Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before everyone on this forum has a conniption and goes off the deep end about the MIC 2.0 tops, I think we need to recognize the potential that it isn't 100% of the tops that have an issue. I personally don't know what % does have an issue, and neither does anyone else, but I CAN tell you that mine is perfectly fine. It was built on 6/28 and the final build date with the MIC 2.0 was 9/29. I have had it for over a week now and it has gone through 4 days of heavy rainfall and two frosts. Looks OK to me and I don't see any edges that are cracking, shedding, or any discernible patterns in the final coat. My point is, let's not assume ALL Mic 2.0 tops have an issue until there is evidence to confirm that.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 54C10AA1-7F4D-4189-8CFF-BBA1F2BA4B02

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 54C10AA1-7F4D-4189-8CFF-BBA1F2BA4B02

I hate to inform you of this , but your top does have the problem, the bottom pitcure with the read arrows is fine, the edge is rolled and covered no exposed fiberglass, the top two pictures are exposed fiberglass. Water will get it over time , and when that water freezes it will expand , which is when the delaminating will begin. Looks to me like you also have a mixed match top. When I zoom in I can see the raw fiberglass in top two pictures.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going in tomorrow to have the seals replaced for the leaking. There’s a TSB for it and the parts have arrived. They will be photographing and submitting a warranty claim for my 2.0 top as well. There is a laughable gap on the rear passenger side. It also looks like the top was cut out of the mold with a saw-all!

59279156-8484-43ED-9EA8-367E7238696A.jpeg

F30D07D6-FED1-4014-9A7A-1E8D8253F8D1.jpeg

4AE79B7E-2BAB-43BC-AE04-0FC145C8BBDB.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going in tomorrow to have the seals replaced for the leaking. There’s a TSB for it and the parts have arrived. They will be photographing and submitting a warranty claim for my 2.0 top as well. There is a laughable gap on the rear passenger side. It also looks like the top was cut out of the mold with a saw-all!

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 4AE79B7E-2BAB-43BC-AE04-0FC145C8BBDB

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 4AE79B7E-2BAB-43BC-AE04-0FC145C8BBDB

Damn, that's HIDEOUS.
Mine has some flaws too. Having them documented tomorrow when I go in for my oil change.
Drivers top panel has big time snakeskin showing through. Passenger interior window cutout looks to be fur lined. Daughter pointed it out the other day.

Sponsored

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn, that's HIDEOUS.
Mine has some flaws too. Having them documented tomorrow when I go in for my oil change.
Drivers top panel has big time snakeskin showing through. Passenger interior window cutout looks to be fur lined. Daughter pointed it out the other day.
This MIC top is going to haunt Ford. Thankfully we have a warranty. First year model thing… Knew I was going to be a paying beta tester. I’m happy to be one as long as they fix it for real this time…. I love my Bronco and truly feel blessed to own one. My dealership has been great so far with everything, especially putting up with my ass! Lol

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to inform you of this , but your top does have the problem, the bottom pitcure with the read arrows is fine, the edge is rolled and covered no exposed fiberglass, the top two pictures are exposed fiberglass. Water will get it over time , and when that water freezes it will expand , which is when the delaminating will begin. Looks to me like you also have a mixed match top. When I zoom in I can see the raw fiberglass in top two pictures.
Your injecting your opinion to describe a problem that does not exist on my MIC top. Those edges look and feel sealed when you run your finger over them. Yes, there is a color difference along some edges which would be nice if it was more uniform but don't confuse that with the edge being compromised. It's not.
I am not saying that delaminating isn't occurring on some MIC tops. I am saying that it isn't occurring on 100% of MIC tops as was suggested earlier in this thread. More specifically, it is not occurring on my MIC top which has experienced heavy rainfall, frost, freezing/thawing weather, and snow, (it's not garage kept). I've even had it through the car wash on a cold day which one would think would provide the best opportunity to get water into every exposed edge. Still, no delaminating. It looks today as it did the day it was delivered. As a result, I disagree with your statement that my top does have the problem.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your injecting your opinion to describe a problem that does not exist on my MIC top. Those edges look and feel sealed when you run your finger over them. Yes, there is a color difference along some edges which would be nice if it was more uniform but don't confuse that with the edge being compromised. It's not.
I am not saying that delaminating isn't occurring on some MIC tops. I am saying that it isn't occurring on 100% of MIC tops as was suggested earlier in this thread. More specifically, it is not occurring on my MIC top which has experienced heavy rainfall, frost, freezing/thawing weather, and snow, (it's not garage kept). I've even had it through the car wash on a cold day which one would think would provide the best opportunity to get water into every exposed edge. Still, no delaminating. It looks today as it did the day it was delivered. As a result, I disagree with your statement that my top does have the problem.
ok , so yes in my opinion you also have a mix matched top, I zoomed in on your picture and I can actually see the fiberglass in the top two pictures but not the bottom, all edges should look like the bottom ones , finished. I can walk out and look at my FE top and see the same exact thing, the Ford Dealer ship looked at my top and they agree , over TIME water will get in and freeze and delaminate. You are not taking OVER TIME into consideration meaning in a few years. I am not looking for a argument , I am just saying those edges are white because it is fiberglass you are looking at . If they are smooth then maybe ford sealed them with something . But they should be black like the bottom picture. Tomorrow a Ford Tech from Ford Motor Co. not the dealer is reviewing my top for replacement and it looks exactly like yours. I will let you know what they say. Once again I am not trying to argue with you I am just saying, if your top is like the rest you want it replaced now or in a few years you might be regretting it.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my Bronco and truly feel blessed to own one.
Despite everything, it all boils down to that. ^^^

Every time I glance over the hood and it reminds me of my 69, I can't help but think "This is soo freaking cool!!".

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok , so yes in my opinion you also have a mix matched top, I zoomed in on your picture and I can actually see the fiberglass in the top two pictures but not the bottom, all edges should look like the bottom ones , finished. I can walk out and look at my FE top and see the same exact thing, the Ford Dealer ship looked at my top and they agree , over TIME water will get in and freeze and delaminate. You are not taking OVER TIME into consideration meaning in a few years. I am not looking for a argument , I am just saying those edges are white because it is fiberglass you are looking at . If they are smooth then maybe ford sealed them with something . But they should be black like the bottom picture. Tomorrow a Ford Tech from Ford Motor Co. not the dealer is reviewing my top for replacement and it looks exactly like yours. I will let you know what they say. Once again I am not trying to argue with you I am just saying, if your top is like the rest you want it replaced now or in a few years you might be regretting it.
Good luck with the Ford Tech from Ford Motor Co. tomorrow, hope you get the outcome you're looking for.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck with the Ford Tech from Ford Motor Co. tomorrow, hope you get the outcome you're looking for.
Thank you , the dealership is confident they will take care of the situation, I also have the honey comb on the front and center panels, along with a few dimples.

terp_ag@

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Back with an update. On the third dealership I finally got someone to look at the top. They said there is a TSB (I think most people are aware of it now), they ordered the part and hopefully it will be repaired by early January.

Ford has been good about following up with me on this issue. But the lack of service at some of the dealerships is inexcusable. (I could write a long thread about how bad the dealer is that I was assigned.) Instead, I will just say that Jerry's Ford in Leesburg, VA seems to have their act together.

I'll follow up again after the repair is done.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When is someone going to make an aftermarket hard top???they will make a killing...
I suspect A) it is hard to do. B) expensive to do C) most consumers will not pay the required price, which means D) nobody is going to make a killing on this.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. The rolled-sealed edges do not seem uniform or complete on some Bronco tops, including from the mentioned post. An unsealed edge could spell trouble over time, especially given some already are showing separation.

For reference, below is a photo of the lower rolled and sealed edge of my 1998 TJ hardtop. Other than some scrapes from getting laid on pavement, it's no worse for wear after 20+ years of usage.

I'd like to see Ford figure a better way to roll and seal all the edges of their Bronco tops, instead of seeing what appears to be simply cut material with the interior part of the top exposed.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days TJhardtopLowerEdge
Sponsored