First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if I had sport mode, I'd run it most of the time because I'm sure its fun, however id put it back into 2H just bc.
I added Sport to my '23 Badlands via Forscan and use it frequently. Definitely a fun and different driving experience.
Sponsored

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is it a bad thing to run in sport mode all the time? Should you use regular 2wd for maximum milagege? Will running sport mode cause extra wear and tear on the transfer case?

I am having this discussion with my brother and he says his mechanic says running the sport modeon your Bronco is not the same as an all wheel drive car and can wear out your transfer case prematurely.
Options and facts please I need educated on this please. I like sport mode!
Bad on your wallet? yes
Good on your mental health? Also yes!

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sport mode on the brapter is 2H, I find it wakes up the truck but the hyper aggressive downshifting as you come to a stop is REALLY annoying.... I'm constantly on the upshift paddle as I slow down to prevent it from banging gears.
I DO wonder what long term effects of hyper aggressive down shifting will be....

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I added Sport to my '23 Badlands via Forscan and use it frequently. Definitely a fun and different driving experience.
i know, ive thought about it, as well as forscan for other option, just haven't thrown in. wish someone local had it, id buy t whatever and work with them

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i know, ive thought about it, as well as forscan for other option, just haven't thrown in. wish someone local had it, id buy t whatever and work with them
I was VERY hesitant, and strongly considered paying for the remote service via Pandaworks (links can be found be just searching the threads on this site). I ended up watching (and re-watching) a video someone posted in another thread (this is the youtube link: ) and afterwards felt confident enough to try it. Was a bit nerve-racking, but was actually pretty simple. Only mods I did were to add Sport mode (awesome!), remove double-honk when exiting car with key in pocket while still running, and added Bambi mode (ability to use fog lights with high beams). All three were simple after watching above video.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only drive in Sport mode, unless I'm offroading.

If I wanted better MPG's, I'd get myself a Toyota:
Ford Bronco Bad to run in Sport Mode all the time? 1680193792654

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On streets, Sport Mode 4A. On highway, Normal Mode 2A.

If you add Power Distribution to your MyView Screen, you’ll see how often power is distributed to all four wheels, which isn’t very often. In my case, it’s usually only when accelerating from a stop.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wish I could find the right Forscan settings to set it to default or stay in Sport 2 hi all the time until “I “ change it.
It’s always asking me questions!
When I turn it on, I have found a lot of settings in Forscan to turn things off that I hate so I’m down, determined to figure it out!!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shouldn't we be running in rock mode if we're on asphalt? I mean, asphalt is nothing more than a bunch of rocks so it's the most logical mode. Sport mode is for doing donuts on the high school football field, where they do sports.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My sport mode sucks. I get binding all the time. I know, I know, need to take it to the dealership, but I don't have time at the moment and not really keen on the dealers not knowing the goings on of the Bronco.

Sponsored

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sport mode on the brapter is 2H, I find it wakes up the truck but the hyper aggressive downshifting as you come to a stop is REALLY annoying.... I'm constantly on the upshift paddle as I slow down to prevent it from banging gears.
I DO wonder what long term effects of hyper aggressive down shifting will be....
Sport mode is a NIGHTMARE in LA stop and go traffic (I have to drive through that war zone to get to the mountains). When it gets really bad i have to put it back in normal - shifts are tolerable then.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So is it a bad thing to run in sport mode all the time? Should you use regular 2wd for maximum milagege? Will running sport mode cause extra wear and tear on the transfer case?

I am having this discussion with my brother and he says his mechanic says running the sport modeon your Bronco is not the same as an all wheel drive car and can wear out your transfer case prematurely.
Options and facts please I need educated on this please. I like sport mode!
There is a youtube video of a mechanic who is working on a transfer case from a sasquatch Bronco and is saying the clutches wore out in the T case because of running it in 4H in Sport mode? I would switch to 2H in Sport on pavement to be safe...no reason to run in 4H on dry pavement.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_20220614_222855.jpg

Gas mileage is ok too, not my best, but sustained 75+ mph (including gas/restroom stop) through the Texas hill country.
I was like 22.5 MPG, HOWWWW???

Then I remembered I'm running 37s. When you have tires that weigh 89 lbs each you really don't get good MPG, lucky to get 15 most of the time...

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a youtube video of a mechanic who is working on a transfer case from a sasquatch Bronco and is saying the clutches wore out in the T case because of running it in 4H in Sport mode? I would switch to 2H in Sport on pavement to be safe...no reason to run in 4H on dry pavement.
Usually other stuff starts breaking if you're running in 4H on dry pavement all the time, like u-joints or CV's. But 4H doesn't wear clutches, it's a mechanical engagement as opposed to clutched. 4A utilizes electronic clutch engagement and that's what sport mode defaults to. 4A is basically AWD, so saying it's bad on the clutches to run in 4A on pavement is basically saying full time AWD cars are always in the shop getting clutches replaced because they're using AWD on dry pavement. It only engages the front drive when it's needed, so unless you're in the habit of spinning tires or flooring it everywhere you go, the clutches rarely even engage.
Sponsored