Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not very familiar with off-roading and trails so I'm starting to do some research and put together a must-do list. I’m probably not the best person to start this thread but I’m bored waiting for B&P and killing time. :LOL:

I started doing some research and found this article on uncovercolorado.com: 14 Unbeatable 4×4 Jeep Bronco Trails in Colorado (fixed a typo in advance, hehe).

I'll be honest... I'm not looking to do anything too crazy for the first couple of years but I'd really like to take my family on some fun trails and get to some ghost towns and other places that you couldn't see with most vehicles. Looking through the list in this article (and a few other sites I read through), these are on the top of my list:
  • Central City/Saint Mary’s Glacier – this looks cool because it appears to have a nice variety of trails by difficulty, good views and it’s not far from where I live
  • Mount Baldy - https://funtreks.com/off-road-trails/mt-baldy/ not too challenging and not too far from home
  • San Juan Mountains – Looks like A LOT of places to explore in this area… Imogene Pass and Lizard Head Pass look amazing! Further for me to get to but I can’t wait to spend a week at a time in this area exploring.
Share your favorites (and if you don’t want to give them away, feel free to PM them to me and I'll keep them secret). :D
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been to St. Mary’s glacier when I was like 18 with my buddy that had a Wrangler. One of the best campsites I’ve ever been at, we had deers walking through the field next to us. We had to 4X4 up a long, rocky path to get there and you cannot access it without that type of vehicle. Looking forward to that opportunity again! One my best memories of my life is 8 people hanging off a jeep with music blaring riding up a path bouncing all over. ?

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not very familiar with off-roading and trails so I'm starting to do some research and put together a must-do list. I’m probably not the best person to start this thread but I’m bored waiting for B&P and killing time. :LOL:

I started doing some research and found this article on uncovercolorado.com: 14 Unbeatable 4×4 Jeep Bronco Trails in Colorado (fixed a typo in advance, hehe).

I'll be honest... I'm not looking to do anything too crazy for the first couple of years but I'd really like to take my family on some fun trails and get to some ghost towns and other places that you couldn't see with most vehicles. Looking through the list in this article (and a few other sites I read through), these are on the top of my list:
  • Central City/Saint Mary’s Glacier – this looks cool because it appears to have a nice variety of trails by difficulty, good views and it’s not far from where I live
  • Mount Baldy - https://funtreks.com/off-road-trails/mt-baldy/ not too challenging and not too far from home
  • San Juan Mountains – Looks like A LOT of places to explore in this area… Imogene Pass and Lizard Head Pass look amazing! Further for me to get to but I can’t wait to spend a week at a time in this area exploring.
Share your favorites (and if you don’t want to give them away, feel free to PM them to me and I'll keep them secret). :D
Haven't done a lot in Colorado but we just came back from the San Juans and up in Breckenridge. The San Juans are freaking amazing. Definitely put some of those trials on your list.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imogene Pass and Lizard Head Pass look amazing! Further for me to get to but I can’t wait to spend a week at a time in this area exploring.
Imogene was a beautiful trail. Usually done along with Black Bear in the other direction. Black Bear can only be taken towards Telluride not the other direction. If you don't choose to come back over a pass the highway route is a couple of hours I think.

Both have some shelf roads that can be scary if anyone along doesn't like heights. Black Bear is worse (or better) in that regard. I haven't put together a video of Imogene yet but I will put it in the trails section when I do. I posted about Black Bear Pass there if that is of interest to you. I put a couple of other Colorado trails in that section also. Hoping we can get a lot of members to post about trails there.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/black-bear-pass-ouray-colorado-area.6051/

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Closer to the Front Range

Kingston peak
Caribou Creek
Argentine pass/Mt McClellan
Cascade Creek
Miller Rock
Pickle Gulch
Middle Saint Vrain/Coney Flats

Down South

Medano Pass
Eagle Rock
Hackett/Metbury Gulches (hopefully they stay open, legal battle going on)
The Rampart trail System

Buena Vista

The Fourmile trail system
Tincup Pass
The Alpine Tunnel Trail east/west vis Hancock Pass (Hancock requires the OHV pass)
Chinaman Gulch

West
ANYTHING in Ouray
Deer Creek/Saints John
Santa Fe Peak
Red Cone
Webster Pass

Some of these are easier, some harder. They're all amazing in their own way.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you want to get into multi day trips, I just did the Kokopelli trail a few weeks ago. It was amazing. It starts west of Grand Junction and finishes in Moab. Minimum two day trip. Could easily be extended to 3 if you want to take it easy/explore some of the side trails.

Rose Garden Hill is the only section that is red rated and it can be bypassed. I actually prefer the bypass. We got on 128 for about 8 miles and then drove up Onion Creek to catch the trail again at the bottom of the hill. Onion Creek is easy and stunningly beautiful. We would have missed out on it if we had banged our way down Rose Garden.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jealous of you folks in the West. Very limited, if there are any, to trails in PA or NY. Most likely need to go to VT. Looks like you’ll be compiling a good list of trails though!

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rimrocker is a easy/moderate trail that runs from Montrose to south of Moab. It can be done in one extremely long day but most split it into two.

OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoot, I didn't realize there was a trails subforum on the site. Mods can move this if it should be there instead. Either way, I'm taking notes on all the suggestions!

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jealous of you folks in the West. Very limited, if there are any, to trails in PA or NY. Most likely need to go to VT. Looks like you’ll be compiling a good list of trails though!
I never would have gotten into 4 wheeling if I hadn't moved to Colorado from NY. What do I need a lifted truck for if all the "off pavement" trails are graded fire roads? A Subaru could make quick work of most any off-roading in NY.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never would have gotten into 4 wheeling if I hadn't moved to Colorado from NY. What do I need a lifted truck for if all the "off pavement" trails are graded fire roads? A Subaru could make quick work of most any off-roading in NY.
Completely agree. There are some gravel and dirt trails in the Adirondacks. That’s it. So I’ll get to know Bronco in the woods on PA or VT before heading west to you guys

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In SW Colorado, Imogene Pass is my favorite one, followed by Black Bear Pass, and then Ophir Pass. There are many places with absolutely stunning scenery, abandoned mines, snow melt rivers etc. Take your time on the trail. and look at the weather forecast before you leave. I like to head out before 9 A. M. to avoid the common, and unpredictable, early afternoon thunderstorm.

I highly suggest a day at Alta Lakes (an Alpine Lake) with an altitude of 11,300 feet. You can camp, fish, hike, do some paddle boarding, and kayaking. There is a ghost town on the way to Alta Lakes. If is a very easy trail (forest road).

There are also many hiking, and biking trails in, or near Telluride. You should spend at least a couple of days exploring the area. Good luck.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Live in CO, do yourself a favor and pick up this book off amazon.

C1D6FC0A-DA66-4611-BCD2-41CF4996A92B.png

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan on doing Mt. Antero. Good rockhounding up there.
Sponsored