First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To owners of Badlands and Wildtrak, I sat in a Bronco Big Bend with manual seats and the driver has both the lever to increase seat height as well as rotating knob for lumbar. The passenger has raise lever but no lumbar.

I am wondering about potential difference between base trims and mgv and leather trims.

1.) Leather and MGV both have different design (vs. Cloth) with indention/space behind shoulders. Looks more sporty, but which is more comfortable in back area?
2.) I know that learher comes with cup holders in backseat armrest, does MGV?
3.) Do all backseat recline slightly or only Leather?

Input from those other Badlands or Wildtrak appreciated.

Thanks,
Alabama Dave
Sponsored

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have a Bronco yet, but I know that the MGV does not come with rear armrest/cupholders. No, I dont know why the leather trim gets this but MGV doesnt.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To owners of Badlands and Wildtrak, I sat in a Bronco Big Bend with manual seats and the driver has both the lever to increase seat height as well as rotating knob for lumbar. The passenger has raise lever but no lumbar.

I am wondering about potential difference between base trims and mgv and leather trims.

1.) Leather and MGV both have different design (vs. Cloth) with indention/space behind shoulders. Looks more sporty, but which is more comfortable in back area?

Thanks,
Alabama Dave
I have a MGV BD, 2 Door but also had a 4Dr. Backseats recline slightly and the 4 Door does not appear to have cupholders in the armrest as I recall (I may be wrong here as other have said MGV does not have these, I looked at an old pic and I am not sure the MGV even had a center console in the back that lowered so I doubt it had cupholders). 2 Door they are built into the side moldings. I can't sepak to cloth comfort as I have only experienced the BD MGV but I feel it is more comfortable than my Lexus Rx350 and my previous honda accord. I like the way I can prop my left arm when driving , the height and support is very compfortable. As fasr as back comfort that is very subjective but i think its fine and having it be manual is one less thing to break.
i

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking to get MGV or cloth, depending on trim BD or WT, and if cloth, changing to katzkin as cheaper.

I guess I need to go sit in both, but not available near me and now worried that cloth seat difference is not just material and power but also ergonomics and thus back comfort. Moreover, I have heard that back seats are very uncomfortable and straight up and worried that cannot get 2 inch recline if go base seat level. I know marginal but important for me as helps with son's car seat fitment and my wife often rides in back by him on long trips and she has bad back so being able to marginally change recline, even if just 2 inches, is very, very important. Happy wife, happy life, especially on road trips in same vehicle.

Does anyone know if cloth back seats in Wildtrak recline?

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at ours of broncos listed for sale, MGV gets same sporty back design as leather (opening behind upper back), but cloth does not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a MGV BD, 2 Door but also had a 4Dr. Backseats recline slightly and the 4 Door does not appear to have cupholders in the armrest as I recall (I may be wrong here as other have said MGV does not have these, I looked at an old pic and I am not sure the MGV even had a center console in the back that lowered so I doubt it had cupholders). 2 Door they are built into the side moldings. I can't sepak to cloth comfort as I have only experienced the BD MGV but I feel it is more comfortable than my Lexus Rx350 and my previous honda accord. I like the way I can prop my left arm when driving , the height and support is very compfortable. As fasr as back comfort that is very subjective but i think its fine and having it be manual is one less thing to break.
i
Thanks

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4d BL with MGV. I haven’t even tried to recline the seats. If they recline, it’s minimal. There is not rear center console nor cup holders. I am not sure about a center console with cup holders if you add leather. What I can say is that I love my MGV seats and wash out flooring. With kids and pets, it’s perfect. I would recommend them over the leather. I was debating between the WT and BL and decided on the BL because of the MGV.

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont have a Bronco yet, but I know that the MGV does not come with rear armrest/cupholders. No, I dont know why the leather trim gets this but MGV doesnt.
Thanks
I have a 4d BL with MGV. I haven’t even tried to recline the seats. If they recline, it’s minimal. There is not rear center console nor cup holders. I am not sure about a center console with cup holders if you add leather. What I can say is that I love my MGV seats and wash out flooring. With kids and pets, it’s perfect. I would recommend them over the leather. I was debating between the WT and BL and decided on the BL because of the MGV.
Thanks. I want for same reason, just not sure about all black vinyl interior in 100+ beach weather along Florida panhandle. Thinking Katzkin leather could be cooler, especially with cloth covers on for beach trips. Originally was going to order Rapid Red or Antimatter blue, but no longer option and going with white now. Badlands in Oxford white means would be all black and white (and gray and orange), and would like some tone and color other than blacks, grays and white. And not a fan of orange.. Thinking katzkin in full canvas tan (closet to dash) on Wildtrak and changing highlights to red. Quoted $1250-$1650 depending on numbers colors and diamond stitching. Fyi. Installer said they could not get katzkin degreez cooling to be comfortable and can feel unit when sit in seat so not installing which is too bad as a cooling seat would be helpful when 100f next summer at beach.

That being said, I still like idea of getting disco and filling in dash hole on badlands, and I asked head of service at dealer about enabling sport mode on Badlands and warranty and he is supposed to let me know. Wife is also not happy that colored door handles gone and black now on Wildtrak. So on fence somewhat again as to BD vs WT, although likely staying with Wildtrak. If cloth seats as comfortable as leather and can recline back seat, then thinking to stick with manual and apply Katzkin as cheaper as well as easier/faster to adjust after wife has used due to no memory seats. Just pull and slide versus wait for power seat move back. Also think will be able to get full rubber floor mats with lips for carpeted floor on wildtrak.

Just sharing my thoughts here as helpful for me and perhaps others reading and thinking about these items. Thoughts?

Have you used floor wash out much?
How does washout work in cargo floor?
What body color did you get?
Have you had MGV seats in very hot weather yet?

Thanks again,
Dave

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have an FE with leather and a Badlands with MGV. I prefer the MGV, its more comfortable. I hate that MGV doesn't have a rear armrest. I don't miss the power seats as my wife and I don't adjust anything between the two of us.

The MGV is softer, both in the material itself and the seat padding itself. I think the MGV heats better as well. I am hoping the MGV ages better.

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks

Thanks. I want for same reason, just not sure about all black vinyl interior in 100+ beach weather along Florida panhandle. Thinking Katzkin leather could be cooler, especially with cloth covers on for beach trips. Originally was going to order Rapid Red or Antimatter blue, but no longer option and going with white now. Badlands in Oxford white means would be all black and white (and gray and orange), and would like some tone and color other than blacks, grays and white. And not a fan of orange.. Thinking katzkin in full canvas tan (closet to dash) on Wildtrak and changing highlights to red. Quoted $1250-$1650 depending on numbers colors and diamond stitching. Fyi. Installer said they could not get katzkin degreez cooling to be comfortable and can feel unit when sit in seat so not installing which is too bad as a cooling seat would be helpful when 100f next summer at beach.

That being said, I still like idea of getting disco and filling in dash hole on badlands, and I asked head of service at dealer about enabling sport mode on Badlands and warranty and he is supposed to let me know. Wife is also not happy that colored door handles gone and black now on Wildtrak. So on fence somewhat again as to BD vs WT, although likely staying with Wildtrak. If cloth seats as comfortable as leather and can recline back seat, then thinking to stick with manual and apply Katzkin as cheaper as well as easier/faster to adjust after wife has used due to no memory seats. Just pull and slide versus wait for power seat move back. Also think will be able to get full rubber floor mats with lips for carpeted floor on wildtrak.

Just sharing my thoughts here as helpful for me and perhaps others reading and thinking about these items. Thoughts?

Have you used floor wash out much?
How does washout work in cargo floor?
What body color did you get?
Have you had MGV seats in very hot weather yet?

Thanks again,
Dave
Ps. Installer stated tried installing Katzkin degreez cooling and plate could be felt through seat and not comfortable and why not doing. They also attended Sema and not found soltuion. Note. I was hoping to choose cloth and implant Katzkin with Degreez cooling for hot summer and beach trips but alas looks to be issue with plate being apparent and uncomfortable to sit on. If anyone has different experience or view, then please share.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like my mgv and if I could do it all over again I would still get mgv.

But, I do think they're going to be hot in the summer just like leather.

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an FE with leather and a Badlands with MGV. I prefer the MGV, its more comfortable. I hate that MGV doesn't have a rear armrest. I don't miss the power seats as my wife and I don't adjust anything between the two of us.

The MGV is softer, both in the material itself and the seat padding itself. I think the MGV heats better as well. I am hoping the MGV ages better.
Wow. Thanks. That is good comp to have. I would have expected leather to be softer.

Can you tell me if you have 4 door badlands with MGV, does the back seat recline at all?

For cup holder, I will need a solution later after my 3 year car seat removed from middle. That being said by time I receive Bronco, he may be 5.

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks,
Alabama Dave
Just got my Black Diamond a few days ago. Seat backs seem very comfortable as is the quality of the vinyl. My buddy has the leather trim and I prefer the MGV.

I think there is no center cup holder for the back seats for the MGV option due to the wash out nature of the interior. I assume water might accumulate in there and not be a good thing. I believe the backseats recline too.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the cup holder situation. The mesh door pockets are modular and I can bet you a company is going to make a cup holder you can replace it with.

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Black Diamond a few days ago. Seat backs seem very comfortable as is the quality of the vinyl. My buddy has the leather trim and I prefer the MGV.

I think there is no center cup holder for the back seats for the MGV option due to the wash out nature of the interior. I assume water might accumulate in there and not be a good thing. I believe the backseats recline too.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the cup holder situation. The mesh door pockets are modular and I can bet you a company is going to make a cup holder you can replace it with.
Thanks

OP
OP
alabamadave

alabamadave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like my mgv and if I could do it all over again I would still get mgv.

But, I do think they're going to be hot in the summer just like leather.
Thanks.
Sponsored