountain lake in the last image? That looks beautiful. We have blowup kayaks and love paddling around. If it's a secret spot for you, I understand, but if you are open to sharing it via PM, I'd be forever grateful. :D

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Live in CO, do yourself a favor and pick up this book off amazon.

C1D6FC0A-DA66-4611-BCD2-41CF4996A92B.png
Couldn't recommend this book more highly. I just ordered another copy as I had lent one to a friend and never gotten it back. There's also another one just for Northern Colorado (considered anything north of I-70).

Chris

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a great setup! I just started researching dispersed camping because it was almost impossible to book a campsite this year and for the camping we did do, it was a zoo. That will probably settle down after the pandemic but I still like the idea of true serenity and fully taking in the outdoors (which is impossible when neighboring campers are partying past midnight).

Do you camp at that small mountain lake in the last image? That looks beautiful. We have blowup kayaks and love paddling around. If it's a secret spot for you, I understand, but if you are open to sharing it via PM, I'd be forever grateful. :D
Yeah, wife & I are not into crowds at all, so no formal campgrounds for us.

Yes, camped at the small lake (hidden gem) spot in the last pic. Found it using aerial satellite maps while I was on a trail wondering around. Thankfully with our camper, as long as the tow vehicle can make it, the camper will too. That was July 4th week last summer.

I'll PM you the info and a few other lakes I know of that you can google and you'll find some pics & videos of.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't recommend this book more highly. I just ordered another copy as I had lent one to a friend and never gotten it back. There's also another one just for Northern Colorado (considered anything north of I-70).

Chris
I haven't picked up the northern one yet, but do have this southern CO one, Moab & AZ versions.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome! Thanks for starting this thread. I've created a new bookmarks folder for trails and overlanding trips I plan on taking in my bronco.
Can we do Utah as well?? ??
P.S. I most interested in trails that have dispersed camping on them, not just trails for play.

Sponsored

SCHNNIC

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imogene was a beautiful trail. Usually done along with Black Bear in the other direction. Black Bear can only be taken towards Telluride not the other direction. If you don't choose to come back over a pass the highway route is a couple of hours I think.

Both have some shelf roads that can be scary if anyone along doesn't like heights. Black Bear is worse (or better) in that regard. I haven't put together a video of Imogene yet but I will put it in the trails section when I do. I posted about Black Bear Pass there if that is of interest to you. I put a couple of other Colorado trails in that section also. Hoping we can get a lot of members to post about trails there.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-bear-pass-ouray-colorado-area.6051/
Imogene was a beautiful trail. Usually done along with Black Bear in the other direction. Black Bear can only be taken towards Telluride not the other direction. If you don't choose to come back over a pass the highway route is a couple of hours I think.

Both have some shelf roads that can be scary if anyone along doesn't like heights. Black Bear is worse (or better) in that regard. I haven't put together a video of Imogene yet but I will put it in the trails section when I do. I posted about Black Bear Pass there if that is of interest to you. I put a couple of other Colorado trails in that section also. Hoping we can get a lot of members to post about trails there.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-bear-pass-ouray-colorado-area.6051/
Do these trails require sasquatch package? Or will standard tires work?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do these trails require sasquatch package? Or will standard tires work?
Standard tires will get you over these trails quite easily. They are not technical. Beautiful though.