First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought 33's would be fine until I did the Off-Roadeo. On the day I drove with 33's I was making good use of the skid plates. One the day with SAS, I don't think I used them a single time.
That experience made me add SAS to my order.
I wanted manual so stuck with 33s on a 21.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stang5lgt

Stang5lgt

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great nice mountaineer too! I really want to come up with a hydraulic assist suspension that would allow me to ride on road stuffed almost like you are now. But then pump it up a couple inches offroad. But still keeping all the suspension travel on traditional setups. I have been trying to figure that out for my Eagles(and Maverick before that) for a long time. I just love the handling and composure of a relatively low COG but realize there is often a need for clearance. For coil overs maybe a hydraulic collapsable spacer lift? With a self adjusting droop limiter?

Looks good though, good tire choice. A good DD capable mud tire. I just cant get behind any of these AT builds for offroading. I dont thing I have ever rescued a rig with swampers, but have pulled a couple with BFGs stuck in wet grass lol
Maybe air shocks but you would need compressed gas to raise it

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@wanna1 Which Off-Roadeo did you go to? We went to TX and they were all SAS.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to order Sasquatch fenders for it to reduce the road spray.
Hit up the marketplace section. I have seen several members with Sasquatch fenders looking to go down to normal fenders.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which Off-Roadeo did you go to? We went to TX and they were all SAS.
I went to Texas too. We had both SAS & nonSAS and all were Badlands models with a mix of MIC and soft tops (I tried both tops). There was only 1 manual.
I was there during the 1st week in July.

Sponsored

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to Texas too. We had both SAS & nonSAS and all were Badlands models with a mix of MIC and soft tops (I tried both tops). There was only 1 manual.
I was there during the 1st week in July.
Oh okay. We went in September and they said they had traded a bunch out recently. We had all trim levels plus 2 and 4 doors, but all SAS. Only MT was the one in front on display.

Deleted member 12876

I realize I will be in the minority here, I dislike the look of just massive tires. I even am thinking SAS is just too large (33's are the sweet looking spot for me).

Nice work on your build, I don't want to deter from your personal ride!
Can’t have a wildtrak without the Sasquatch package

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe air shocks but you would need compressed gas to raise it
The problem with air shocks is I have always heard that ride quality is alot worse. One day I will come up with an idea of how to adjust ride height on the fly without affecting ride quality. Something like these for jeeps but mechanised. I would trade all the heated/cooled seats, in-dash tvs, and trail assists it.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I realize I will be in the minority here, I dislike the look of just massive tires. I even am thinking SAS is just too large (33's are the sweet looking spot for me).

My first impression of a two door on 315s was “those look just a little cartoonishly big and 33’s are probably the sweet spot”.

But the Squatch springs ride better than the Badlands at the same tire pressure.

Ended up going Sasquatch, but will consider 295 or 285s for the next set if I feel like they are too big / causing bad road manners.

Sumo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx sti
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good looking 2 door 👍. What 2 inch lift did you go with? I may be looking for a lift for my 2 door Badsquatch one day.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a lift just have not installed it yet. Took delivery just over 3 weeks ago. Picked up some 37x12.50r17 Thompson Baja Boss MTs and Black Rhino Garison Beadlocks with 0 offset. Plan on installing 2 inch lift this weekend. 2.3 Eco with 7 speed manual. Still managing just over 20 mpg mixed driving here in thin air Colorado. I did have cut about 3/4" of the factory slider off for the tires to clear at full lock(pic below). But I already put 250 miles on it with no lift rubs inner fender sometimes at full lock and hit bump. Hopefully lift Saturday and Wheeling on Sunday. 😎

Ford Bronco Badlands 2 door on 37s no lift.... [37x12.50r17 Thompson Baja Boss MTs + Black Rhino Garison Beadlocks with +0 offset] 20211121_094027

Ford Bronco Badlands 2 door on 37s no lift.... [37x12.50r17 Thompson Baja Boss MTs + Black Rhino Garison Beadlocks with +0 offset] 20211121_094027

Make sure when you turn your wheel far right or left, that it isn't rubbing the metal pipe
You don't even have to look. You can run your hand behind to see when it does. My tires are far smaller and do rub that bar if I'm making a really tight turn (which is super rare, but now I'm conscious of it)

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m with you 100%. First thing I’m doing is putting 33s on my fun/base model.