JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly these delaminations can be fixed pretty easily with some epoxy and some clamps. I've repaired hundreds of skis and snowboard delaminations similar to this and they have lasted a long time under harsher conditions than the Bronco tops will see. However, each repair takes time and it will add a lot to the cost of each top that Ford ships because each repair is custom and will require detailed care to make sure it looks nice. These are repairs that could be done at the dealer's service department but it ain't gonna be cheap for Ford. I typically use the following epoxy from Hardman:

https://www.amazon.com/Hardman-Double-Bubble-Toughened-04007/dp/B00J1AA3C0
It's been a few years but im 99% positive we used the same stuff for delaminations on kevlar/fiberglass and rotor blade repairs on Blackhawks. That's some good stuff!

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why are you guys so willing to accept a shitty product for what we are paying these broncos should be perfect
Two things that stand out to me from many members on this forum:

1.) If your dealer hits you with a bullshit ADM, it's your fault, you're an idiot for not taking a lawyer with you when you ordered blah blah blah.
2.) If you can fix it with zip ties, super glue or duct tape, it isn't broke so don't blame Ford.

I agree with you. Just because this is a new product with a high demand, doesn't mean Ford should get a pass for building it half arsed.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm past blaming Webasto. This stuff is getting by Ford QC, after they should already be hyper-sensitive about this exact issue.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each day that goes by I love my soft top more and more. I'm a "convertible guy" so maybe that's why but no ragrets on switching.
You didn’t have to settle. If the soft top was what you wanted than cool but if you sacrificed your MIC top to get it faster than you definitely settled

6BDCDEE1-F87D-4B9F-B579-9BFB7AACDC1A.jpeg

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what mine started off as. It's pulled apart in the few days I've had it. Wonder if it's related to the touch free car wash..
You waxed it! Just kidding. Horrible that I take delivery in a couple weeks and they still don't have it right.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My DM 2D MIC 2.0 is also falling apart. (Delaminating with exposed “cardboard” edge) I’ve been silent bc of some crazy ass fanboiz on this website but I’m glad people are posting about this. No I’m not going to try to “epoxy” it by myself = denied warranty claim.

Last edited:

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm never going to get my 2-Door Bronco at this rate.
True. I feel like Ford hates me at this point and I have the gall to want a manual Black Diamond with a mid level package tow package in Antimatter Blue. Guess Ford just doesn't want me to have the Bronco I want.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True. I feel like Ford hates me at this point and I have the gall to want a manual Black Diamond with a mid level package tow package in Antimatter Blue. Guess Ford just doesn't want me to have the Bronco I want.
I am in the same boat...

Set sail to fail!

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You didn’t have to settle. If the soft top was what you wanted than cool but if you sacrificed your MIC top to get it faster than you definitely settled

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 6BDCDEE1-F87D-4B9F-B579-9BFB7AACDC1A
Thanks for your uninformed and unsolicited opinion about my choice!

I originally ordered dual tops - soft & mod, then had to choose a single top when Ford didnt allow dual tops, so switched to mod since Ford didnt offer the hookups for the hard top if you got the soft top, then was "forced" to switched to MIC since I wanted a Bronco in this lifetime, then when Ford pulled its head out of its ass I switched to the soft top since it now was going to come with the hookups.

But of course you knew all that since you followed my every post for the last 16 months.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

where is that
This stupid meme is so over played. Really. Snore.
haha no shit! that's why I dug it up because HERE WE GO AGAIN

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm past blaming Webasto. This stuff is getting by Ford QC, after they should already be hyper-sensitive about this exact issue.
It got by the OP QC as well.
My DM 2D MIC 2.0 is also falling apart. (Delaminating with exposed “cardboard” edge) I’ve been silent bc of some crazy ass fanboiz on this website but I’m glad people are posting about this. No I’m not going to try to “epoxy” it by myself = denied warranty claim.
This is my thinking, as long as its not leaking you have your Bronco while many still wait. Just take the top in to get it replaced before 3yr/36k miles.
Sponsored