Sponsored

Bad news today… Got a call. Damaged in transport.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My sport got delivered to the dealer with a caved in roof and like you pointed out, damage is happening way too much, its ridiculous. I have bought or leased several cars from Ford and never had even a scratch on any of them in transport. In fact the day after I picked up my Mustang I had it shipped across the country to California and it arrived perfect. How the hell does this kind of damage happen???? It’s ridiculous, someone needs to be held accountable.
We have a labor shortage, and specifically a truck driver shortage. Nobody will be held accountable as they can’t be replaced.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you have the tow package?

OP
OP
FNDUCKEDUP

FNDUCKEDUP

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 & 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish that everyone posting shipping damage would include the transmission selection. Standard or auto. I’m just speculating there could be a connection. Does anyone else think the emergency brake is not easily mastered.?
Automatic

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update: Bronco still hasn’t come in after the repairs. Still waiting - haven’t given up yet…
Wow...

@Ford Motor Company will be by soon to congratulate you on your delivery...

I feel for you... this isn't the experience anyone should have. I have been tremendously lucky so far. Seriously, given everything, I am amazed that my Bronco even starts!!!

SkinzfanVa

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got a call yesterday from my dealer that my bronco was damaged both front and rear bumpers during transport. When they called, the bumpers were apparently replaced and a local ford dealer (not the one I am buying the bronco from) and vehicle was sent back to rail yard ( not sure why ). They did mention that the bronco was left in neutral ( I have an automatic). The dealer wants to make this right and has offered to replace the bronco under high priority. They stated I could buy the existing bronco and trade it in once the new bronco arrived which means new financing, which also means a possible increase in the interest rate and so forth. Not sure what to do...my main concern is if there is frame and intercooler damage and if this damage will be reported on Carfax. I would think down the road, that would affect selling price...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got a call yesterday from my dealer that my bronco was damaged both front and rear bumpers during transport. When they called, the bumpers were apparently replaced and a local ford dealer (not the one I am buying the bronco from) and vehicle was sent back to rail yard ( not sure why ). They did mention that the bronco was left in neutral ( I have an automatic). The dealer wants to make this right and has offered to replace the bronco under high priority. They stated I could buy the existing bronco and trade it in once the new bronco arrived which means new financing, which also means a possible increase in the interest rate and so forth. Not sure what to do...my main concern is if there is frame and intercooler damage and if this damage will be reported on Carfax. I would think down the road, that would affect selling price...
Did they provide you with any pictures of the damage or explain why the Bronco was delivered to a different dealership... That sounds sketchy AF and also I would want to know what the whole story was before I made any decisions.

SkinzfanVa

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spoke to the general manager yesterday and he stated that is "possibly" where Ford directed the rail yard to take the Bronco. What else did not make sense is that the Bronco was sent back to rail yard after it was fixed even though my dealership is only 30 minutes away from the other dealership. The dealership found out the 23rd and notified me the 27th. Supposed to be here end of week so at that point, I will check the vehicle out but I am heavily leaning towards just having another one built under a high priority code which was an option given. I am numb to everything at this point. Hope to get some photos from the sales person.
Sponsored