First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish there was an option to not have the Eibach springs level the truck. I’m concerned if I do the spring lift, I’ll be *too* level—so when I put a bike rack on the hitch, I’ll be squatting. You’d have to do all the install work before evaluating… then do it all again to add a rear spacer if needed.
Just install the rear springs.

I mentioned in the Eibach coil spring thread that they are developing an HD spring designed for heavier loads.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish there was an option to not have the Eibach springs level the truck. I’m concerned if I do the spring lift, I’ll be *too* level—so when I put a bike rack on the hitch, I’ll be squatting. You’d have to do all the install work before evaluating… then do it all again to add a rear spacer if needed.
What do springs run?

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if the Eibach springs require the use of a spring compressor to install them on the rear of your 2-door, it will still give you a forward rake. That is what I wished for, but didn't get with the perch collars. I even removed my heavy rear tire and I'm still barely level if not minor squatting.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Badlands after installing the zone 2” lift (and UCA’s). I think that one is the way to go…it didn’t take very long to want an additional lift after I leveled it 😅

37F6FAE3-EE63-4525-9A72-DBF01CC57F3B.jpeg

7B99B5A6-D18E-4938-BA3B-7CBB975434FD.jpeg
That's a stunning Bronco, John!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you check out the link I posted above it has info on the install. But eibach springs designed for the sasquatch on my non sasquatch badlands (same shock essentially). 33's right now, but going to 35's as soon as I have time to get them mounted/balanced.

Compress_20230129_231036_6006.jpg

Compress_20230129_234037_7429.jpg

Compress_20230129_234037_7890.jpg
That's a beautiful Bronco, Jon!

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I ask what model of Eibach springs you purchased? I also have a BL 2DR and this is something I'd prefer to do compared to the sping perch/spacer options.
Eibach just did a lift last week on a non sas bronco. They used the springs that they advertise for the SAS badlands. That thread in on here and I have been posting to it. Eibach will be issuing their finalized recommendations end of this week (first week February).

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eibach just did a lift last week on a non sas bronco. They used the springs that they advertise for the SAS badlands. That thread in on here and I have been posting to it. Eibach will be issuing their finalized recommendations end of this week (first week February).
Interesting. But using SAS springs is less than a half inch lift and doesn't eliminate the rake. I'll look for more info from Eibach on this but this doesn't look like the 2" front and 1" rear lift we'd all like.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. But using SAS springs is less than a half inch lift and doesn't eliminate the rake. I'll look for more info from Eibach on this but this doesn't look like the 2" front and 1" rear lift we'd all like.
I mostly want to get roughly back the space lost by going from 33s to 35s. I’d rather skip doing a lift or adding spacers. From my novice reading of many threads for pages and pages, upgrading to Eibach SAS springs seems effective, safe and not too expensive (not sure on price though). Additional lift requires additional thought.

it would be glorious if someone could summarize options with pros/cons/cost. With the recent SAS limiting by Ford, I suspect thousands of board members are or will be interested.

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out Eibach website. The advertised front lift with their springs on the Sasquatch shock body is 2.3" back 1.6". If you are using a none-sasquatch badlands shock body you will get less by about 0.4".

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If just staying with a 33" or maybe going up to a 35" Tire, then just do a 1" level lift on the front..

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out Eibach website. The advertised front lift with their springs on the Sasquatch shock body is 2.3" back 1.6". If you are using a none-sasquatch badlands shock body you will get less by about 0.4".
That's a good summary of the 29 page thread I just read through where you contributed. Someone mentioned if you add a .5" spring perch and trim the bump stop, you essentially have the same thing as the SAS suspension with these springs.

Since Eibach's site doesn't have an output for BL non-Sas the trick now is understanding the SaS based equivalent for the non-SaS trucks. It might be as simple as a just using the SaS version for your particular model/optioned rig but I'll let someone with higher risk tolerance guinea pig that for me. :) Thanks a ton for leading me to that thread. Lots of good intel.

OP
OP
Area51BS

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If just staying with a 33" or maybe going up to a 35" Tire, then just do a 1" level lift on the front..
I thought of doing this. But would like to do the rear. I’m not sure about the rake. Sometimes it appears low in front and sometimes low in the rear. Must be parking position, flat, uphill or downhill.
Sponsored