Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. They cheated…… more like innovated.
If this is what we are calling innovated, Ford can keep their innovation. We're on version 2 of this "innovation" so far and it looks equally as much of a flop as the first.
Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It would be my fall back if I could get my bronco in the first damn place (2dr sas and lux… and safari bar) if I’m not scheduled by March I’m ordering an f150 tremor.
I can’t believe it’s starting to look like my Lightning will be ready before my Bronco. Crazy.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211026_170947.jpg

20211027_091629.jpg

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
I’d be more inclined to think you missed them on pickup versus 5 days of driving causing issues to suddenly arise. Either way you have a warranty, bring it to Fords attention and they can get images sent to engineering. Would have probably been a better first step as opposed to posting them on a forum to get peoples reactions don’t you think?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If this is what we are calling innovated, Ford can keep their innovation. We're on version 2 of this "innovation" so far and it looks equally as much of a flop as the first.
Reread my post. Top aside a lot of innovation in the bronco the Jeep should have done a long time ago. Sway bar disconnect on the fly, the locker system is faster and easier to engage. IFS which kills the wrangler in 99% of situations with the exception of extreme scenarios which sadly 95% of people will never use their rigs for. Jeeps response to the bronco was to stuff a bigger engine in it and hope people don’t realize they haven’t kept up. Part of maintaining leadership in anything is innovation and improvement something jeep hasn’t really done. Hard tops aside which is a huge fail ford knocked it out of the park.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be more inclined to think you missed them on pickup versus 5 days of driving causing issues to suddenly arise. Either way you have a warranty, bring it to Fords attention and they can get images sent to engineering. Would have probably been a better first step as opposed to posting them on a forum to get peoples reactions don’t you think?
No. I don't. If I did, I would've done it that way. I have no loyalty to Ford - my concern lays with the people paying $60k or more for a vehicle that could come with major defects.

Mighty presumptuous of you to feel you have the place to 'advise' me on my actions. There are dozens of members presenting evidence of the same issue and many more who posted but failed to gain traction.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anybody know if Ford will produce the modular hardtop in-house or will it be outsourced as well? If the problems with the mic continue - they would be wise to start production of the modular.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A soft top with hard top prep kit for two door models would have provided a temporary solution for this fiasco. Oh well, looks like I will be getting MY 23 Mod top…maybe in white…..
the mod tops will be shit too you wait and see

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This entire thread is based on the assumption that the defective tops are in fact MIC 2.0 and that Ford followed through on a promise discussed on the forum that Broncos built after a certain date would be built with the new top. The “Primer Applied” shown earlier in the thread sticker isn’t exactly a “Manufactured on xx/xx Date” label…

Not saying for certain they aren’t MIC 2.0 but I’m not seeing any proof and I can come up with several other possibilities.

Edit: The picture above sure seems to indicate a reworked MIC 1.0.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This entire thread is based on the assumption that the defective tops are in fact MIC 2.0 and that Ford followed through on a promise discussed on the forum that Broncos built after a certain date would be built with the new top. The “Primer Applied” shown earlier in the thread sticker isn’t exactly a “Manufactured on xx/xx Date” label…

Not saying for certain they aren’t MIC 2.0 but I’m not seeing any proof and I can come up with several other possibilities.
It's a safe assumption, seeing as we all got emails saying our builds were delayed waiting for MIC 2.0, and here we are with Broncos. Either Ford misspoke when they said we were delayed, or these are supposed to be MIC 2.0 tops.

I'm open to some reality where there is a position between those two. I am biased, as we all are.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We need the @premieredrummer to come forward with his inside knowledge on the subject. Hopefully marching band season done soon so he can come back out of the shadows
Sponsored