Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure your dealer gets you a new top ordered at least
I'll be sending them photos tomorrow and then stopping in. The problem is widespread, so I couldn't cover it up now if I wanted. Lots of examples coming forward.
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Heh. Twitter and I aren't getting along right now. Stepped on some toes. Think the suspension is over in 48 hours.
Need me to take care of ya? Levine and I aren't exactly close....

Also, as a fellow Phoenician, maybe you should just consider not parking it in the sun.

Ever.

Even in the summer.

Never ever. sun is bad for them, just like water is bad for them. and wind is bad for them, too....

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unreal. At this rate Ford is gonna eat away all their profits on hard top warranty claims. Glad I switched to a soft top since it seems this will never end. My understanding is a different vendor will make the Mod top but I hope their plan is to get rid of Webasto altogether. This is unacceptable. Get it together Ford.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on a few photos here it looks like many of the open seams still exist, but a worker went out of their way to paint or dye the fibers to make it less obvious. Is that just me?

did Ford really “retool” on the stop of the dime and exceed their own expectations? Or did they tell a bunch of workers to take sharpie (half joking but could be some truth to what they did) to open seams to save the bronco brand millions and the ford brand many millions in bad press.

out of all things delayed, I always questioned the magical 180 ford pulled off for the 2.0. By a lot. It’s like they replaced 3,000 tops with equally shitty tops plus some lipstick for the optics of the brand, shareholders and webastogate. And if webasto foot the bill for the fake fix (just like they eventually caved for waiving the headliner) then is just goes back to questionable product quality

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need me to take care of ya? Levine and I aren't exactly close....
Sure. Tell him I said hi. I bet his PR team already has me on the kill list. Don't worry @PREMiERdrum , I'm coming to see ya in heaven.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211026_170947.jpg

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

BTW, Im happy to delete this and bite the bullet if the forum wants to go that way. Im not in love with the idea of being the reason of another delay.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Im going to use some high strength epoxy with gray pigment to reinforce the edging. My plan is to rub it in the openings all along the edge and then clean it off the visible panel. That should reinforce the edging while sealing out water.
Don’t pull a single punch.
Push this up the QC chain, if it’s truly an issue Ford, your dealer, the forum, and the local auto journalist need to hear it.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be sending them photos tomorrow and then stopping in. The problem is widespread, so I couldn't cover it up now if I wanted. Lots of examples coming forward.
You did good ford needs to know about there fuck ups and fix them. They are really trying to kill the bronco name with the quality control issues

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They better fix that crap, mine gets blended day after tomorrow!!! I’d still take that top over a soft top. I really would.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They better fix that crap, mine gets blended day after tomorrow!!! I’d still take that top over a soft top. I really would.
Me too. Honestly. I'm not even sure I would swap to a perfect top given a chance. It'll just never be a real issue here in the desert.