Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the meaty look of the BFG's and the optional wheel better than the Sasquatch's, I like the look of the 35" better.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands 33" vs Sasquatch Stance Shots + Suspension Parts Numbers IMG_0656.JPG
So maybe 1/4" or so higher suspension on the Sas. How were the two equipped? Were they both Badlands? Same engines? Same trim levels?

Bottom line - wider wheels and taller tires on a manual Badlands and your pretty much have a sasquatch without the sticker.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Badlands 33" vs Sasquatch Stance Shots + Suspension Parts Numbers IMG_0656.JPG
So maybe 1/4" or so higher suspension on the Sas. How were the two equipped? Were they both Badlands? Same engines? Same trim levels?

Bottom line - wider wheels and taller tires on a manual Badlands and your pretty much have a sasquatch without the sticker.
left is big bend sasquatch auto 2.7

right is manual badlands 2.3 lux

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

left is big bend sasquatch auto 2.7

right is manual badlands 2.3 lux
Considering a 2.7 Big Bend has a curb weight between 4639 and 5170, and a Badlands 2.3 has a curb weight between 4965 and 5198, I'm going with weight differences for that 1/4".

@North7 - keeping my bet on no difference - just weight variations and a 10mm bumpstop. There may be spring differences, but people compared springs when the JKs came out and there was a lot of variation. Yes the Rubicon springs are heavier (1/2-3/4" lift), but different Rubicons had different springs when compared.

Hoping to see it with my own eyes next Saturday.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a future 2.3 manual badlands on 33's owner, I think a spring swap will quickly be available to provide a little 1-2" lift for a clean 35" upgrade. Springs should be cheap for popular/volume applications like this, my mustang springs were less than $300. I saw some other suspension pictures posted that show shock differences (reservior positions) and possibly minor length differences, but its probably not a big factor. Another option is running 33x12.5x17's to get the width and stance, but keep the height and clearance similar.

Gutter Clown

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a future 2.3 manual badlands on 33's owner, I think a spring swap will quickly be available to provide a little 1-2" lift for a clean 35" upgrade. Springs should be cheap for popular/volume applications like this, my mustang springs were less than $300. I saw some other suspension pictures posted that show shock differences (reservior positions) and possibly minor length differences, but its probably not a big factor. Another option is running 33x12.5x17's to get the width and stance, but keep the height and clearance similar.
I looked at the Badlands with 33" at my event and could barely fit my fingers between the back of the tire and (what I think was) the control arm. Could be wrong on the component name as I am not very mechanically inclined on vehicles.

The SAS did not have this part and had plenty of clearance on the inside of the tire.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked at the Badlands with 33" at my event and could barely fit my fingers between the back of the tire and (what I think was) the control arm. Could be wrong on the component name as I am not very mechanically inclined on vehicles.

The SAS did not have this part and had plenty of clearance on the inside of the tire.
Just a quick visual for you

Ford Bronco Badlands 33" vs Sasquatch Stance Shots + Suspension Parts Numbers 1619269653637

Last edited:

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the BL with optional beadlocks. As much as I tried to love the huge SAS flares, I just couldn’t do it. Swapping tires on day 1 to BFG M/T 285/75/17. If I need an 1” or so lift, I’ll add it.
Same boat, although I am going to wait until the stock 33's are in need of replacement for 34's. Thinking 1" spacer or different wheels with a +30 offset to start though.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can confirm the entire front strut is different between a 33 tire Badlands and a Sasquatch. The part numbers are different the spring perches are mounted at a different height, the reservoirs are flipped. rear shocks are not as drastically different visually however might be. I got part number pictures, ill try to get those posed on the ESCV thread.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is due to wheel offset. Sas has an 8.5" with +30 and badlands has an 8" with +55. I calculated the Sas should have .73" more clearance off of any inside suspension components.

edit: velocitybrew beat me to it with his diagram.

Last edited:

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another future 2.3 manual Badlands owner here too. I'm thinking RTR 17x9" wheels with +30 and 305/70/17 (34x12") tires. Will give the width and poke without going to a full 35"

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another future 2.3 manual Badlands owner here too. I'm thinking RTR 17x9" wheels with +30 and 305/70/17 (34x12") tires. Will give the width and poke without going to a full 35"
Why must you make me now want a 12" wide tire :LOL:
Sponsored