First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My front panels both leak. Passenger side mid vehicle handle that secures top down is not snug enough. It needs shimmed or the metal bracket bent downward. Figured this out in a car wash haha. 2dr black diamond 2.0 top from dirt mountain. Love this vehicle though!!!! At first service Iā€™ll have them address it. Not sure what the remedy will be.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"cosmetic"... LOL
Oh I agree, we know Ford is full of crap. But instead of coming out and officially stating that it's all screwed up, They make it sound like they're doing us a favor because we weren't happy with the cosmetics.

Yet people apparently will still live and breathe blue.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree, I'm not freaking out about it. Warranty coverage on a part that's designed to be removed and reinstalled. A little disappointing, but nothing to lose sleep over.
Unless Ford comes back and says it's from user error and denies warranty..... Just throwing it out there that any company can say it was from abuse and not from them and wipe their hands

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh I agree, we know Ford is full of crap. But instead of coming out and officially stating that it's all screwed up, They make it sound like they're doing us a favor because we weren't happy with the cosmetics.

Yet people apparently will still live and breathe blue.
the irony... that's like saying this lady has a cosmetic problem
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635604105368

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unless Ford comes back and says it's from user error and denies warranty..... Just throwing it out there that any company can say it was from abuse and not from them and wipe their hands
Hard for them to make that argument if they haven't given guidance to prevent the error and there's a significant percentage of owners having the problem. Easier to dupe people on the "you're the only one" claim before the internet.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

cutouts look horrible like someone cut it with scissors and that orange spray paint... :sick::mad:
I agree. I ask my dealer if there was anyway I could opt out of the free Ford liner, and of course there's now way. If I ever get my Bronco I just hope there is a way to remove that quite pitiful looking liner so I can install a Hot Head headliner in mine.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
WHAT I DON'T GET: The Broncos with MIC tops have been in testing for at least 3 years (probably longer). IS FORD REALLY GOING TO SAY THAT THIS ISSUE HAS NOT POPPED UP DURING R&D AND TESTING FOR MONTHS IF NOT YEARS???????????????????????????????????????????????
Not defending them, but remember that during most of that time, the top was covered by a camouflage so it was not subjected to the elements like they are now. Also, hand made parts for test vehicles are not always the same quality as mass produced, machine made products.

duc135

First Name
Duc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hay if youā€™re ok with Flex Tape holding your too together thatā€™s great. I'm not ok with that. I don't know one Wrangler owner that needs tape to their brand-new top together. Just running your top through the carwash will start to effect and fray the tape. Using tape for X-Mas lights is one thing, but daily driving your Bronco with tape holding or sealing your top is not in the same ballpark. I get it I want my Bronco just as bad as anyone ā€œ5am day 2 resā€. All I want is for Ford to come up with a solution and be clear about what that solution is. ā€œIDKā€ Maybe send out the Broncos with the tops and replace them down the road when they get this all figured out. But donā€™t tell me itā€™s fixed when itā€™s clearly not fixed. But it all good you do you ;)
I guess you missed the part where he was just quoting the person who stated that no tape or sealant would last a year in PA. It has nothing to do with using tape to fix this top issue. He or she was in no way recommending it to repair the top.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My front panels both leak. Passenger side mid vehicle handle that secures top down is not snug enough. It needs shimmed or the metal bracket bent downward. Figured this out in a car wash haha. 2dr black diamond 2.0 top from dirt mountain. Love this vehicle though!!!! At first service Iā€™ll have them address it. Not sure what the remedy will be.
Donā€™t let this go! I donā€™t care if it takes 5 years and a whole newly redesigned top! Donā€™t let this go people, make Ford make it right!

Sponsored

2DrBD2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Donā€™t let this go! I donā€™t care if it takes 5 years and a whole newly redesigned top! Donā€™t let this go people, make Ford make it right!
I donā€™t plan to. Just enjoying the new ride and will address it aggressively but politely on my first visit. Theyā€™ll need to make it right.

I canā€™t reiterate enough how much I love this thing. That 2.7 is awesome!

3C78CFF1-EFDC-45CB-B143-EFE05BBFD57E.jpeg

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for you. If you remember, we all thought it would take at least a year for the new tops to start showing up. And then just weeks later, people started getting their trucks with the ā€œnewā€œ top. Itā€™s a Ford bamboozle job. They had to do something and fast. Donā€™t except anything but a quality top in the end. The end is not even close.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The end is far from close... The price we pay for being 50K test dummies on a brand new line...

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picking up my Bronco as we speak. More top QC issues, but at least not directly related to the construction of the top.

They forgot to put sound deadening on one of my panels. Now I get to look at a lovely orange spray paint mark until I can get a dealer to address.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 3C78CFF1-EFDC-45CB-B143-EFE05BBFD57E
The factory headliner from ford is trash and sheds like crazy. Hothead headliners are supposed to be making some for the bronco

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m starting to believe that having to wait 3 year to get my Bronco is quite fortunate. Perhaps by then, they will work out the bugs. But, most likely not. I guess we are all enablers: standing in line to give them our money no matter what they produce. There really isnā€™t any incentive for them to get their act togetherā€¦..
Sponsored