Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how the warranty claims will work out? MIC 2.0 replaced by MIC 2.0 with the same issues as 1.0 and 2.0? Will 3.0 be the same crappy top? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yeah, I don't see Ford replacing all the 2021 hard tops or upgrading everyone to MOD for free.

Maybe that would be the right thing to do since this top is such a dog, but that doesn't seem financially feasible to me.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Step 1 is we need Ford to acknowledge that the issues with the top go beyond the "cosmetic". Let's see the TSB about the leaking (not just the A pillar, but something that covers the people whose roofs are leaking all over their center console).

Great truck, but they botched the roofs.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford MIC top is no cheaper than Jeep. The difference is the Ford soft top is more than Jeep, making the "upgrade" fees a little less than Jeep.
Certainly not anymore... and it's getting more expensive for them every damn day.

crakerjac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if it would be easier for @Ford Motor Company to create a 'permanently attached' roof like they did with the 5th gen bronco? While not ideal, I'd take a roof I cant (easily) remove over a loud/leaky roof.

Last edited:

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they also aware of the creaking that's occurring similar to the 1.0? I had that happen to me the other day when it got really cold. It stopped when the temperature raised for a bit, but that tells me I'm in for a noisy winter...
Yeah, me too. I started hearing the creaking last night since the temperature has dropped. The thermal expansion between various pieces is undergoing the "stick/slip" phenomenon. I hope it doesn't get too bad! We'll see what happens when it's 15° with the heaters starting up, etc.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think mine was starting to creak a little before I pulled it off. I thought it was the tailgate, but it's gone with my soft top on.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a friend at Webasto, supposedly they are in fact prototyping making the Modular Top. I'm not sure if several companies are pursuing it as well but that's very interesting. I actually would suspect that company could very well be a supplier if they got the chance.
But, but, but, we were told by reliable sources the Mod top contract was pulled from Webasto and another company was working on it, the source was someone you and I both know.

Is Webasto doing it on their own dime, trying to earn the business back?

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soft top is the best of the best of the best sir.

What has the soft top been like so far? I'm debating whether to switch or not, but I don't have a garage and it gets cold here. :unsure:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But, but, but, we were told by reliable sources the Mod top contract was pulled from Webasto and another company was working on it, the source was someone you and I both know.

Is Webasto doing it on their own dime, trying to earn the business back?
If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, i'm 100% on board!

Roscoes chicken and waffles, right? They know from a good roof over your head while enjoying those fine waffle and chicken bites!

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen any new information regarding the Modular Painted Top? Because I selected that option, my order is code 99 until it is available. I checked the 2022 Build and Price. The Modular Painted top is not an option for that year. That makes me fearful that I will need to wait until Q4 2022 to officially place my order, if even then.

Just weighing my options. I would consider an MIC top if the issues were resolved, but it seems to still be work in progress.

We checked all the boxes, so I am reluctant to pay that much for a vehicle that has roof issues.

Thanks.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some sort of top will be out by 2023. If not, the redesigned 4Runner due out in 15 months may be a better choice for those that do not want a soft top Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Has anyone seen any new information regarding the Modular Painted Top? Because I selected that option, my order is code 99 until it is available. I checked the 2022 Build and Price. The Modular Painted top is not an option for that year. That makes me fearful that I will need to wait until Q4 2022 to officially place my order, if even then.

Just weighing my options. I would consider an MIC top if the issues were resolved, but it seems to still be work in progress.

We checked all the boxes, so I am reluctant to pay that much for a vehicle that has roof issues.

Thanks.
I'm also interested in any new details about the Modular Painted Top. I would go base with MIC and upgrade to the MOD top later, but the MIC issues still exist. What will be the cost to buy a MOD top later?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks.
My thought exactly. It bothers me to think I’ll spend $60k on a vehicle knowing that the top is probably going to leak. I also checked all the boxes hoping I don’t get built until they resolve the MIC issues 🤞.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks.
The mod top was announced as delayed until MY23 a long time ago. Nothing has changed.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm also interested in any new details about the Modular Painted Top. I would go base with MIC and upgrade to the MOD top later, but the MIC issues still exist. What will be the cost to buy a MOD top later?
I thought there was a thread where someone mentioned purchasing an MIC after the fact was crazy expensive (like $6k to the dealer).

So I don't know how much the MOD would be, but chances are none of us would buy it especially if aftermarket came to the rescue.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I don't see Ford replacing all the 2021 hard tops or upgrading everyone to MOD for free.

Maybe that would be the right thing to do since this top is such a dog, but that doesn't seem financially feasible to me.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Step 1 is we need Ford to acknowledge that the issues with the top go beyond the "cosmetic". Let's see the TSB about the leaking (not just the A pillar, but something that covers the people whose roofs are leaking all over their center console).

Great truck, but they botched the roofs.
3 weeks in and the MIC 2.0 is showing cosmetic issues. 😢 😠

67C15B8F-7FCD-45FE-862E-9AF0A016148E.jpeg

DEABBFF6-A1CD-47A7-B95C-CB091B43A36D.jpeg

DB1DA27C-BA05-4DD6-B423-09F36E13E867.jpeg

D8FCBA46-B035-42A2-8857-0E5E255A1660.jpeg

1C5C44E4-8133-443F-85FD-C1B537AC542C.jpeg

E9B08AE6-66FA-4124-BA48-CD3CA3B3B7BA.jpeg
Sponsored