First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you/we even sure this is a 2.0 top (maybe it was supposed to be). It appears the edges are not "pinched" or sealed together as the 2.0 is reported to be and others have shown us. Maybe a possibility???? But PLEASE.....REPORT THIS TO YOUR DEALER AND TO FORD CORPORATE IMMEDIATELY. If this is an issue, unfortunately.....this needs to be corrected and damn, I hope not, but more delays possible???? I am hoping you have a 1.0 that slipped through. Ford will make it right for you.
Ford hasn't even delivered some of the Broncos built in June... June! GTFO.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I love most about this thread is the rush to blame the customer for a variety of things...

It's fine... Ford's gonna make it all sunshine and roses... LMFAO.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh. My daughter switched to the soft top and her BL is on the way. I may have to do the same, but I really do not care for the appearance of the saggy soft top.

The team at Ford is running out of time. They are pushing me back to option #2, a Porsche Cayman and then I'll just wait for the new Toyota 4Runner launch. Ford needs to very quickly and transparently fix this quality/design issue. I don't know - it may be time to head for exit and go order option #2.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh. My daughter switched to the soft top and her BL is on the way. I may have to do the same, but I really do not care for the appearance of the saggy soft top.

The team at Ford is running out of time. They are pushing me back to option #2, a Porsche Cayman and then I'll just wait for the new Toyota 4Runner launch. Ford needs to very quickly and transparently fix this quality/design issue. I don't know - it may be time to head for exit and go order option #2.
I agree - they need to squeeze Webasto or find a new supplier.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who cares, I'd be happy to get a hardtop built before the end of winter with those problems. Warranty will take care of it eventually.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20211014_143242
My mic 2.0 also has open edges and I noticed a faint pattern / honeycombing on the top. I do have the full extended warranty from Ford for 6 years. I'm not thrilled about it but I'll wait and see how it plays out for now.

I have this picture from the day in picked it up. No pictures of the honeycombing.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes 0 sense!

Soft top is standard. You must be young enough to have been schooled in common core math. Select a MIC is +$695. Add a Trektop soft top and the price goes up $2480. That includes the $695 MIC. So you are still spending $695 for the MIC because you can buy TrekTop slant back soft top direct from Bestop for less than $1800 right now and they will be shipping shortly.
Iā€™m way too old for common core. One question- if you were to buy the mic top itself today, do you think youā€™re getting it for $695? No- itā€™ll be well over $3k. The $695 is the difference in price between the soft top and mic top when you build the vehicle. Itā€™s not hard to understand. Get your slide rule out,
Of course if these issues continue the mic top wonā€™t be worth even $695.

Last edited:

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like Ford used MIC top 1.5, not 2.0. Thats if the MIC top 2.0 exits. The pics taken from the grassy knoll at Dirt Mtn showed piles of panels being trashed, didn't see any rear cabin tops. Ford replaced the panels with the defective sound deadening and short term repairs to clear the backlog of trucks built before that Michigan winter sets in. Has anyone been offered an extended warranty for the trucks sitting outside in the elements for so long? No, we got posters and hammocks. I still cannot believe that any credible news organization has not pick up and reported on the MIC problems, stealerships, airbags, tie wrap tricks, and allocation debacle Ford Motor Co. created. Forgot to mention to flip a coin to see if you sink a valve. Lets stick it to them!

Deleted member 12876

I took delivery of my Bronco (Badlands, Sasquatch, Hardtop) on 10/14. I too at delivery was not convinced I got a good top. I had my dealer mark it on the due bill as ā€œhardtop unfinished edgesā€.
The top I saw at the dealership yesterday had the unfinished cut edges with slightly frayed from the cut edge.

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

think we could all just shut up about it until they release the remaining prisoners please!!!!

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm really not sure what everyone was expecting. Whether it took Ford/Webasto 3 weeks or 3 months to "re-tool" they were not changing the design of the MIC top.

Once I saw it was cardboard sprayed with plastic I immediately changed my order to a soft top.

Cardboard. Sprayed. With. Plastic.

That's the MIC top. Spraying more plastic and applying more pressure to the seams doesn't change the fact at its core - the MIC top is cardboard.

Any money that went into the Bronco was in the aesthetic design and the off road capabilities (and we've seen corners cut there).

I had previously test drove a Badlands and the awe of being in a Bronco had me largely wash over any of its shortcomings. After months of stewing over every post on here about Broncos. I recently went in and test drove a Maverick and then sat in the same Badlands I drove a few months ago.

Compared to a $23,500 trucklet built by the same damn company - the Bronco has shit build quality and there is simply no other way to put it. The Maverick is unapologetic where it makes concessions where as the Bronco wants you to feel like it has durability and not hollow plastic. Even the Maverick's interior quality would be a significant step up from the Broncos.

The window snag/bouncing is real. The interiors of both demos had scratches all on them. I noticed numerous paint chips all on the front of it.

This DOESN'T mean I don't still love the Bronco. I ordered my MavBrid but spent most of the hour and fifteen minutes I was back in the dealership talking about the Broncos with the salesman and manager and about the hope of my MY22 arriving.

I just think we need to be real with ourselves. This is a profit vehicle for Ford so there are going to be corners cut. It's also a new vehicle for Ford so we're going to deal with quite a few growing pains the 2025 refresh will not deal with. We're buying an off road rig that is loud and is going to be creeky and noisy. It's still awesome. Really awesome.

But don't be disappointed when your cardboard top starts to fail. It's fucking cardboard.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the next "fix" from Ford. Not being serious. However,at this point you never know.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635332349406

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully, this is just initial screwups and had already been resolved. I think if this was very widespread we would have heard much more by now.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The issue is it didnt come that way.. the edge is delaminating. I dont think itll go much further in my case because I live in a dry climate. People with freeze/thaw cycles may be in for an issue. Maybe not.

With that said, I would also still take delivery.. Excellent vehicle otherwise. It'll take a few years before serious problems develop IMO, and Ford has time to figure it out.
The freeze and that cycles are definitely what I'm concerned about.

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok how about soft tops for the 2 drs (y)
I think this is going to be the short term solution. Heavily discounted until they sort this cluster out. 2 Door dual tops once finally resolved would be sweet.šŸ˜Ž
Sponsored