Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm hoping that most of the MY'21 issues are sorted by the time my MY'22 is built. Since I hit most of the constrained options (Wildtrak, MIC, Lux) could be quite some time. Time to throw some money in my Commander!
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Some people are kind of panicking and I keep trying to explain that this isn't the end of times. I think Ford has a lot of potential solutions that don't involve a stoppage again. I have not seen any delamination anywhere near as bad as it was with the "MIC 1.0" tops in any of these photos, though a few do look worrisome. My own issue is cosmetic at this point and more of an FYI of what to keep an eye on for people getting their new Broncos.

I think its safe to say that Ford is reusing the rear shell from the Mic 1.0 line, as we've seen examples of "MIC 2.0" tops with "MIC 1.0" stickers.
Yeah, sounds like MIC 1.1 clamshells (i.e., 1.0 with an extra layer sprayed on) ... which is new news to know about.

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you think the clamshell is too large for the machines to roll the edges like the new panels? It would help understand what is happening if owners would post that have a new process clamshell.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think the clamshell is too large for the machines to roll the edges like the new panels? It would help understand what is happening if owners would post that have a new process clamshell.
It appears that the edge isn't getting the plastic it needs to form a good seam. You can see just the faintest whiff of plastic over the exposed internal structure (brown stuff).

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seeing how all these people are having issues with their Bronco's makes me glad I stuck with Jeep. I personally dont like or am a fan of the bronco but I do hope that it gets fixed soon so you all can enjoy the open air that ford promised.
thats cool. Enjoy your next break down and tow when your auxiliary battery suddenly dies and your vehicle will not jump. Or perhaps when your electric steering freezes up driving down a mountain pass or turning in a busy intersection. I’ll take the crappy top issue.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

thats cool. Enjoy your next break down and tow when your auxiliary battery suddenly dies and your vehicle will not jump. Or perhaps when your electric steering freezes up driving down a mountain pass or turning in a busy intersection. I’ll take the crappy top issue.
Someone’s a little salty today

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also may I add at least I was able to order a ‘21 and get it and not have to wait until 2023-2024…just saying…plus I got mine above allocation with no issues. Ford needs to regroup before trying to create a Bronco Raptor too.

Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just flipped my order to that lovely soft top and will purchase an after market hard top or the Ford Mod if they make them.

Sounds like the soft top line is shorter too.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, what are the issues other than cosmetic? If the aftermarket top failed to meet my operational expectations, I'd return it or work a warranty claim.
If you’re ok with an ugly ass top- that’s your prerogative. Others aren’t. It may be perfectly functional (we don’t know yet long term). It looks cheap as crap. To each their own.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? An edge between two panels that everyone' s pics so far has required sticking the camera 5 inches away and in the right lighting and angle to see?

LOL.
Yep. It looks cheap as hell.
Sponsored