Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 bronco, 76 bronco, 18 raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume they knew they couldn't get the new tops made in order to deliver 2021 broncos so they decided to dress the 1.0 tops up and send the broncos home. I bet all of these tops will end up getting replaced with the true 2.0. Who knows though.
Sponsored

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spoke too soon, mine appears to have some minor separation on the unfinished edges on the rear clamshell. Three out of the four notches are showing it.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1F8327C7-C066-4AEB-92DC-4129F42EE627

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 71BBF861-48FC-4F72-830C-98FF1A97C60D

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 5D089A4E-EF47-4F6A-A45A-FB397A418A33

NotaJeep

First Edition
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Spoke too soon, mine appears to have some minor separation on the unfinished edges on the rear clamshell. Three out of the four notches are showing it.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 5D089A4E-EF47-4F6A-A45A-FB397A418A33

Just checked mine and same issue. Damnit. Was not there when we picked up last week.

62F92CE3-6DBB-4E5C-9051-F2792FAD4919.jpeg

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a safe assumption, seeing as we all got emails saying our builds were delayed waiting for MIC 2.0, and here we are with Broncos. Either Ford misspoke when they said we were delayed, or these are supposed to be MIC 2.0 tops.

I'm open to some reality where there is a position between those two. I am biased, as we all are.
I hope I’m right and your assumption is wrong. Time will tell….

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope I’m right and your assumption is wrong. Time will tell….
I think these are MIC 1 and 2 combined. Some pieces look new with rolled edging. I am in the 'miscommunication' camp.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long has WeBASTO been making tops for other manufacturers? No other manufacturer has any problems but Ford they can't make a decent top for Ford? I hope Ford sues the shit out of them to re-replace all these tops.

Deleted member 13702

I won’t buy a Bronco without the hard top. Currently waiting on the MOD, but I will be interested to see what happens with that since it’s already been delayed for two years which makes me think that it may have design flaws that make the MIC top look good.

I’ve got time to wait and see how this plays out. No way I’d go with a MY 22 at this point. Unfortunately for Ford, more time will give me more options, like potentially sticking with my Jeep, or maybe going with the new 4 Runner. I’m betting while Ford tries to fix these f-ups, other manufactures will be making the 6g Bronco obsolete.

Anyway, I’m sorry any for any members dealing with this new issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long has WeBASTO been making tops for other manufacturers? No other manufacturer has any problems but Ford they can't make a decent top for Ford? I hope Ford sues the shit out of them to re-replace all these tops.
Hard to sue if Ford management and engineering led, directed and/or had final go/no go decision making on the design for a top that can’t be manufactured with consistent quality.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think these are MIC 1 and 2 combined. Some pieces look new with rolled edging. I am in the 'miscommunication' camp.
Does this align with the letter you received? If so there are tons of gaps and wiggle room regarding whether the panels came off the new tooling or are reworked. As stated in your post above it’s probably a combination of all three: 1) Reworked panels. 2) New panels. 3) A mix of reworked and new panels. I wrote “panels” because this document states replacement ”panels” will be provided, not “tops”. It also doesn’t specify if those panels will be newly produced from the new tool or reworked panels.

Leaves it open for lots of wiggle room for Ford and then assumptions by us.
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635380628589

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635380628589

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What do you get from a cardboard roof top
Delamination and a full product flop
Ford and Webasto think we’re all chumps
Or you could just try to .......stay .......pumped

You’ll get no
You’ll get no
You’ll get no
You’ll get no
You’ll get no ford broncos
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 5dj8r4 (1)

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's Ford's design, Webasto is just the production house.

It's Ford's...

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days UnimportantLastingAchillestang-size_restricted