Sponsored

Bad news today… Got a call. Damaged in transport.

OP
OP
FNDUCKEDUP

FNDUCKEDUP

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 & 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well that sux. Did anyone say how this happened?
Nope! Salesman couldn’t tell me how it happened. It’s currently back in Michigan…
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope! Salesman couldn’t tell me how it happened. It’s currently back in Michigan…

I wish you luck John, and hope they get it back to you soon.

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is quite a bit for transport, makes me wonder if somebody was having some fun.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This happens more than you think and it has nothing to do with ford.

For example Audi US employees who are eligible for a company car actually pick from damaged cars caused by transporting them from Germany. Every six months they get a list of cars to pick from.

How the fuck does this keep happing a d why isent ford changing carriers at this point or doing something no way would I take delivery of a da bed bronco if mine shows like that they glowing to have to order me another don’t care how long it takes

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hmmm, you sure that wanst damaged in "joy ride"? what does mileage say?

thats a low blow to the bumper that should not happen on a transit truck when moving vehicles at low speed.

May I assume the transit company damaged it....aka "joy ride"?
Does anyone know if airbags went off. If it was being driven I would expect this unless in 4 low and bypassed. My thought is someone or something ran into it while stationary.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know, if it was an option, and they'd knock off the destination charge, I might just go pick up my Bronco in Michigan. It would be a nice drive back to LA, and I have a little time off now. I was supposed to be wheeling my Bronco end of summer...
That was my plan!
I live in Georgia, my dealer is 11 miles from MAP!

But of course I’m in the Bad Batch Club!

Ford Bronco Bad news today… Got a call. Damaged in transport. 109CD456-60DE-48F7-8535-1B650218DABB

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may not be the appropriate time and place.... but all i can think of is HOT DAMN, Race Red looks amazing even when the car is all smashed up!

Sorry about your rig. Hope they get you a brand new one ASAP.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These bumpers are pretty sturdy, that was one think I checked when I saw some in person. Nice solid beefy feel to them. Of course they aren’t 1/4” plate though. So would have been a decent impact to cause that.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, sorry to hear this happened. It’s good that they told you and were open about it, however it doesn’t make it any better I suppose. Hopefully this doesn’t show up on your CarFax, but I would imagine it would. I would hope you could get a priority build to replace this - Although there will be a bit of a wait, at least you’d get one that hasn’t been damaged.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's gonna buff right out!

Seriously though, I would get it on a frame machine and if anything is not where it is supposed to be, I would reject delivery... Period. Because it is a salvage title at that point, regardless of whether or not the they document/title the vehicle as new.

A blown motor is not a reason to request a new chassis, but this certainly is! I am surprised that the airbags didn't go off. This unfortunately is a 100% reject until it can be shown that there is no frame damage.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this is the third one I’ve seen with damage in that exact area. I’d like to know what the deal is? Also they hit something hard as fuck. My dealer told me their zone rep smoked a deer at 70mph and it was just a little dent on the bumper.
Nah, hit a deer at 70 miles per hour and it just dented the bumper? Lol. No way. The zone rep was totally BS'ing your dealer.

Val916

Wildtrak
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never seen a single Ranger have these transport issues like the Bronco has. Looks like Ford cant even find a competent transporter now.
My sport got delivered to the dealer with a caved in roof and like you pointed out, damage is happening way too much, its ridiculous. I have bought or leased several cars from Ford and never had even a scratch on any of them in transport. In fact the day after I picked up my Mustang I had it shipped across the country to California and it arrived perfect. How the hell does this kind of damage happen???? It’s ridiculous, someone needs to be held accountable.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish that everyone posting shipping damage would include the transmission selection. Standard or auto. I’m just speculating there could be a connection. Does anyone else think the emergency brake is not easily mastered.?
Sponsored