Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. Not at this point. There is no proof water can cause any damage. Seem delamination doesn't necessarily mean the top will become defective. Unless someone has done a destructive test to evaluate if the seam edge is the only seal between the two panels and water can propagate into the top cavity and damage the internal structure, I'll remain positive the MIC top quality is good.
So let me ask you, if you ordered a soft top from the factory and then later purchased an aftermarket hard top and it arrived with these same issues, you would be ok with it? Not for my money.
Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate this type of deception. If they sprayed primer to conceal the issues aren't they destroying the nature of the MIC top? I thought its' main benefit is same color through out to hide scratches.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So let me ask you, if you ordered a soft top from the factory and then later purchased an aftermarket hard top and it arrived with these same issues, you would be ok with it? Not for my money.
You can't get a soft top on the 2DR and I would rather have most any hard top compared to Ford's sloppy, saggy, frumpy rag top.
A vehicle is some of it's parts. Most would agree it's a winner, or no one would want one...

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't get a soft top on the 2DR and I would rather have most any hard top compared to Ford's sloppy, saggy, frumpy rag top.
A vehicle is some of it's parts. Most would agree it's a winner, or no one would want one...
You avoided my hypothetical question. That said, I in fact wanted the soft top from the start, have been enjoying it for months, and yes, it’s a winner. Thanks.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You avoided my hypothetical question. That said, I in fact wanted the soft top from the start, have been enjoying it for months, and yes, it’s a winner. Thanks.
We can play "what if ?" all day long.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a question.

My 2.0 also has unfinished edges, guaranteed it splits like some of these examples.

It's all under warranty... Why get up in arms about it? Ford is gonna have to do something about it; warranty exists for literally this exact scenario.
From what we have seen/been told...the 2.0's were supposed to have pinched/rolled edges. Did yours come with the exposed edges?

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what we have seen/been told...the 2.0's were supposed to have pinched/rolled edges. Did yours come with the exposed edges?
Some are, but main one is not. I'll take some pics later

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ain't that the truth. I started a thread asking of people to buy another new Ford after the way Ford is dealt with this, and it's been overwhelmingly the die-hard saying they will continue to be Ford fans.

You know when you build a Jeep, and you add the top it's like $1,500. Ford is charging $700. I'll be more than happy to pay $800 extra dollars to get a better top.
I don’t have an allegiance to any company. I drove Toyota’s for 25 years- because they were reliable and had some cool models. I finally got bored with their weak (but reliable) motors and non-changing models year after year. Saw the Gladiator and really liked it. More power, more tech inside and a removable roof and doors! I’m not a Jeep guy either. I hesitated due to known issues with that brand. But I decided to try it and I love it.

I didn’t jump on the bronco day one like many here. I waited until I could do more research on it. It’s a really cool vehicle and Ford nailed a lot of things on it. Vintage mixed with modern, great tech, great options and it looks really freaking cool. But it’s not cheap. I went with the soft top because they have just butchered the hard top. Ford fans act like it’s not possible to make a removable hard top that looks great too. Well I beg to differ as my Jeep top is fantastic. The main issues with the bronco have been done before (hard tops and engines) and I have no idea why they can’t seem to get them right. By all accounts- the 2.7 has been a great reliable motor. We’ll see if those issues are real or a very small number as more Broncos get out now. But the hard top- give me a freaking break!

Ive never owned a Ford (for a good reason) but I’m very excited for my bronco in 1-3 years. But if issues keep popping up, I’ll drop it and never look back. Then we’ll see what else meets my wants and needs.

Sponsored

NotaJeep

First Edition
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some are, but main one is not. I'll take some pics later
It looks like to me the front panels have rolled edges and are 2.0. The rear is 1.0 and is having issues on mine. How did Ford think only fixing 1/2 a roof was the solution. This is really crazy.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these problems point back to Ford barely meeting a weight tolerance.

Make a robust MIC top, too heavy. Put roof racks or tailgate storage on the 2.7L 4D Badlands, too heavy. Probably why the MOD tops were delayed so long, too. Either there was a bunch of engineering left to do to make them lighter, or a bunch of engineering left to do to conclude that a higher roof weight is acceptable.

Really limits their options for addressing these roof problems.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate this type of deception. If they sprayed primer to conceal the issues aren't they destroying the nature of the MIC top? I thought its' main benefit is same color through out to hide scratches.
Ya, well, @Ford Motor Company can't hide the truth anymore. They managed to leave themselves more exposed that Pee-Wee Herman.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All these problems point back to Ford barely meeting a weight tolerance.

Make a robust MIC top, too heavy. Put roof racks or tailgate storage on the 2.7L 4D Badlands, too heavy. Probably why the MOD tops were delayed so long, too. Either there was a bunch of engineering left to do to make them lighter, or a bunch of engineering left to do to conclude that a higher roof weight is acceptable.

Really limits their options for addressing these roof problems.
Is this because Ford has never heard of Carbon Fiber???

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is this because Ford has never heard of Carbon Fiber???
Most here think these rig are already fairly expensive.
You believe consumers of this particular vehicle can
stomach adding the expense of a full Carbon fiber roof?
Sponsored