Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure it can’t????? It falls apart after rain and cold/hot weather apparently.

Before everyone on this forum has a conniption and goes off the deep end about the MIC 2.0 tops, I think we need to recognize the potential that it isn't 100% of the tops that have an issue. I personally don't know what % does have an issue, and neither does anyone else, but I CAN tell you that mine is perfectly fine. It was built on 6/28 and the final build date with the MIC 2.0 was 9/29. I have had it for over a week now and it has gone through 4 days of heavy rainfall and two frosts. Looks OK to me and I don't see any edges that are cracking, shedding, or any discernible patterns in the final coat. My point is, let's not assume ALL Mic 2.0 tops have an issue until there is evidence to confirm that.

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg
Sponsored

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the bar has been moved now? We can’t expect decent quality in a $40-62k vehicle? The top on my gladiator is 100% problem free- and it’s painted. I’m a huge fan of the bronco (that’s why I’ve ordered one), but I’m not going to move the bar on basic quality just because it’s a cool vehicle.
I rather have roof problem then owing a jeep..... lol 😁😁😁

At the speed the bronco 2 door get out of the production line it a disaster..... they need to offer soft top for the 2 door and please the early reservation holder......

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the F are so many on board for the MIC in the first place? It's the ugliest family truckster top I've seen. At least Jeep puts rain gutters on theirs. I can maybe understand the MOD top but no way the MIC. A roto-molded plastic top would be far superior. To top it off you are paying an extra $695 for that and waiting who knows how long! But I live in snow country!?
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days IMG_0001

Everyone say no to the Ford Flex top and hopefully Ford puts it in the trash bin and redesigns it from the frame up!
A roto mold COOLER costs $695 lol
A whole hard top....? 🤷🏻

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in the north east, rain, snow, ice and humidity 80% of the year. Believe me when I say there isn’t any seal tape or sealant that will last a winter out here. You should know that living in PA
I decorate my brick house every year with Christmas lights up the corners attached usually with duck tape, I tried Gorilla brand but it is too thick and does not stick to the bricks as well, but two years ago I tried Flex Seal brand tape and I have yet to be able to remove all the tape from the house - it blends in and makes a good attachment point for the new tape going up before Thanksgiving.

TroutBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before everyone on this forum has a conniption and goes off the deep end about the MIC 2.0 tops, I think we need to recognize the potential that it isn't 100% of the tops that have an issue. I personally don't know what % does have an issue, and neither does anyone else, but I CAN tell you that mine is perfectly fine. It was built on 6/28 and the final build date with the MIC 2.0 was 9/29. I have had it for over a week now and it has gone through 4 days of heavy rainfall and two frosts. Looks OK to me and I don't see any edges that are cracking, shedding, or any discernible patterns in the final coat. My point is, let's not assume ALL Mic 2.0 tops have an issue until there is evidence to confirm that.

Does your 2nd pic show some delamination up high?

Sponsored

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You get the award for the dumbest post I have ever read online in my life. It’s a roof, all vehicles have them and they are required to not leak or disintegrate. That’s not inclusive of 100K vehicles.

If you are mall crawler maybe you need perfection for the cosmetic... .

I plan to be on the trail most of the time ..

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the bar has been moved now? We can’t expect decent quality in a $40-62k vehicle? The top on my gladiator is 100% problem free- and it’s painted. I’m a huge fan of the bronco (that’s why I’ve ordered one), but I’m not going to move the bar on basic quality just because it’s a cool vehicle.
Yep my gladiator top is beautiful too. Great quality.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is already sending out new tops to the 1.0 crowd.... A few, bad 2.0's get loose and everyone looses their shit.
You'll get a free, brand new top, guaranteed

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does your 2nd pic show some delamination up high?
I can't tell for sure but you can definitely see the compressed cardboard in the pic. Probably only a matter of time when there are unfinished edges like that.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may get blamed for toxic positivity here, but the truck is fantasitco. I saw one in the wild yesterday - and it was spectacular. If you want $100,000 perfection in your $50,000 rig - buy something else. Chant with me: Cancel It. Cancel It. Cancel It.

Someone else will be right behind you ready to pay $10,000 over sticker for what you walked away from.
What truck? You spotted one? ;)

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635340974189

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are mall crawler maybe you need perfection for the cosmetic... .

I plan to be on the trail most of the time ..
Hey look at that! A quality top and a trail! You don’t have to have one or the other! Btw that was the dumbest rebuttal I’ve ever seen.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 59C864B7-94D2-4297-A3F1-6491035F2631

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Joey.calc

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yikes! Just converted my reservation to a '22 order last Saturday... 4-door Black Diamond with MIC hard top. Figured the revision to the tops, while it may take a while to get my order built, would have resolved the cosmetic and functionality issues as well as the "clicking" and rattling shown in most reviews with the hard top. Not very optimistic that my MIC 2.0 will be better now... SMH

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m thinking some 1.0 panel’s got mixed in with the 2.0 panel’s are all of theses Dirt Mt. rigs?
Sponsored