SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a flaky Aux6 switch that comes on by itself and exhibits electrical short behavior. Bronco has been at the dealership for a week while a new upfitter switch came in, which didn't resolve. Got the call today that the battery junction box is fried and they have ordered that part which is due in a week. They advised me to not drive it as other problems could develop. They have already tried to blame the issue on me, so that's neat.

So if your Aux switch is doing this when the vehicle is off then come share a drink with me in the box of misery.
Ford Bronco Bad Aux switch escalates to don't drive Bronco PXL_20211108_180736672-low
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

check to make sure the battery junction box bolts are secure,have seen all kinds of issues with this at a dealer level.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What could they possibly think you did, that wouldn't be protected by fuses?

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How could they blame you? Did you have anything wired to aux 6?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an issue with this after looking at the diagram. If 6 is jackie, 5 should be too since they are tied together for power from the accessory delay relay. When the switch is flipped on it sends power to the violet and orange wire going to the relay and through the led. The other side of the led goes to ground.

What is wired up and on which switches?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where does one obtain a wiring diagram?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where does one obtain a wiring diagram?
You can buy the owner's manual, wiring diagram book, and service manual DVD here at Helm. Rumor has it you can also get a 48-hour pass to Ford's online service site for $25 and go crazy printing things to PDF but the book is the easy route.

I have an issue with this after looking at the diagram. If 6 is jackie, 5 should be too since they are tied together for power from the accessory delay relay. When the switch is flipped on it sends power to the violet and orange wire going to the relay and through the led. The other side of the led goes to ground.

Yeah, this one is funky. Did you notice the 1-5 lights flickered when he turned on 6? It looks like that would almost have to be an issue at the switch panel itself since each switch physically makes the contact to its respective LED.

OP
OP
IDyeti

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering that too since I heard 5 and 6 are tied together, seems like a relay issue but yeah as you pointed out 5 should be wonky. 5 has my garage door opener on it and works great. I had it on 6 initially until my garage door started going up and down randomly through the night. When I wired the garage door up to 6 initially it was amber in the off position so this was like this before I did any wiring. Should have stopped then and taken it in, *hindsight.

Yeah, this one is funky. Did you notice the 1-5 lights flickered when he turned on 6? It looks like that would almost have to be an issue at the switch panel itself since each switch physically makes the contact to its respective LED.
That was mine and the dealer's thought but replaced that already.

I've also reset the vehicle by pulling the negative batt terminal. And tightened everything down in the fuse box.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad Aux switch escalates to don't drive Bronco 1645558956756

If the internal relay took a dump the YE/OG wire is likely powered up. If not the short is inside the relay which is non-serviceable. What happens if you pull the F65 fuse?

OP
OP
IDyeti

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad Aux switch escalates to don't drive Bronco 1645558956756

If the internal relay took a dump the YE/OG wire is likely powered up. If not the short is inside the relay which is non-serviceable. What happens if you pull the F65 fuse?
F65 is the Aux6 fuse, right? If I recall correctly when I pulled that aux 6 stayed lit in the off position. Don't have the vehicle right now to confirm/contest my memory though. But I remember going WTF and deciding a trip the dealer would be a good idea after that diagnostic session.
Ford Bronco Bad Aux switch escalates to don't drive Bronco 1645559736101

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. So that eliminates the possibility of power back feeding on the load side of the relay. Basically, there's an internal short to power on the low side of the relay back feeding to the switch or the switch is bad and they didn't put the other switch on since that's the only other place power can get to the LED. Since I don't know how your remote is wired in, it would be hard to prove you caused the internal relay to take a dump. Although it says non-serviceable, we've taken others apart and fixed stuff (out of warranty of course) like connection/terminal issues. The relay is probably soldered to the board but that hardly means it can't be replaced. Hope they cover it for you or at least figure out if the garage door wiring caused it so it doesn't happen again.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a flaky Aux6 switch that comes on by itself and exhibits electrical short behavior. Bronco has been at the dealership for a week while a new upfitter switch came in, which didn't resolve. Got the call today that the battery junction box is fried and they have ordered that part which is due in a week. They advised me to not drive it as other problems could develop. They have already tried to blame the issue on me, so that's neat.

So if your Aux switch is doing this when the vehicle is off then come share a drink with me in the box of misery.
Ford Bronco Bad Aux switch escalates to don't drive Bronco 1645559736101
Oh nooo...
Sponsored