Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. I’m really happy with my soft top. It turned out to be a big improvement over what I was expecting. And that was before I heard that the version 2 hard tops were having issues.

You 4 door position holders who are holding out for the hard top. Why? The soft top is great. Throw it back and you’re in convertible mode in just a couple of minutes. Why not get the soft top now and get an aftermarket hard top later, IF, that is, you still want one? Bet you won’t after you use the soft top a few times.
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cohm0902

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris ohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2104 Ram 1500 ecodiesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They should be sealing off the raw edges of the top to seal them so no moisture can get in there.. otherwise this will be a on going issue.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. I’m really happy with my soft top. It turned out to be a big improvement over what I was expecting. And that was before I heard that the version 2 hard tops were having issues.

You 4 door position holders who are holding out for the hard top. Why? The soft top is great. Throw it back and you’re in convertible mode in just a couple of minutes. Why not get the soft top now and get an aftermarket hard top later, IF, that is, you still want one? Bet you won’t after you use the soft top a few times.
I for one, have no garage and park on a street in the city where car break-ins are a reality. The MIC issues are real, but covered by the factory warranty. I figure that eventually Ford will get this right, even if they have to replace stuff. It's just too much warranty cost. If I start to develop a problem with mine (MY'22) I just need to know what I need to do to get it fixed and what no to do to make sure that any temporary stop-gap fix will not cause a warranty problem.

After the warranty is gone, I will look into treatment options. With the proper surface prep, a high quality rubberized coating may be a solution.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(Ford is aware and in communication, so we don't need to keep pinging them)

20211026_170947.jpg

20211027_091629.jpg

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
My First Edition is the same exact way.Also in communication with Ford or at least the dealer is.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a completely different issue, but we're going to get worked up about something the Goodyear tires on Sasquatch are irksome. I'd love to pay the difference and get KO2s (basically 35" versions of the Badlands tires) from the start.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Because it’s ugly as sin. That flappy top is almost as bad as snakeskin.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it’s ugly as sin. That flappy top is almost as bad as snakeskin.
No way. First of all, remember beauty follows function, and nothing functionless can be beautiful. The current MIC hard tops are quite obviously functionless, so you don’t want that. (One would certainly hope, anyway. Heh.)

Second, it actually does look good. I felt like you do until I started using the soft top and seeing my Bronco in this configuration. I got used to it quickly, but that’s probably also because I have both a hard top and a soft top for my Jeep. But I assure you, you will quickly grow to love the soft top. First you’ll love the function. Then you’ll love the look. Then you’ll absolutely adore the fact that these MIC hard top discussions no longer apply to you as you intend to solely run the soft top.

Trust me on this one.

-JC

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No way. First of all, remember beauty follows function, and nothing functionless can be beautiful. The current MIC hard tops are quite obviously functionless, so you don’t want that. (One would certainly hope, anyway. Heh.)

Second, it actually does look good. I felt like you do until I started using the soft top and seeing my Bronco in this configuration. I got used to it quickly, but that’s probably also because I have both a hard top and a soft top for my Jeep. But I assure you, you will quickly grow to love the soft top. First you’ll love the function. Then you’ll love the look. Then you’ll absolutely adore the fact that these MIC hard top discussions no longer apply to you as you intend to solely run the soft top.

Trust me on this one.

-JC
Function is ok, I’ve driven a couple with soft top and played with it. Not interested though. There is 0.0% chance I would ever love the look of that saggy flappy top. Trust me on this one. There are a few running around my town. People who know I’m waiting on my Bronco ask me what’s wrong with the windows on those Broncos. Also why do they only come to in light blue but that’s another discussion. 🤣

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Function is ok, I’ve driven a couple with soft top and played with it. Not interested though. There is 0.0% chance I would ever love the look of that saggy flappy top. Trust me on this one. There are a few running around my town. People who know I’m waiting on my Bronco ask me what’s wrong with the windows on those Broncos. Also why do they only come to in light blue but that’s another discussion. 🤣
As they say, it’s your MY2023 funeral.

You will regret thinking of the hard top as some sort of panacea. It’s rattly, loud and delaminates. Hard to take off too. You’ll wish you had the soft top. Mark my words. Enjoy your interminable wait. I’m gonna take my Bronco out tomorrow.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As they say, it’s your MY2023 funeral.

You will regret thinking of the hard top as some sort of panacea. It’s rattly, loud and delaminates. Hard to take off too. You’ll wish you had the soft top. Mark my words. Enjoy your interminable wait. I’m gonna take my Bronco out tomorrow.
Lmao I’m picking mine up this week wtf you talking about. If your best dig at the hardtop is it’s hard to take off, you definitely made the right decision getting the flappy top.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmao I’m picking mine up this week wtf you talking about. If your best dig at the hardtop is it’s hard to take off, you definitely made the right decision getting the flappy top.
My friend, I have tons of experience with both, so don't even begin to try to tell me hard vs. soft. You probably don't have either one!

Both have their pluses and minuses. I have generally preferred the soft top for ease of removal. BOTH of these vehicles, meaning the Wrangler and the Bronco, are really ideal with no top whatsoever. I.e. the top itself is a compromise. If you wheeled and were really out there pushing it you'd know that already. You probably have a mall crawler or something.

MIC hard top 1.0 or 2.0, bad call. Get the soft top. End of story.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My friend, I have tons of experience with both, so don't even begin to try to tell me hard vs. soft. You probably don't have either one!

Both have their pluses and minuses. I have generally preferred the soft top for ease of removal. BOTH of these vehicles, meaning the Wrangler and the Bronco, are really ideal with no top whatsoever. I.e. the top itself is a compromise. If you wheeled and were really out there pushing it you'd know that already. You probably have a mall crawler or something.

MIC hard top 1.0 or 2.0, bad call. Get the soft top. End of story.
I asked my wife if she preferred flappy soft or hard and she said hard.

I haven't yet asked her about the Bronco top, though...
Sponsored