Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well I’ve had my gladiator for two years. I’ve removed and reinstalled the panels numerous times. Not a scratch, rough edge, delaminated area, crack, scratch, honeycomb, etc on it. It looks brand spanking new.
I've got no manufacturer allegiances. I'd happily take a Ford with a Jeep top!
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you guys so willing to accept a shitty product for what we are paying these broncos should be perfect
This lol. It’s pathetic the amount of excuses people make for shit product on here. It very disappointing that jeep has the more dependable product at the moment and fiat is garbage.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have comparison photos between MIC 1.0 and 2.0?

These look exactly the same to me?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That ain't good. We'll be finding out more about this possible issue as the Pacific NW Broncos roll in and spend the season here. It's October...
Yep. I am down here in Oregon...lots of water and freezing this Winter. I have a 2 door MIC on order. With this issue repeating it self....hell....I doubt I see it anytime in 2022 now.

WHAT I DON'T GET: The Broncos with MIC tops have been in testing for at least 3 years (probably longer). IS FORD REALLY GOING TO SAY THAT THIS ISSUE HAS NOT POPPED UP DURING R&D AND TESTING FOR MONTHS IF NOT YEARS???????????????????????????????????????????????

Sponsored

termin8

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My build date was 6/25/21 on a 2 door and the top was in great shape at delivery and still is today. I feel so bad for those just getting their rides now with the top not fixed. This makes me nervous about replacing mine at this point. If and when the replacement comes in, I will see if they can keep it outside for sometime to see what the winter rain/snow/sleet does to it before I have it replaced.

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
why don't they just paint these things and just move on from this debacle....white, black and body color...can't be any more of a hassle than this.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, you need to start a poll, I think we are only talking about a small number of tops. Please put some numbers with it!
I am not sure it matters in the numbers. Ford quality checks out the door is missing these. A few here a few there...it's NOT acceptable. It just isn't. Someone will end up with these inferior tops...it could be you, me or him and her. If I got one after paying $50K for a new vehicle...I would be livid!!!! This needs to get fixed once and for all. I have waited 16 months now....I see no real hope of getting a Bronco now in 2022. Unless something changes.....the bubble burst a long time ago. I was so excited. Not so much anymore.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please keep in mind that anything you do to ”fix this issue” could be used to deny a warranty claim. Let Ford deal with this.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am not sure it matters in the numbers. Ford quality checks out the door is missing these. A few here a few there...it's NOT acceptable. It just isn't. Someone will end up with these inferior tops...it could be you, me or him and her. If I got one after paying $50K for a new vehicle...I would be livid!!!! This needs to get fixed once and for all. I have waited 16 months now....I see no real hope of getting a Bronco now in 2022. Unless something changes.....the bubble burst a long time ago. I was so excited. Not so much anymore.
We are barking up the same tree here Bud, if this issue is small then I don’t want to wait any longer either. But I would rather have my rig and wait on a warranty repair than wait another 25 years for my Bronco. I hate that some are still having issues but some of us don’t have build date’s for our day one reservations.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know some people have wrapped their tops, just curious if that would work too...never wrapped anything (well when I was single) so don't know if it would work or not.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decorate my brick house every year with Christmas lights up the corners attached usually with duck tape, I tried Gorilla brand but it is too thick and does not stick to the bricks as well, but two years ago I tried Flex Seal brand tape and I have yet to be able to remove all the tape from the house - it blends in and makes a good attachment point for the new tape going up before Thanksgiving.
Hay if you’re ok with Flex Tape holding your too together that’s great. I'm not ok with that. I don't know one Wrangler owner that needs tape to their brand-new top together. Just running your top through the carwash will start to effect and fray the tape. Using tape for X-Mas lights is one thing, but daily driving your Bronco with tape holding or sealing your top is not in the same ballpark. I get it I want my Bronco just as bad as anyone “5am day 2 res”. All I want is for Ford to come up with a solution and be clear about what that solution is. “IDK” Maybe send out the Broncos with the tops and replace them down the road when they get this all figured out. But don’t tell me it’s fixed when it’s clearly not fixed. But it all good you do you ;)