First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my Bronco last Saturday. Snapped tons of pics of my top and also noticed something was set on the front top portion of my rig as I have identical rub marks in the paint on the left and right side. Dealer also poked a hole in my tailgate when installing my table and put my tint on with dirty windows so I have tons of imperfections I can’t wipe away. Staying positive, staying in communication with my dealer to try and rush all the fixes, but no idea what they are going to do with the top. Edges all look like cardboard. It’s wild for a vehicle I spent this much on. Help me @Ford Motor Company

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days ED927008-3212-4B73-B93D-4307E0CFF32B

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 3992E3B7-F2F4-4F9F-8267-EF5E722B8518

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days A3A822C1-C712-436F-9298-DF3B73BDAAD5

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 708BEA6C-AD68-4588-8693-7244E63895CB

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 2C4CC9FF-44E4-400C-BC5A-D6FF428C4AE4

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days DD96F09C-3E06-4909-A098-C76186D42AA9

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days F00DCD5B-9D05-48DA-A887-2E28CD9EB7B8
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to mix up so epoxy with gray dye and rub it in the edge. Plenty of time to clean it off the visible part of the top and it'll work like a charm. I likely would not swap tops for this if given the chance, to be honest.

J&B Weld 2-part epoxy might be decent color match . . .

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt that was Ford.... I blame the 18 year old working midnights at Webasto and his dope smoking buddy in QC....
Crazy. Jeep has been doing them for years with nothing anywhere near an issue like these

Last edited:

Sponsored

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine looks the same on the back. The front and mid panel looks great it’s just that back along the windows. Haven’t noticed any honeycomb pattern yet. Thought to myself, I can’t believe I had to wait 3 extra months for something that looks a lot like the original one that held it up

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco last Saturday. Snapped tons of pics of my top and also noticed something was set on the front top portion of my rig as I have identical rub marks in the paint on the left and right side. Dealer also poked a hole in my tailgate when installing my table and put my tiny in with dirty windows so I have tons of imperfections I can’t wipe away. Staying positive, staying in communication with my dealer to try and rush all the fixes, but no idea what they are going to do with the top. Edges all look like cardboard. It’s wild for a vehicle I spent this much on. Help me @Ford Motor Company

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days F00DCD5B-9D05-48DA-A887-2E28CD9EB7B8

That table is dog shit your not the only one who’s had issues with there dealer drilling threw the tailgate it’s a piss poor design

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we wait for Dirt Mountain to be cleared before we sound another MIC top QC issue? Please just give it another couple weeks then by all means go nuts!

ThrvinBronco

First Edition
First Name
JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days oh-fuck-off-go-away

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

BTW, Im happy to delete this and bite the bullet if the forum wants to go that way. Im not in love with the idea of being the reason of another delay.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Im going to use some high strength epoxy with gray pigment to reinforce the edging. My plan is to rub it in the openings all along the edge and then clean it off the visible panel. That should reinforce the edging while sealing out water.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

yep mine has same issues. dealer has already took pictures and sent to Ford. I am suppose to have something back any day on what they are going to do. to built 9/21

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my Bronco last Saturday. Snapped tons of pics of my top and also noticed something was set on the front top portion of my rig as I have identical rub marks in the paint on the left and right side. Dealer also poked a hole in my tailgate when installing my table and put my tiny in with dirty windows so I have tons of imperfections I can’t wipe away. Staying positive, staying in communication with my dealer to try and rush all the fixes, but no idea what they are going to do with the top. Edges all look like cardboard. It’s wild for a vehicle I spent this much on. Help me @Ford Motor Company
WTF, they put a hole in your tailgate... and what did they tell you that they planned to do about that?!? What f'ing monkey did your dealership let loose on your Bronco!?!

Ya, stay pumped, @Ford Motor Company will be by any second... Also don't forget to tweet at Dirty Mike.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why the F are so many on board for the MIC in the first place? It's the ugliest family truckster top I've seen. At least Jeep puts rain gutters on theirs. I can maybe understand the MOD top but no way the MIC. A roto-molded plastic top would be far superior. To top it off you are paying an extra $695 for that and waiting who knows how long! But I live in snow country!?
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 2019-Ford-Flex-02

Everyone say no to the Ford Flex top and hopefully Ford puts it in the trash bin and redesigns it from the frame up!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife wanted to order a new hard top as soon as we could. I told her we should wait until version 3 or 4. I knew they wouldn’t get it all right in this version. The bronco hard top next to my Jeep’s is night and day. Soft tops been good so far. I’ll stick with it for now.