Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20211026_170947.jpg

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
Are you/we even sure this is a 2.0 top (maybe it was supposed to be). It appears the edges are not "pinched" or sealed together as the 2.0 is reported to be and others have shown us. Maybe a possibility???? But PLEASE.....REPORT THIS TO YOUR DEALER AND TO FORD CORPORATE IMMEDIATELY. If this is an issue, unfortunately.....this needs to be corrected and damn, I hope not, but more delays possible???? I am hoping you have a 1.0 that slipped through. Ford will make it right for you.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m glad I didn’t go for the MIC 2.0 replacement right away. I’m still rocking the 1.0 on my 2 door and it hasn’t really changed but we’ll see now that there is more rain and temps are falling.

definitely going to get the trektop forthe summer months.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 9/23 build is the same. I'm not convinced there is a MIC 2.0.
01009D23-2257-4160-8C60-D3422EBCCD0F.jpeg
That edge has not been "pinched" as the corrected 2/0 is supposed to be. My guess...they are missing some of the process and there is crap poor quality control at Webasto and then at the very end on Ford's part. Just great.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you/we even sure this is a 2.0 top (maybe it was supposed to be). It appears the edges are not "pinched" or sealed together as the 2.0 is reported to be and others have shown us. Maybe a possibility???? But PLEASE.....REPORT THIS TO YOUR DEALER AND TO FORD CORPORATE IMMEDIATELY. If this is an issue, unfortunately.....this needs to be corrected and damn, I hope not, but more delays possible???? I am hoping you have a 1.0 that slipped through. Ford will make it right for you.
The panels are clearly different. The edges are rolled and they look decent. The rear clamshell looks to be developing the same issues as mic 1, but started off looking decent. I'll be posting more photos tomorrow so we can have a better idea of what's going on. I ran out out daylight.

Sponsored

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for your uninformed and unsolicited opinion about my choice!

I originally ordered dual tops - soft & mod, then had to choose a single top when Ford didnt allow dual tops, so switched to mod since Ford didnt offer the hookups for the hard top if you got the soft top, then was "forced" to switched to MIC since I wanted a Bronco in this lifetime, then when Ford pulled its head out of its ass I switched to the soft top since it now was going to come with the hookups.

But of course you knew all that since you followed my every post for the last 16 months.
I think a lot of us were in this same boat with you. I was forced to drop the dual top option from the start when I ordered and then switched to the soft top when they effed up the first MIC so badly and I lost all faith in them for the 2.0… I decided I’d wait and order a hard top after market once there were some solid options available outside of Ford. I call it being proactive, not settling.. if we’d settled, we’d be sitting here with this shitty 2.0 cardboard mess. 😂

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So is the problem a rough edge. I dont really see it. I saw the honeycomb on the 1.0s that was bad. But this edge thing seems a lil nitpicky to me.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is the problem a rough edge. I dont really see it. I saw the honeycomb on the 1.0s that was bad. But this edge thing seems a lil nitpicky to me.
The issue is it didnt come that way.. the edge is delaminating. I dont think itll go much further in my case because I live in a dry climate. People with freeze/thaw cycles may be in for an issue. Maybe not.

With that said, I would also still take delivery.. Excellent vehicle otherwise. It'll take a few years before serious problems develop IMO, and Ford has time to figure it out.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah no way is that an improvement. Maybe the color is better and less honeycombing but the fit is terrible and one piece looks like something took a bite out of it. Makes me think that even the ones that come out looking decent will likely look like crap after a 6 months to a year. Here in Hawaii my truck will be sitting in direct sunlight a lot and that top is gonna be put to the test! Doubtful that it will hold up 🤔

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That table is dog shit your not the only one who’s had issues with there dealer drilling threw the tailgate it’s a piss poor design
How is drilling through a piss poor design, it’s piss poor installation work, but has nothing to do with design, it screws to the back like everything else! lol

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every auto builder has issues at some point,I’m just glad it not a mechanical one . The bronco runs great so enjoy it ,Ford will take of it when the get the fix.
If it was mine some epoxy in that crack would get me lots of miles down the road.
Op did you ever have the top off ? Wondering if the flexing when unsupported may cause the cracking?
Just remember it could always be worse.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every auto builder has issues at some point,I’m just glad it not a mechanical one . The bronco runs great so enjoy it ,Ford will take of it when the get the fix.
If it was mine some epoxy in that crack would get me lots of miles down the road.
Op did you ever have the top off ? Wondering if the flexing when unsupported may cause the cracking?
Just remember it could always be worse.
Nope. Removed the front and center panels only. I got it washed. That's the only thing that's come in contact with the rear section.

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think i made the right decision to switch to soft top to get it built now and wait for a mod top in 2023, i had a gut feeling the mic 2.0 would still have quality issues especially since i heard they didnt build new molds for them they just adjusted current tools, until they completely rework this top from the ground up it will be problematic
Sponsored