First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anybody currently use their Badlands as a daily driver? I just ordered an OBX but really like the aggressive style and MGV. OBX seat colors is something to be desired. I am just worried Badlands will be tough to drive on NJ highways everyday.
Sponsored

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been dailying my badlands no sasquatch on I-70 and its been a lot better then any jeep I've driven in. Its not as good as a like a sedan like my kia soul. But it's still pretty pleasant. The only thing that annoys me is the road noise. But no matter what bronco you get that will always be a issue.

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I daily drive my FE, so same off-road stance, tires, sasquatch, etc. as the Badlands.

I love the way it drives on the highway. It tracks incredibly well, the IFS smooths out any bumps, and the ride isn't harsh at all (in my opinion). To be fair, I have the MIC hard top, so I can't comment on soft top road noise, but the ride comfort is incredible.

For reference, I previously drove a lifted 2000 Grand Cherokee on 33's with long arms and lockers, a stock 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, and 2014 Lexus hybrid. The Bronco is my favorite on the road of all of them by far, both for road trips and in/around town.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really depends where and when you're driving in NJ. I've seen the gamut driving there. If you're in rush hour or holiday bumper-to-bumper, 80 mph traffic on GSP or NJTP then you might be happier in a more agile vehicle - though the Bronco visibility (both of and from) are certainly a plus. But if you're further out between, I dunno, Stafford and Cape May, then the BL is just great. I'm in a 2.3L; it has some punch, but not anywhere near what I would consider get-me-out-of-trouble punch.

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I daily my 2dr Non-Sas. ~3600miles so far. Avg 21mpg, lots of driving through the mountains. My only complaint is the srats are stiff, and my previous truck & company truck have ruined my posture.

20220203_121029.jpg

20211114_103727.jpg

20211112_143141.jpg

20220116_150959.jpg

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands Sas, 90mph on the hwy, rides so smooth to me. Way better than my past F-150s and on par with my wife’s explorer

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody currently use their Badlands as a daily driver? I just ordered an OBX but really like the aggressive style and MGV. OBX seat colors is something to be desired. I am just worried Badlands will be tough to drive on NJ highways everyday.
I live in NJ and have a Badlands that is my DD. I do have to qualify that as I work out of my home office, so I am not commuting with it. I only drive about 15K per year now on my own vehicle (rent for work travel per requirements) so I have no issues with this. It is a much better DD than the JLU Wrangler I had (it doesn't try to change lanes constantly) and it very comfortable. I have the KO2s on the optional wheels, and it is quieter than the jeep, and a bit louder than the XC90 I had before. Mileage around the area I get about 19-20. Longer trips (if you stay under 70) gets better mileage. Faster gets less. Love that I can take a direct route to the shore THROUGH the Pines, not around them, if I want. Is it overkill for what is here? Yep. Do I care? Nope. I love it.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...Its not as good as a like a sedan like my kia soul. ...
OT, but if they would put a LSD in a Soul, it would be hugely fun. I got to drive a rental 10 years back. The wheel spin and torque steer were the only thing holding back from being a pocket rocket.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I daily my 2-door Badlands Sasquatch and find it very comfortable here in the Seattle Metro area. Coming from many Jeep Wranglers....this feels much more comfortable.

I can't imagine it would feel that different if you're comparing OBX non-sasquatch to Badlands non-sas. KO2's on the latter ride pretty nice IMO.

Ford Bronco Badlands as Daily Driver? IMG_1759 (1)

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you like to look cool? Do you like to feel that you made a special vehicle even more special? Do you want awesome capability for when you are ready to finally take her off road?

It rides/drives way better than it should for its aggressive nature and 'stance'. Rough roads are well.. a little rough... but anyway....

Then your answer is 'Badlands Sasquatch'

Thank us later.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I daily my 2dr Non-Sas. ~3600miles so far. Avg 21mpg, lots of driving through the mountains. My only complaint is the srats are stiff, and my previous truck & company truck have ruined my posture.
Dang I'm not getting that, but just hit 1000. What grade fuel are you using?

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost 3 months, almost 6k miles, no complaints

Gary5393

Badlands
First Name
GARRETT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OT, but if they would put a LSD in a Soul, it would be hugely fun. I got to drive a rental 10 years back. The wheel spin and torque steer were the only thing holding back from being a pocket rocket.
Yea that would help coming up my driveway. I live on a mountain so even rain makes the journey a little challenging. I just like that they are manual.

Just to give more info my bronco has a mic top and the sound deadening. Still a little loud past 70 so I crank up the tunes.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at around 5k km (3k miles) and I daily my Badlands (non sasquatch) and other than horrible gas mileage (I still have no idea how some of you are getting 20+ mpg) and not really needing/wanting a soft top, it's a lot of fun.
Sponsored