First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
(Ford is aware and in communication, so we don't need to keep pinging them)

20211026_170947.jpg

20211027_091629.jpg

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
I have a customer who took delivery of her original MIC top Bronco in August here in the Northwest and she just reported yesterday she has had no issues with it leaking or coming apart and for those that don't know we are currently dealing with "Bomb Cyclones" and an "Atmospheric River" here.
Sponsored

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugly or not, I switched my hardtop to a soft top while I was assigned a VIN back in April. Mainly because of the uncertainty around the “quick fix” Ford was attempting to implement. Didn’t trust it, still don’t trust it.

I also like how quickly the soft top can fold back.

Will be getting an aftermarket top later.

Hopefully this doesn’t further delay my build on 11/15.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be too heavy.

What I don't understand is why the MIC top is injection molded plastic and the Modular top is supposedly SMC plastic. Why not just make one hard top out of SMC and offer it either painted or molded-in-color (i.e. color impregnated SMC).
I would bet this will be the long term solution. In a few years the MIC will be dropped and all Broncos will be Mod top, with the associated hike in MSRP. For now Ford has too much riding on this to stop mid stream, again.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a customer who took delivery of her original MIC top Bronco in August here in the Northwest and she just reported yesterday she has had no issues with it leaking or coming apart and for those that don't know we are currently dealing with "Bomb Cyclones" and an "Atmospheric River" here.
Thanks for the info. Some people are kind of panicking and I keep trying to explain that this isn't the end of times. I think Ford has a lot of potential solutions that don't involve a stoppage again. I have not seen any delamination anywhere near as bad as it was with the "MIC 1.0" tops in any of these photos, though a few do look worrisome. My own issue is cosmetic at this point and more of an FYI of what to keep an eye on for people getting their new Broncos.

I think its safe to say that Ford is reusing the rear shell from the Mic 1.0 line, as we've seen examples of "MIC 2.0" tops with "MIC 1.0" stickers.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most here think these rig are already fairly expensive.
You believe consumers of this particular vehicle can
stomach adding the expense of a full Carbon fiber roof?
Ok, Ok, I'd settle for Aramid.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, question remains, how many roof components were pulled off and replaced, and of those that were pulled off, how many were "fixed" and used on other trucks?
With DM trucks now cleared off the lot (?), what is the quality of the current batch of Webasto 2.0's?
I have a 11/22 build week...
Hopefully my top isn't made from spare parts.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Some people are kind of panicking and I keep trying to explain that this isn't the end of times. I think Ford has a lot of potential solutions that don't involve a stoppage again. I have not seen any delamination anywhere near as bad as it was with the "MIC 1.0" tops in any of these photos, though a few do look worrisome. My own issue is cosmetic at this point and more of an FYI of what to keep an eye on for people getting their new Broncos.

I think its safe to say that Ford is reusing the rear shell from the Mic 1.0 line, as we've seen examples of "MIC 2.0" tops with "MIC 1.0" stickers.
What you started as a PSA has really exploded, gotta be careful what you say around here. :)

Interesting what you say about the 1.0 clamshell. That's consistent with the pics of 'freedom' panels littering Dirt Mountain. I always thought that was strange: to leave the little easily disposed of parts there and taking the big chunk back to MAP to deal with, this would explain it. However, most the pics and the ones I've seen in person the clamshell has always looked worse than the panels...so...?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weather terms have gotten more wild than I remember. "Bomb Cyclones", "Polar Vortex". I kind of feel like weather folks need to lay off the sci-fi.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you started as a PSA has really exploded, gotta be careful what you say around here. :)

Interesting what you say about the 1.0 clamshell. That's consistent with the pics of 'freedom' panels littering Dirt Mountain. I always thought that was strange: to leave the little easily disposed of parts there and taking the big chunk back to MAP to deal with, this would explain it. However, most the pics and the ones I've seen in person the clamshell has always looked worse than the panels...so...?
Yeah. I did a few PSA'S concerning little issues I've found, but this one went crazy. Nothing major so far. The tire pressure being crazy high was actually the more annoying one. Apparently there have been several members post the same prior to mine but didn't gain any traction.

Everyone breathe! It's gonna work out. :)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it gonna work out? Please, let me know when... I still don't have a Bronco from early Aug, and some Broncos from June are still not delivered. That's not working out very well for many of us.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it gonna work out? Please, let me know when... I still don't have a Bronco from early Aug, and some Broncos from June are still not delivered. That's not working out very well for many of us.
Sorry, I was talking to everyone else. You're on your own. :ROFLMAO:

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weather terms have gotten more wild than I remember. "Bomb Cyclones", "Polar Vortex". I kind of feel like weather folks need to lay off the sci-fi.
Inclement weather is becoming more inclement every year.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Snowpocalypse"

Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc