Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

someone from the aftermarket sector reallllllllly needs to take this opportunity to capitalize and sell a gazillion of their own
As mentioned earlier in thread....they are and believe they will(make a gazillion). I imagine they don't see this latest discovery as bad news.

https://www.advfiberglass.com
Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it is but Jeep isn't having this problem with their hard top supplier (Quadratec?) are they? Maybe Ford should take a page outta their book.
Holy crap this thread blew up...i was thinking the same thing. Ford has had time to inspect Jeep's builds for ideas, quality, etc. Lord, I donā€™t want a soft top.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have more chance to get scratch at my mall then you on the trail....lolšŸ˜
Well, seeing as you donā€™t have a Bronco I find that hard to believe.

Last edited:

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
been banned for life from twitter about 5 times already... can't even use my phone for twitter (they know they ip address); If you have truthful information to educate people, I can guarantee that Jack Dorsey will not permit you to spread this truth... so you will be banned.
Delete your Twitter App.... and start over new name new email... should bypass....

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where has one actually disintegrated? So the edges have some roughness to them; what does that actually mean? Do you actually know that the rough edges are going to be problematic long term? Do you know that rough edges are not within the design limits of the top once it is in full-rate production? Everyone here is assuming the top design is crap based on cosmetics. The MIC top has not been out long enough for anyone to judge its wear longevity. It's gone through design testing in Ford's climate chamber and wind tunnel just like every vehicle Ford develops does. It's gone through extreme field testing just like every other Ford vehicle does and all manufacturers perform on their vehicles. I'd bet Ford has far more test data on the MIC top than you do.

I was addressing convertible tops in general. Whether a hard top or fabric top, it is eventually going to wear out. The MIC top a removable, sectional plastic hard top; it is going to wear out. ALL convertible tops regardless of design and materials eventually wear out and break. I have two fabric-top cars in my fleet at the moment, one a 24 year old BMW that I've replaced the top once already about 8 years ago and it will be due another one in a few years. I had a '95 YJ that needed a new top after 8 years or so. And I'll bet 50% of soft top Bronco owners are going to have the top or rear plastic windows slashed open at some point. It's just the facts of life with a convertible.
Ask Ford, they recalled the tops for that ā€œroughness to the edges.ā€ So clearly itā€™s not part of the design.

Sponsored

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best choice I made was changing from the Mod Top to the soft and getting my Bronco now. By the time the Mod Top is ready all this will be a MIC issue and not a Mod.

tempImageEw2vKu.png

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In light of this news, I'm hoping Ford wont decide to hold Broncos at dealers until a fix is issued, like the airbag recall.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All true... sort of. My position from day 1 has been that it is the ugliest, most useless, unable to bear wait hardtop on any off road vehicle I've seen. I'll hold on to that $695, buy some Bitcoin with it, double my money, and put it towards a hardtop that I actually want when it becomes available. Might take one to two years but so will most reservation holders Broncos.

But the fact is it costs you today (or the day you take delivery) an extra $695 for the MIC. $3K later delivered is pure speculation, but yes shipping to you or your dealer will more than likely double the cost. My hunch however is that Ford will be doing damage control and subsidizing some of those costs for PR purposes. Not to mention if someone has a hardon for a crappy MIC 1.0 or 2.0 I'm sure Ebay or Craigslist will come to the rescue at very reasonable prices.
Well we certainly agree here! I ordered with the soft top for two reasons- ā€œspeedier deliveryā€ šŸ˜† and I donā€™t care for the mic top. Hopefully someone is already working on an aftermarket hard top not named Ford or webasto!!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Damn, maybe I'll just keep my 1.0 top. Just need to solve that annoying popping noise.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted both hard and soft top, waiting on bestop to fulfill the later!

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where has one actually disintegrated? So the edges have some roughness to them; what does that actually mean? Do you actually know that the rough edges are going to be problematic long term? Do you know that rough edges are not within the design limits of the top once it is in full-rate production? Everyone here is assuming the top design is crap based on cosmetics. The MIC top has not been out long enough for anyone to judge its wear longevity. It's gone through design testing in Ford's climate chamber and wind tunnel just like every vehicle Ford develops does. It's gone through extreme field testing just like every other Ford vehicle does and all manufacturers perform on their vehicles. I'd bet Ford has far more test data on the MIC top than you do.

I was addressing convertible tops in general. Whether a hard top or fabric top, it is eventually going to wear out. The MIC top a removable, sectional plastic hard top; it is going to wear out. ALL convertible tops regardless of design and materials eventually wear out and break. I have two fabric-top cars in my fleet at the moment, one a 24 year old BMW that I've replaced the top once already about 8 years ago and it will be due another one in a few years. I had a '95 YJ that needed a new top after 8 years or so. And I'll bet 50% of soft top Bronco owners are going to have the top or rear plastic windows slashed open at some point. It's just the facts of life with a convertible.
Well Iā€™ve had my gladiator for two years. Iā€™ve removed and reinstalled the panels numerous times. Not a scratch, rough edge, delaminated area, crack, scratch, honeycomb, etc on it. It looks brand spanking new. Make all the excuses you want- the mic top is crap. And if this is what Ford sees as acceptable then they need customers to sign a waiver accepting that.

Last edited:

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Mine has vertical ā€œcardboardā€ separation 1/8ā€ wide, at least 12 inch long. I can see it when the door is opened. 2D MIC 2.0 with September QR sticker. Obviously rain is seeping in and making them wider and wider. Ford corporate can DM me for pictures.

1923202F-ED9D-4B68-AF4B-67F03C7B0BA2.jpeg

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, maybe I'll just keep my 1.0 top. Just need to solve that annoying popping noise.
No popping with the 2.0 panels at least. My top is quiet. It's nice other than the delamination.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Delete your Twitter App.... and start over new name new email... should bypass....
done that 4 times... it knows the computer you use - they even send me nasty grams via email that by creating a new account, I again violated their first ban :)
Sponsored