Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve never owned a soft top. I’ve been considering changing my order to it due to doubts of Ford fixing this MIC top properly even on round two.. seeing more posts about leaks today has me leaning even further to a soft top, as well. My question is how loud is it? I drive for work. A lot. I know it won’t be as quiet as my current crossover, but will it be comfortable for 3-5 hours at a time? My plan if I go with a soft top is to eventually order the MIC once they have the kinks out of it… if that ever happens.
I was in the same boat and had the opportunity to drive a BB sas 4dr soft top for an extended period over the weekend. No comparison to a fixed roof but not objectionable at all. It was a little loud at 90 plus but at normal speeds you could carry on a conversation no problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you are in Fla, but Mullinax in West Palm Beach has a WT and a manual BB or maybe BD and they will let you drive them.
I actually have my order in at Mullinax Apopka. On the waiting list for a test drive

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never owned a soft top. I’ve been considering changing my order to it due to doubts of Ford fixing this MIC top properly even on round two.. seeing more posts about leaks today has me leaning even further to a soft top, as well. My question is how loud is it? I drive for work. A lot. I know it won’t be as quiet as my current crossover, but will it be comfortable for 3-5 hours at a time? My plan if I go with a soft top is to eventually order the MIC once they have the kinks out of it… if that ever happens.
It's a bit louder when it's opened, but when it's closed it's not bad at all. It is about the same as my Wrangler was with a soft top. I've had several convertibles in the past, so I'm kind of used to it, though.

I would be okay driving around in it 3-5 hours, but like I said, I might be used to it.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Chris. I think with the added console safe, the biggest worry would be vandalism vice actually losing something. I'm pretty sure I could manage with the soft top, just that I never owned one so having trouble pulling the trigger on that. Right now I want to see what the heritage trims are... If I like one then sticking with the MIC but if not then gonna shift to soft top and maybe buy a hard top later if I hate the soft top 🤔
I really wanted the Modular top, but that wasn't an option at the time, and I didn't really want the MIC top, so I'm holding out for the MOD top if it ever happens. :)

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Extremely similar to the one at my dealer (I'm in your greater area, Jarret Gordon Davenport that i selected on preview night since I'm a few exits up I 4 so closest to me). Same color/packages etc. Got to take it for 24hrs and glad i could. Too late to change to high package from mid since besides the screen that yup do it...its the cameras all around are worth it for parking. Changed to the softtop last Monday to both get it built quicker and primarily for how easy it is and i know i will use it more and enjoy this thing open the way it should be. I'm not as concerned about the security side of it in my case.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stopped at Upland Ford to look at the one there. Same as the OP's seen. They would not get specific about a ADM. They said if I ordered one it would come in 8-16 weeks. When asked if they have delivered one,,,, no. They seem to be very confused about production and delivery times. Very evasive with answers. They really don't want to talk to people that know about Bronco. They really don't have the time to read up on the Bronco. They are so busy doing nothing.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer has 2 Broncos, a Badlands, and a Base, they have put a $20,000 dealer markup on both. The Badlands is a 2.3L 7MT with the 8" screen and they are asking just over 67,000 for it.
Simi Valley Ford over on First Street? Terrible Terrible reputation.

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the write-up! Last weekend I got to see two CO Bronco's in one day at different dealerships (a Badlands and a Wildtrak) and it was one of my best days in recent history lol. I've been following everything Bronco since it was first announced, and seeing them in person for the first time was awesome.

I thought the soft top was better than I figured it would be (and it could be a possible option for me now, where before the current mess I had ruled it out) I was also happy the non-squatch Badlands looked really good w/ a 2" lift and 35's + aftermarket wheels.

Like you, the only downside of the experience was when I told the salesman that that I'm patiently waiting for the Brapter info to release (it's not IF I'm going to buy a Bronco, it's just WHEN- so I can buy once cry once knowing all the options). He told be there were no plans for something like that.

I guess I can't blame him too much for being uninformed, but if I was in his spot I'd be all over forums and know what I was talking about. I would want to not know my $hit before talking to someone like me who has been scrounging for pieces of pineapple pizza, refreshing my browser for announcements, examining every spy shot, and leaving work early to watch the first release video ad lol.

Last edited:

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simi Valley Ford over on First Street? Terrible Terrible reputation.
That is the one. Did you use to live in Simi? You are right they are not the place I would go to buy a vehicle. I have my Bronco ordered from Granger Ford in Iowa, I will save me more than $22,000 plus a mini vacation driving back home.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the one. Did you use to live in Simi? You are right they are not the place I would go to buy a vehicle. I have my Bronco ordered from Granger Ford in Iowa, I will save me more than $22,000 plus a mini vacation driving back home.
Right on the border of Simi and Moorpark. Near the college. Did 35 years with LAPD before retiring and moving to Indianapolis.

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got the soft top and totally love it. Much better than the one on the 97 Wrangler that I drove daily for years. Good quality, no leaks, relatively quiet, easy to take off and put in the windows, and so flexible and easy with the different modes or positions (sunrider, safari, or fully back). It’s great.

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right on the border of Simi and Moorpark. Near the college. Did 35 years with LAPD before retiring and moving to Indianapolis.
I am happy to hear that you were able to get out of California, I have 7 more years to go before I can get out. I am near Yosemite and Los Angeles Ave (small world).

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Other people have said the interior feels cheap and plasticy. To you I say take your bougie ass to Land rover and drop $75k on a Defender. The interior here is just fine and I love it.
A $50k-plus Bronco, the car of the proletariat! Enjoy your Badlands on 35s, comrade!
Sponsored