Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just received my "full" length rack from Badass tents today. I will be doing a thorough review next week covering unboxing, assembly, construction, quality, modularity, compatibility, ease of use, etc. with pics and video.
Sponsored

Barlos

Base
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it but on the next version please ad 4 holes or integrated hooks for the storage crane, now that will be a big seller.

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
He means he wouldn't want to place a bunch of cargo directly on the MIC top.
THAT part I understood. But the Ford rack is also "floor-less", so why the criticism? Seems silly...if you have that concern, then you would add a floor or basket - JUST LIKE YOU HAVE TO DO WITH THE FORD RACK. :rolleyes:

I like the rack - good option for the 2dr hardtops.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A coupon code would make me order one, just so I can say I got a deal.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

ElPasoBronc

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a short rack and would like to use a small cargo carrier. I think it would hold up weight wise, but my concern is if the MIC roof top will hold up from the wind pushing against the cargo top.

2213D953-A20E-4A9D-A6A4-332C0D0F12AC.jpeg

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This can't be emphasized enough. A failure on Ford's part in design of the MIC for the 2-dr. So many want just a short rack without committing to the OEM rails just like Ford showed off with the Fishing Concept Bronco.

Having the rear clam shell with cargo rack and being able to install the Sunrider is what I and many others want.
I think the reason the 4 door has 2 rear attachment points is because it's that much further rearward from the front anchor point compared to the 2 door 🤷

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Already posted this on another thread, but I installed my Badass Rents rear rack last week, along with the Yakima platform. Very happy with it.

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_2895
Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_2891
Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_2892
Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_2899

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Already posted this on another thread, but I installed my Badass Rents rear rack last week, along with the Yakima platform. Very happy with it.

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_2899
Ford or an aftermarket supplier really need to come up with one of those opening soft tops for the first two rows, not just the front.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford or an aftermarket supplier really need to come up with one of those opening soft tops for the first two rows, not just the front.
I think @Bestop_Team is working on it. Personally I just wanted the front row, but it would be cool for people to have a choice.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If there was one for both rows one would have get out of the vehicle to open and close it similar to a full soft top.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If there was one for both rows one would have get out of the vehicle to open and close it similar to a full soft top.
Yes I assumed the overall mechanism would function the same or very similarly to the soft top.

Palmermc

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.markpalmer-design.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Nice setup! Do you happen to have any photos from the side and/or standing a bit farther back from the vehicle?

I’m also curious about how the Yakima platform mounts to the Badass rack.
Sponsored