First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's GOT to fit on a 2D, right? I love the look - that's what I want on my 2D.
2D doesn’t have 4 mounting points like this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good option.... side note if you go full rack and want to swap to short rack then you may need the 2 additional inserts they send with the short rack. This is where the long rack connects but without the long rails the space is void on the short rack without the inserts. They show it in the install video as reference.
I got the full rack in black. Ordered 12/24. Delivered 3/1. Installed tonight. I'll get better pictures in the AM, but it was a sub-1 hour install. Wind deflector and tent are being delivered tomorrow. I can confirm if you order the full, you have the parts to convert to the short...

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_9290.JPG
Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_9293.JPG

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_9291.JPG

OP
OP

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got the full rack in black. Ordered 12/24. Delivered 3/1. Installed tonight. I'll get better pictures in the AM, but it was a sub-1 hour install. Wind deflector and tent are being delivered tomorrow. I can confirm if you order the full, you have the parts to convert to the short...

Ford Bronco Badass Tents Rear Half Roof Rack installed on 4-Door Bronco MIC Top IMG_9291.JPG

Good follow up, thanks for confirming. I may just order extension to be able to use it as full rack if needed. Nice to have option of switching back and forth fairly easy. Looks good 👍

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here are some shots for those looking at the option.... no issues so far besides fedex scratching the brackets lol

Badass Tents team has been great on communication and customer service for any issues as well.

I was literally wondering when someone was going to come up with a rear only rail system. Looks great!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you need to have all six crossbars on, or is that only to achieve the full utility and weight rating of the rack? Also it looks like there's room for a relatively low profile light bar to mount up front without sticking up above the plane of the rack - does that look right to you?

Sponsored

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How is the quality and fit?
Any noise increase at Highway speed?
Any pictures in daylight?

Thanks!

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might go that route since they use 8020 (https://8020.net/) for the cross members. Opens the door for a lot of possibilities for doing unique things.

Thank you for sharing!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Re

Really? There aren't 4 cut outs on the 2dr rear cap? Ive never seen one (a 2dr hardtop) so i wouldn't know. Thats a serious design deficit . . . Even Ford's own prototypes had plans for a rear cap only roof rack. That would mean you would have to thru-bolt attachments for a rear cap rack. See photo.

Serious design flaw, and someone said that cap is longer than the 4dr making it even more useful with a rear roof rack!
Definite design flaw with the 2-dr MIC. I'm hoping that the 2-dr Modular HT has that oversight corrected.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sun just came up... will get pictures and assess wind noise in a couple of hours.
And I really want to know if it's true that you can remove all the panels with the roof rack on. This is on my buy list assuming I actually get a Bronco.

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes this is what I'm talking about! Now they need to release a front bar (with and without integrated light bar) that attaches to the forward mounts above the windshield. That way you can still attach longer items like skiis, kayaks, canoes, etc. without sacrificing the ability to take off the roof panels.
This is exactly what I am looking for! I think it should be not difficult, just a rear bar in the back and one up front using the mounts above the windshield for kayaks.

OP
OP

Lucks

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And I really want to know if it's true that you can remove all the panels with the roof rack on. This is on my buy list assuming I actually get a Bronco.
With exception to rear of course...

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes this is what I'm talking about! Now they need to release a front bar (with and without integrated light bar) that attaches to the forward mounts above the windshield. That way you can still attach longer items like skiis, kayaks, canoes, etc. without sacrificing the ability to take off the roof panels.
I really don't understand why this is taking so long for someone to figure out

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not want to use the MIC top as a floor for the cargo.
I don't understand your comment? It is the same as the factory roof rack - no floor on that either?
Do you mean that Ford's rack attaches to the front windshield frame? The back half attaches to the MIC top in the same way Ford's rack attaches.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't understand your comment? It is the same as the factory roof rack - no floor on that either?
Do you mean that Ford's rack attaches to the front windshield frame? The back half attaches to the MIC top in the same way Ford's rack attaches.
He means he wouldn't want to place a bunch of cargo directly on the MIC top.
Sponsored