Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know people are getting deliveries, and there is more access now for people to actually see a Bronco, but there are definitely those of us out there who haven’t gotten to test drive or see our particular trim.
Just went to my local dealership to pick up my wife’s new Explorer and got to take a look at a non-Sas Badlands, soft top, high package, in Cyber Orange. This is the first time I’ve gotten to see a BL in person and I have the same interior package so I was pumped to check it out! Unfortunately I couldnt take it for a test drive, but they were happy to let me check it out. Also of note this vehicle is being put to use as a loaner at this dealership which I though was interesting.

Exterior impressions:
- this has 33 MTs with the beauty ring and I have to say I was impressed. Prior to this I had only seen the stock Outerbanks tires in person And these really dwarf them in comparison. Personally I went with the SAS on my order and I havnt seen one in person yet, but having seen the 33s im now even more excited.

-the soft top is nice and looks clean but still not enough to make me change my order from a hard top.

- mod bumper still looks the best to me compared to the plastic or the new capable bumper and will be sticking with the mod.

- I think the thing that irritated me the most is the frameless windows not dropping fast enough and the rattle that happens after you open the door. Ford really needs to figure something out for that for the new models…you know in thier spare time when not trying to fix a piece of molded plastic…

Interior:
- Holy crap is the MGV nice! Better than I ever imagined. All concerns put to bed. It looks and feels just like leather. I love how comfortable the seats are, its like driving in a lazy boy.

-Other people have said the interior feels cheap and plasticy. To you I say take your bougie ass to Land rover and drop $75k on a Defender. The interior here is just fine and I love it.

- Do you need a 12in screen? Of course not. Is it awesome? You’re damn right it is!

- The center console grab handle was a little tighter than the others I have seen thus far, but definitely still moves a little more than most would like I think.

- Sound system- this is actually the first time ive gotten to mess with the sound system which has across the board received terrible reviews. Maybe I had my expectations set too low after reading all the scathing reviews because I was actually ok with it. I only put it up half volume and it was impressed with how loud it was. Where my balls trembling with every bass drop? No. But its certainly adequate enough for me to rock out to some tunes and seems like its loud enough for when the top is down as well. So overall i think i can scratch that off my list of extra expenses for upgrades or at least move it to the bottom.

-Im 6ft and my wife is 6’3 plenty of leg and head room and this thing is plenty spacious. Id be happy to take it on a long drive.

Overall, Im very happy with my order and I cant wait for it to get here. I also have to give a shout out to this forum because it is becoming painfully clear how little the dealerships actually know about this vehicle. My salesman for the Explorer was amazing and a pleasure to work with, but when showing me this vehicle tried to tell me it had a sasquatch package (it doesn't) and that it was a lux trim (its not)- so shout out for the eduction provided on this forum!

3F6934A9-3077-44C1-A4EC-566DB0EE1380.jpeg

86C5BE35-4A37-4847-8BC9-3ACBDB7F5769.jpeg

54E1ABFF-9B95-4769-8E2F-5A5B2F305BF0.jpeg

0366026A-03F7-421D-9505-078D161886E2.jpeg
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your review. I wish I could see a Bronco.

BTW those tires aren’t MT’s. They are AT’s. The Goodyear’s are a bit bigger, more aggressive and happen to be 6 pounds lighter than the Goodrich.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice review. It must be said that - loud is not necessarily an indication of “good”.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know people are getting deliveries, and there is more access now for people to actually see a Bronco, but there are definitely those of us out there who haven’t gotten to test drive or see our particular trim.
Just went to my local dealership to pick up my wife’s new Explorer and got to take a look at a non-Sas Badlands, soft top, high package, in Cyber Orange. This is the first time I’ve gotten to see a BL in person and I have the same interior package so I was pumped to check it out! Unfortunately I couldnt take it for a test drive, but they were happy to let me check it out. Also of note this vehicle is being put to use as a loaner at this dealership which I though was interesting.

Exterior impressions:
- this has 33 MTs with the beauty ring and I have to say I was impressed. Prior to this I had only seen the stock Outerbanks tires in person And these really dwarf them in comparison. Personally I went with the SAS on my order and I havnt seen one in person yet, but having seen the 33s im now even more excited.

-the soft top is nice and looks clean but still not enough to make me change my order from a hard top.

- mod bumper still looks the best to me compared to the plastic or the new capable bumper and will be sticking with the mod.

- I think the thing that irritated me the most is the frameless windows not dropping fast enough and the rattle that happens after you open the door. Ford really needs to figure something out for that for the new models…you know in thier spare time when not trying to fix a piece of molded plastic…

Interior:
- Holy crap is the MGV nice! Better than I ever imagined. All concerns put to bed. It looks and feels just like leather. I love how comfortable the seats are, its like driving in a lazy boy.

-Other people have said the interior feels cheap and plasticy. To you I say take your bougie ass to Land rover and drop $75k on a Defender. The interior here is just fine and I love it.

- Do you need a 12in screen? Of course not. Is it awesome? You’re damn right it is!

- The center console grab handle was a little tighter than the others I have seen thus far, but definitely still moves a little more than most would like I think.

- Sound system- this is actually the first time ive gotten to mess with the sound system which has across the board received terrible reviews. Maybe I had my expectations set too low after reading all the scathing reviews because I was actually ok with it. I only put it up half volume and it was impressed with how loud it was. Where my balls trembling with every bass drop? No. But its certainly adequate enough for me to rock out to some tunes and seems like its loud enough for when the top is down as well. So overall i think i can scratch that off my list of extra expenses for upgrades or at least move it to the bottom.

-Im 6ft and my wife is 6’3 plenty of leg and head room and this thing is plenty spacious. Id be happy to take it on a long drive.

Overall, Im very happy with my order and I cant wait for it to get here. I also have to give a shout out to this forum because it is becoming painfully clear how little the dealerships actually know about this vehicle. My salesman for the Explorer was amazing and a pleasure to work with, but when showing me this vehicle tried to tell me it had a sasquatch package (it doesn't) and that it was a lux trim (its not)- so shout out for the eduction provided on this forum!
Thanks for the review. Is there anything in particular you don't like about the soft top?

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the review. Is there anything in particular you don't like about the soft top?
I honestly cant say I know enough to give you an educated answer there. I’ve never owned a soft top, but for me I like the security of the hard top and feel just a touch safer in the event of an accident or bad weather (hurricane season down in FL). Also if im off-roading with the top on id rather deal with a scratch on plastic from a tree than a potential rip. Not sure if those are justified reasons, but thats where Im at…

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sort of foresaw the hard top problems and ordered with a soft top. I am pretty happy with mine. I like running it like a safari top most of the time. I don't tend to leave things in the car when I'm parked (except a half roll of TP in the back) and I did install the center console safe the day after it arrived.

I've had zero leakage. It keeps the water out, even in monsoon rains and in a pressurized car wash.

I think if I hit something hard enough to tear the top, I'd be looking at a cracked hard top. It's pretty durable, as far as I can tell.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn’t mention the package level for this vehicle. Did it have B&O sound, with sub? You’ll know if it has the Lux bc there is a usb on the dash.

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You didn’t mention the package level for this vehicle. Did it have B&O sound, with sub? You’ll know if it has the Lux bc there is a usb on the dash.
High package

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High package
Ok so base sound. I think it’s all a matter of opinion. I heard the B&O and was not impressed, so the base sound is going to be crap to my ears. I’ve resolved to spend money on replacing the base with after market speakers and not even bother with lux.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sort of foresaw the hard top problems and ordered with a soft top. I am pretty happy with mine. I like running it like a safari top most of the time. I don't tend to leave things in the car when I'm parked (except a half roll of TP in the back) and I did install the center console safe the day after it arrived.

I've had zero leakage. It keeps the water out, even in monsoon rains and in a pressurized car wash.

I think if I hit something hard enough to tear the top, I'd be looking at a cracked hard top. It's pretty durable, as far as I can tell.
Thanks Chris. I think with the added console safe, the biggest worry would be vandalism vice actually losing something. I'm pretty sure I could manage with the soft top, just that I never owned one so having trouble pulling the trigger on that. Right now I want to see what the heritage trims are... If I like one then sticking with the MIC but if not then gonna shift to soft top and maybe buy a hard top later if I hate the soft top 🤔

Sponsored

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure where you are in Fla, but Mullinax in West Palm Beach has a WT and a manual BB or maybe BD and they will let you drive them.

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer has 2 Broncos, a Badlands, and a Base, they have put a $20,000 dealer markup on both. The Badlands is a 2.3L 7MT with the 8" screen and they are asking just over 67,000 for it.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never owned a soft top. I’ve been considering changing my order to it due to doubts of Ford fixing this MIC top properly even on round two.. seeing more posts about leaks today has me leaning even further to a soft top, as well. My question is how loud is it? I drive for work. A lot. I know it won’t be as quiet as my current crossover, but will it be comfortable for 3-5 hours at a time? My plan if I go with a soft top is to eventually order the MIC once they have the kinks out of it… if that ever happens.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer has 2 Broncos, a Badlands, and a Base, they have put a $20,000 dealer markup on both. The Badlands is a 2.3L 7MT with the 8" screen and they are asking just over 67,000 for it.
That’s insane! My BL is the 2.7 with lux and comes out cheaper than that. I guess if someone wants it bad enough but that seems like highway robbery.

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s insane! My BL is the 2.7 with lux and comes out cheaper than that. I guess if someone wants it bad enough but that seems like highway robbery.
I am getting the BL with the 2.7 also, but I am getting the high package and I am paying much less than that. I agree with you, I think they both will be sitting on the lot for a while.
Sponsored