Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof... that's the danger of repeating info you read online without verifying.
Rusty, please show your work, or at least cite your sources. So far @North7 was presented the most believable information.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel dumb (nothing new) but I feel the more I learn the more I’m confused.

I only want 33’s on my BL 2 door. I thought at first by not going Sasquatch it wouldn’t matter as I’d just get a skinnier tire then what I’d get on the 33” option Squatch but it seems there is more to it then that.

Can someone explain to me like I’m 5 what the difference actual is and pros and cons? Or just delete this comment if there are no stupid question. Thanks
the squatch is lifted with an entirely different HOSS Reservoir bilstein suspension. Same shit just like half inch lift.
the squatch has wider wheels that stick out further for more clearance.

so a 33 badlands vs 35 is wheels, shocks, springs, and tires different, (and gears if automatic) as far as we know currently

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the squatch is lifted with an entirely different HOSS Reservoir bilstein suspension. Same shit just like half inch lift.
Okay so even this sentence confuses me. Same shit but completely different...

So if I’m getting this at all then yes the suspension is different on Squatch but it’s only for the half of an inch lift?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so even this sentence confuses me. Same shit but completely different...

So if I’m getting this at all then yes the suspension is different on Squatch but it’s only for the half of an inch lift?
Same line of shocks, different part numbers.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same line of shocks, different part numbers.
Right I get that but they are only different (part number) because the need for the half inch of lift and these same shocks (different part number) give it that half inch of lift?

I’m sorry..
tenor.gif

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Rusty, please show your work, or at least cite your sources. So far @North7 was presented the most believable information.
What are you talking about? I already admitted I was wrong. Dude has the receipts. My source was some idiot on this forum lol.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right I get that but they are only different (part number) because the need for the half inch of lift and these same shocks (different part number) give it that half inch of lift?

I’m sorry..
tenor.gif
We don’t actually know exactly how they differ yet. We’re still in the intelligence gathering phase. The fact that there are different part numbers was kind of a revelation alone.

It may be something as simple as the shocks being that 0.5” longer to accommodate a longer spring as well… or maybe the dampening characteristics are completely different.

All we know is that if you Squatch your Badlands, you’re getting a different set of shocks… which alone should weigh at least a bit with people who were thinking they’d just slap 35” tires on their stock BL and achieve the same result as Squatch.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you talking about? I already admitted I was wrong. Dude has the receipts. My source was some idiot on this forum lol.
Oh!

Hah!

Sorry!

(I thought you were doubling down and calling North wrong for repeating stuff he found on the internet.)

My apologies.

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh!

Hah!

Sorry!

(I thought you were calling North wrong for repeating stuff he found on the internet.)

My apologies.
I guess 35’s will fit a badlands easy after all, half inch lift is nothing!, remove the crash bars, install wheels and walk away!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess 35’s will fit a badlands easy after all, half inch lift is nothing!, remove the crash bars, install wheels and walk away!
Yes. With the appropriate offset (+30 or thereabouts) the 315 width 35” tires should fit the BL… but what we’re learning is that because the two suspensions are not identical, we don’t know in what ways this will impact changing the tires.

In the very least, you’ll likely achieve a slightly more “stuffed” look… and you may experience interference at full compression… if you aren’t anticipating full compression then this won’t be an issue… or just add thicker bump stops…

There was rubbing reported on the Overland build. That did not have the Sas suspension (not sure if it even had a standard BL suspension… those were “true 35s” but they look so stuffed… not sure if that was because it had a base suspension or it was just the weight on that vehicle), and we don’t know in what way they rubbed.

If I had to hazard a guess, I bet the problem was the 0 offset wheels causing interference during turning.

Sponsored

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. With the appropriate offset (+30 or thereabouts) the 315 width 35” tires should fit the BL… but what we’re learning is that because the two suspensions are not identical, we don’t know in what ways this will impact changing the tires.

In the very least, you’ll likely achieve a slightly more “stuffed” look… and you may experience interference at full compression… if you aren’t anticipating full compression then this won’t be an issue… or just add thicker bump stops…
I’ll be the test mule when mine arrives! I’m still planning on installing a 2” lift when there available! I’m actually not a fan of the overland concepts look as it looks to stuffed.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don’t actually know exactly how they differ yet. We’re still in the intelligence gathering phase. The fact that there are different part numbers was kind of a revelation alone.

It may be something as simple as the shocks being that 0.5” longer to accommodate a longer spring as well… or maybe the dampening characteristics are completely different.

All we know is that if you Squatch your Badlands, you’re getting a different set of shocks… which alone should weigh at least a bit with people who were thinking they’d just slap 35” tires on their stock BL and achieve the same result as Squatch.
Okay great thank you! I’m feeling a little less dumb now.

Looking more into it there is a thread (actually a few) about this as well.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-with-sasquatch-what-would-be-involved.14615/

You would think Ford would clear this up better as it’s hard to make a clear decision as it is.
Thanks OP for confirming the different part numbers. I guess the plot thickens...

Last edited:

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands 33" vs Sasquatch Stance Shots + Suspension Parts Numbers tenor
So maybe 1/4" or so higher suspension on the Sas. How were the two equipped? Were they both Badlands? Same engines? Same trim levels?

Bottom line - wider wheels and taller tires on a manual Badlands and your pretty much have a sasquatch without the sticker.
Small difference, big price. I am thinking there are some smoke and mirrors involved with SAS as well as the tires. I am wondering if the different part numbers are nothing more than giving those who paid the price something to point to and say, “see, they’re different”. I guess time will tell.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be the test mule when mine arrives! I’m still planning on installing a 2” lift when there available! I’m actually not a fan of the overland concepts look as it looks to stuffed.
They all look too stuffed if you ask me. I’m trying to build an overlander/daily so I’m leaning towards 33s for better gas money and I think they are adequate for the 2d but also don’t want to miss out on Sasquatch benefits.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Small difference, big price. I am thinking there are some smoke and mirrors involved with SAS as well as the tires. I am wondering if the different part numbers are nothing more than giving those who paid the price something to point to and say, “see, they’re different”. I guess time will tell.

NO. Smoke they are different.

The front "coil overs" are completely different assemblies. The piggyback reservoir is flipped. The springs are different. Dont know about length differences. cant measure that compressed on truck. I posted the pictures of each assembly in here, already, but i will put them up again for the people who need reinforcement

33 BFG truck has reservoirs pointed up.

Ford Bronco Badlands 33" vs Sasquatch Stance Shots + Suspension Parts Numbers 33 coil

Ford Bronco Badlands 33" vs Sasquatch Stance Shots + Suspension Parts Numbers coil
Sponsored