First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I picked up my Bronco Badsquatch this past Monday, no markup, about $1k under msrp, and was sooo excited to get her home after waiting 8 months since ordering and knowing how many fine folks are in queue waiting for much longer than me for theirs.

The first things I did to mine was apply paint sealant, spray everywhere underneath with rust proof spray, and make some custom mud flaps for the front wheels. I'm not a fan of the way mud flaps typically look however after seeing some horror stories on this forum and knowing how many gravel roads I traverse decided they were necessary. Here are the finished mud flaps, they cost about $80 for the flaps and hardware:

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails E7BD4898-AAC0-4C1B-95D4-6FDC4020A2B2

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 13C4672A-6280-4501-A8B8-91C2DC376202

Next was to take some more learned info from this forum and unlock sport mode and turn off the double honk when exiting the vehicle with a key while it's running (super annoying when off roading). Forscan (foreskin as my wife calls it) is such a great tool and really lucky we have this. Sport mode is an awesome mode and I love how responsive the right foot gets and the transmissions more aggressive shifting but I won't get into that much till the truck has a few more kilometres on it. I also moved my 70Mai pro dashcam from my Jeep to the Bronco.

This thing (2.7) is not fast off the line in first gear, but second gear onwards hauls butt and it has plenty of grunt even fully loaded up with us, recovery gear, and three dogs.

The B&O stereo is great and I can't see myself ever wanting more and I grew up in the car stereo competition scene, have built many car stereo systems over the years, and have no complaints here for a factory system.

A few more build items: I'm still waiting on the hood protector and some Rhino D6 side steps which are at my sisters across the border. Also will be installing the rear fold down table this week. Last thing I'm waiting on is the Panda power module to be shipped.

We got to take our Bronco off road for the first time today and got some pics and dash cam footage. I only make these videos to share with friends and family once in a while as I don't like to live through a camera. This forum has been like a family for quite a long time now though so I'll share some of the pics and video here too 😉.

This is a very easy trail so long as the ice isn't too bad and today we only used 4 high with the sway bar disconnected when going slower. The tires were aired down to 23psi which gave us tons of grip and a pretty smooth ride. We did use the sliders underneath on a few large unseen rocks and this can be heard on one of the clips but looking underneath when we got back home there wasn't anything interesting there. Also ice buildup makes the proximity sensors go haywire but fortunately there's a disable button. Here's the footage for your enjoyment:

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 3DC928F5-2CEE-4E4E-B5A1-28CDD2E78A8B

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 51A45B09-60B0-4F60-A49C-E4A78D0FC43F

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 82D425B0-3CE8-4796-AF75-97B3993AB26A

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 13BA39F5-977C-4DBE-B836-5F2DF5865277

Oh yeah and almost everyone we passed on the way back from the end of the trail was smiling and waving, lots of friendly folks out today - cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
internationlriders

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went out again this past weekend back to the same area for a fire with some friends. When the snow and wind stopped after getting a nice fire going it was perfect!

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails BroncoGhostDec2021

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went out again this past weekend back to the same area for a fire with some friends. When the snow and wind stopped after getting a nice fire going it was perfect!

that is a bad ass picture

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I picked up my Bronco Badsquatch this past Monday, no markup, about $1k under msrp, and was sooo excited to get her home after waiting 8 months since ordering and knowing how many fine folks are in queue waiting for much longer than me for theirs.

The first things I did to mine was apply paint sealant, spray everywhere underneath with rust proof spray, and make some custom mud flaps for the front wheels. I'm not a fan of the way mud flaps typically look however after seeing some horror stories on this forum and knowing how many gravel roads I traverse decided they were necessary. Here are the finished mud flaps, they cost about $80 for the flaps and hardware:

Next was to take some more learned info from this forum and unlock sport mode and turn off the double honk when exiting the vehicle with a key while it's running (super annoying when off roading). Forscan (foreskin as my wife calls it) is such a great tool and really lucky we have this. Sport mode is an awesome mode and I love how responsive the right foot gets and the transmissions more aggressive shifting but I won't get into that much till the truck has a few more kilometres on it. I also moved my 70Mai pro dashcam from my Jeep to the Bronco.

This thing (2.7) is not fast off the line in first gear, but second gear onwards hauls butt and it has plenty of grunt even fully loaded up with us, recovery gear, and three dogs.

The B&O stereo is great and I can't see myself ever wanting more and I grew up in the car stereo competition scene, have built many car stereo systems over the years, and have no complaints here for a factory system.

A few more build items: I'm still waiting on the hood protector and some Rhino D6 side steps which are at my sisters across the border. Also will be installing the rear fold down table this week. Last thing I'm waiting on is the Panda power module to be shipped.

We got to take our Bronco off road for the first time today and got some pics and dash cam footage. I only make these videos to share with friends and family once in a while as I don't like to live through a camera. This forum has been like a family for quite a long time now though so I'll share some of the pics and video here too 😉.

This is a very easy trail so long as the ice isn't too bad and today we only used 4 high with the sway bar disconnected when going slower. The tires were aired down to 23psi which gave us tons of grip and a pretty smooth ride. We did use the sliders underneath on a few large unseen rocks and this can be heard on one of the clips but looking underneath when we got back home there wasn't anything interesting there. Also ice buildup makes the proximity sensors go haywire but fortunately there's a disable button. Here's the footage for your enjoyment:

Oh yeah and almost everyone we passed on the way back from the end of the trail was smiling and waving, lots of friendly folks out today - cheers!

Dude, you're making up for lost time! Way to get out there an have some fun!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sick!! can you share how you got the mudflaps sorted? what did you buy etc etc

Sponsored
OP
OP
internationlriders

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sick!! can you share how you got the mudflaps sorted? what did you buy etc etc
Yep so I bought some generic large mudflaps from a local auto store, and some hardware from Home Depot. This is basically what I all got: a piece of square tube and a piece of flat bar. The bolts holding the square tube to the frame 3/8 x 2" with some flat and locking washers (2 per side), and the bolts holding the mud flap in place between the flat bar and square tube are 1/4 x 1.5" with locking washers. I painted it all black including the bolt heads exposed on the outside of the flaps. If you look inside the plastic fender there is a half circle hump of plastic - I screwed the top of the mudflap into that with a black auto screw.

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 70049F8A-882A-48B0-9082-67839541BF93

These bolts 1/4 x 1.25" were my first attempt and were too short so I swapped them for the 1/4 x 1.5"
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails B85C7265-567D-4611-8974-DA9238015661

These bolts were a bit too long so I cut them off flush after installation took make sure the tires wouldn't come anywhere near on full turn.
Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails AD41353E-6D82-4CFA-A725-606D0F8A18AA

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 534AA3BF-58E0-42A4-8931-17DFC6736B42

I hope this helps, I always like coming up with DIY solutions whenever easily possible :)

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep so I bought some generic large mudflaps from a local auto store, and some hardware from Home Depot. This is basically what I all got: a piece of square tube and a piece of flat bar. The bolts holding the square tube to the frame 3/8 x 2" with some flat and locking washers (2 per side), and the bolts holding the mud flap in place between the flat bar and square tube are 1/4 x 1.5" with locking washers. I painted it all black including the bolt heads exposed on the outside of the flaps. If you look inside the plastic fender there is a half circle hump of plastic - I screwed the top of the mudflad into that with a black auto screw.

Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch snow wheeling local trails 534AA3BF-58E0-42A4-8931-17DFC6736B42

These bolts 1/4 x 1.25" were my first attempt and were too short so I swapped them for the 1/4 x 1.5"

These bolts were a bit too long so I cut them off flush after installation took make sure the tires wouldn't come anywhere near on full turn.

I hope this helps, I always like coming up with DIY solutions whenever easily possible :)
Thank you!

OP
OP
internationlriders

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're a little over a month of ownership in now and have been out to this same public land use area a few times since. This area is only open to off road vehicles during the winter months to preserve the nature habitat so we like to take full advantage of it. There is ice climbing, hiking, and tons of area to have a fire, camp out, hunt, let the dogs run, etc.

Our second time out there was a lot more snow! I was pushing through some day old tracks likely created by rigs running 37s or larger and got through most of the tracks but still ended up getting high centered twice. After getting stuck the first time where I was aired down to 23psi, I was pulled out by a 1st gen Tacoma with 37s at 8psi. I then aired down further to 13 psi which worked really well for most of the day. On the way back out of this area the wind and snow had continued to drift, filling in the tracks created in the morning and I got stuck again. This time all three of the rigs in our convoy got stuck here. After a few minutes a convoy of heavily modded Wranglers on 37s came past using a bypass and pulled us out.

The moral of this story is that the Bronco on 35s, aired down low, doesn't have very much ground clearance. I've since ordered the RPG perch collars (temporary solution while aftermarket catches up and since we ride fully loaded with camping gear, dogs, etc. this will help), some Black Rhino wheels, and am going with 37s. I'm also waiting on some steering parts from BroncBuster to ensure we don't break our steering rack.

The next issue that occurred after our second time out to this area and probably about a dozen water crossings, we were driving in 4A around town I got a '4x4 malfunction, please service vehicle immediately' error flashing on the dash and then it seemed the computer would dump the transfer case into 4H. We took the Bronco into the dealership and they found a faulty transfer case control module. They have placed an order for it but don't expect it to arrive for 1-3 months. The good news is that all the other modes work fine - just not 4A, so we're still getting out almost every weekend.

Here's a bit of footage from our second time out, we didn't save any footage from subsequent times as it's kind of the same every time.

Sponsored