First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x Vw Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a Badlands, 2.7, Sas instead of a Wildtrak. I wanted the Wildtrak since debut because of “High Speed off road.” I plan to run high speed in Baja mode as much as possible on weekends. But once i saw the interior and model comparison PDF. I did what it seems like everyone else did. Badlands, because i enjoy crawling and I really appreciated the front locker on our Rubicon HardRock. And the 2.7 (because i hated how slow our rubicon hard rock was.) etc......

-My question is will the badlands be tuned differently within the GOAT modes?
-Will the suspension be tuned differently?
-Am I limiting my self to higher off road speeds?
-Can I use smaller tires on the Sas Pkg for beach and sand high speed. And then the stock 35s for crawling?

I have been in the market for a raptor for quite sometime. But residual on used stayed high and the new just seemed to much as well. I know this is not a raptor replacement.

(I searched tirelessly to not repeat a post but i could find nothing specifically to answer my question.)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the site!

I believe when Ford took the Broncos to Moab, they were running them mostly with 33's I believe. Might be worth it to go get non squatch route. Maybe opt for the wheel upgrade instead.

OP
OP

Youngrelzy

Badlands
First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x Vw Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking that. It took so long to decide on Sas. I’m actually a little mad at all the options and/or how they were marketed.

Also I live in NJ and most likely will have a 25 mph lower top speed off road as opposed to road trips south or transport to Moab. Which then I would have to swap the tire.

Also..... the “high speed off road” “wildtrak” is marketed with the standard SAS. Maybe with exhaust and a custom tune the weight won’t be noticeable.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a Badlands, 2.7, Sas instead of a Wildtrak. I wanted the Wildtrak since debut because of “High Speed off road.” I plan to run high speed in Baja mode as much as possible on weekends. But once i saw the interior and model comparison PDF. I did what it seems like everyone else did. Badlands, because i enjoy crawling and I really appreciated the front locker on our Rubicon HardRock. And the 2.7 (because i hated how slow our rubicon hard rock was.) etc......

-Can I use smaller tires on the Sas Pkg for beach and sand high speed. And then the stock 35s for crawling?

I have been in the market for a raptor for quite sometime. But residual on used stayed high and the new just seemed to much as well. I know this is not a raptor replacement.

(I searched tirelessly to not repeat a post but i could find nothing specifically to answer my question.)

Thanks in advance!
SAS seems like a waste on a badlands if you're not crazy about the stock 35s

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To answer your questions:

I would anticipate no. The only difference I could see is the rock crawl GOAT mode on the Badlands might also automatically disconnect the sway bar (Sway bar disconnect is only an option on Badlands)

Likely not. Sasquatch package might be tuned differently on 2.3L, 2.7L and 2 door vs 4 door due to different weights, otherwise, I'd expect it to be very similar across trims.

I don't think so. Same tires, suspension set up on both vehicles. I don't believe the Wildtrack has a wider track width or anything that would really benefit higher off road speeds (besides coming standard with the Sasquatch package)

I imagine you could but I would use some caution. The sasquatch package and suspension was tuned for 35" tires. I could see some variability in driving characteristics when using 33" tires with the Sasquatch . Also, your speedometer will be wrong if you switch and don’t recalibrate

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Youngrelzy

Badlands
First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x Vw Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that I am crazy about them, I guess just not as educated as i should be on the axel ratio, tire size differences and how they would effect driving at higher speeds.

Sway Bar obviously locked at highspeeds and not offered on wildtrak. But I have more off road protection and a better interior with the MGV (IMO) because i don’t have to pay for a leather upgrade in the wildtrak.

If I’m being honest. I have always spent a little more at the dealer because once upon a time I have dumped college funds into cars aftermarket. I’m just tired lol. I would like to tune it, add exhaust and a light bar and be DONE!

OP
OP

Youngrelzy

Badlands
First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x Vw Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’m making it hard because I have been looking for a better Rubicon and a cheaper Raptor for almost 3 years.

This may be the best best of both worlds for now.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put it in sport mode and gas it. You’ll be good to go.

OP
OP

Youngrelzy

Badlands
First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2x Vw Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put it in sport mode and gas it. You’ll be good to go.
Badlands doesn’t have sport mode lol hoping we can do a Cobb tune adjustment on one or all of the modes to add a sport/ish variant.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stig and I had a conversation about this ..noticed one day they the Wildtrak and FE sat two inches higher that the Sasquatch..so I'm thinking the WT and FE still got some extra suspension height.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stig and I had a conversation about this ..noticed one day they the Wildtrak and FE sat two inches higher that the Sasquatch..so I'm thinking the WT and FE still got some extra suspension height.

That would be nice if Ford could confirm that before the order banks close. I think it would make a lot of people ditch the badlands for a wildtrack

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing that would make a Wildtrak better than a Squatched Badlands for high-speed off-road is lower weight. No steel bumpers or skid plates. There's no difference in suspension and there's nothing in particular about the Wildtrak that makes it better than any other Squatched Bronco. It's marketing.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What?!
I'm frustrated there is no explanation of suspension differences from Ford.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What?!
I'm frustrated there is no explanation of suspension differences from Ford.
Said needed a tape measure to notice....like mentioned above I do think it's just the vehicles is lighter all around. The bumpers and such. Said still following up on it!

Screenshot_20210130-125358~2.png

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Said needed a tape measure to notice....like mentioned above I do think it's just the vehicles is lighter all around. The bumpers and such. Said still following up on it!

Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7, Sas vs Wildtrak vs Raptor High Speed Off Road Screenshot_20210130-125358~2
You guys rock! Thanks for all the info.
Sponsored