Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't fathom spending thousands for a RTT. Especially when you see how basic they are from watching them assemble one of these things.

Right now I'm looking at two palatable options.

Ford Bronco Badass MOLLE vs Inspired Overland badass-packout-molle-tent

One is a 2022 Badass MOLLE XL. It was purchased by someone locally and never used. Apparently they couldn't measure correctly. Suppose to still be in the wrapper. It should be roomy, lightweight, mattress is suppose to suck but I have a 3in mattress to help. They are asking $1400 (I suspect they paid $2k) and it hasn't sold for quite a while on FB Marketplace.

(This is for the 2023 model, although I don't know what the differences are). https://badasstents.com/product/packout-molle-tent-pmt-rooftop-tent-high-capacity/

I don't see a lot of reviews for the Badass tents. I see a ton of videos from the company.

Ford Bronco Badass MOLLE vs Inspired Overland 3rd_Gen_01-sized

The other option is the Inspired Overland tent. It's smaller and lighter. The sleeping pad is suppose to be better. Reviews are pretty favorable.

https://inspiredoverland.com/products/io-lightweight-rooftop-tent/

I am going on a road trip in June and it would be feasible for me to pick it up from them down in the Bay Area for $1300.

My specs: 4 door Badlands with Hooke roof rack. I will be sleeping solo so if I need to go at an angle it's doable. I'm 5'9" so length is not as much a factor.

I like the the Badass is made in USA (I really don't think the IOI is) and that it's built from standard components. But it concerns me the lack of reviews for the BA.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no experience with either but based on the descriptions I'm leaning towards the BadAss. Looks a bit more roomy and user friendly. Rainfly also looks to be better design.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect the market is still small for expensive tents so there aren't a lot of people reviewing them.
Sponsored