Sponsored

Badass Roof Top Tent + full length roof rack!

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These things are a pain to use. I can only imagine some pretty rare instances where they are the best option. Getting into and out of is rough - especially if you need to take a leak at night.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

looks good! I like the full length roof rails that allow 1st and 2nd row removal! 500lb rating too.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really can't see those cardboard wrapped in resin hardtops being able to support a tent and a 200lb man

Sponsored
OP
OP
MOBroncoSTL

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really can't see those cardboard wrapped in resin hardtops being able to support a tent and a 200lb man
Sir, are you calling me fat? :D I'll have you know I was 199# this morning, not kidding. I assume the roof rack is not attached to the cardboard roof. Obviously it is not in the front. Since you can take the entire roof off and the rails can stay on I assume it is attached to the metal rail in the back as well. I don't care how much hate is thrown at the rtt, I am really stoked about it. Some people really like it and after too many disasters on the ground, it is just what I WANT, lol. If I learn my lesson the hard way, (how it usually goes), I'm pretty sure I will be able to recoup some of the cost since I can't seem to find used ones for sale anywhere. Haven't looked in a while though.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sir, are you calling me fat? :D I'll have you know I was 199# this morning, not kidding. I assume the roof rack is not attached to the cardboard roof. Obviously it is not in the front. Since you can take the entire roof off and the rails can stay on I assume it is attached to the metal rail in the back as well. I don't care how much hate is thrown at the rtt, I am really stoked about it. Some people really like it and after too many disasters on the ground, it is just what I WANT, lol. If I learn my lesson the hard way, (how it usually goes), I'm pretty sure I will be able to recoup some of the cost since I can't seem to find used ones for sale anywhere. Haven't looked in a while though.
Absolutely not, you're a lightweight. I'm 220. I was just going by what I guesstimated to be average male weight.

I hope it works out for you, if it does, I only have to shed 20. :)

OP
OP
MOBroncoSTL

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely not, you're a lightweight. I'm 220. I was just going by what I guesstimated to be average male weight.

I hope it works out for you, it does, I only have to shed 20. :)
Lol and thanks. IF I ever get my Bronco and IF I ever rationalize and justify a rtt, I will be hopefully able to give an object review on all things involved from a mostly new to all of it perspective.

Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These things are a pain to use. I can only imagine some pretty rare instances where they are the best option. Getting into and out of is rough - especially if you need to take a leak at night.
We've been liking ours. Easy to pitch, easy to stow, excellent protection when the weather turns.

And yeah, taking at piss at night sucks regardless where your sleeping bag is. That's life brother.

I'm psyched about the BA rack!

Ford Bronco Badass Roof Top Tent + full length roof rack! JwSIexL

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 100% certain I would fall off a rtt and die at 0330 while having to pee.
I prefer a cot. Roll over, unzip bag, pee, zip bag and back to sleep without even having to stand up.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to see there are more options coming out. I’m still looking for a crossbar only product with no side rails to use occasionally on the MIC hard top.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model